Some "Classics" figures that I would like...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Darclipto
Protoform

Some "Classics" figures that I would like...

Post by Darclipto »

Springer - had a huge role in the movie and show, yet has had what, one toy? He would be an excellent choice in my opinion.

Arcee - I want a super girlie girl pink Arcee with over the top femenine features like the good old days :D

Ultra Magnus - not a white version of optimus, a mold that looks alot more like his G1 self minus the white cab pulling him.

Galvatron - not just a repaint of Megatron, a new mold with a completely different transformation... probably a turret like he was in G1.

Rodimus Prime - A bigger, badder version of Rodimus. Not an odd looking stretched out version like his G1 toy, more like Cybertron Defense Hot Shot, how he retains alot of his appearance but looks "buffer". And I rather him not turn into a Winnebago.
Sir Auros

Re: Some "Classics" figures that I would like...

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Darclipto
Springer - had a huge role in the movie and show, yet has had what, one toy? He would be an excellent choice in my opinion.

Arcee - I want a super girlie girl pink Arcee with over the top femenine features like the good old days :D

Ultra Magnus - not a white version of optimus, a mold that looks alot more like his G1 self minus the white cab pulling him.

Galvatron - not just a repaint of Megatron, a new mold with a completely different transformation... probably a turret like he was in G1.

Rodimus Prime - A bigger, badder version of Rodimus. Not an odd looking stretched out version like his G1 toy, more like Cybertron Defense Hot Shot, how he retains alot of his appearance but looks "buffer". And I rather him not turn into a Winnebago.

Springer, Arcee, and Galvatron all had pretty decent homages already in the Energon line. Ultra Magnus did too, but his paint scheme and sculpt was pretty far from the G1 stuff.
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

You could say the same for Rodimus as well, but thankfully they are making a Classics toy for him
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm pretty happy with the Stormbringer Jetfire we're getting. Other than that, I'd like to see more Autobot cars [season 1-2].
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Who was the Springer homage?

That said, I would still like to see Springer, Arcee and even Wreck-Gar feature in the Classic line, if only to get some decent figures in the G1 style designs. Other than that, most of my bases are covered. Maybe Wheeljack or Ironhide if they hasn't already been announced.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Oh, I definitely agree about Galvatron. That guy seriously needs a Classics upgrade.

And no, homages don't count; Energon Downshift/Wheeljack worked because he was close to the original in both modes, but Galvatron and Arcee weren't.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Ooh, Red Alert. I've always liked him. Sunstreaker, maybe. They could go crazy with these figures. And, aren't they being released at the same time as the 20th Anniversary movie? Advertise it on the box. "Springer/Arcee/Wreck-Gar as seen in Transformers: The Movie Super Awesome DVD - Avaliable now!"
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

Originally posted by Gouki
Who was the Springer homage?

Bulkhead
How can I sign my name on the screen? Do I use paint or something?
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Bulkhead is a terrible homage in my opinion. Sure, he's green and a helicopter but his "car mode"is merely the Chopper sitting on a wheeled platform.

He needs to be a true triplechanger, and he needs his real name.
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

I believe those differences make the difference between an homage and a reissue.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

But the Classics line is neither. Classics is more like remakes.

And I stand by my number uno choice: Galvatron!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Classics is nothing more than a filler line. A pretty decent one, but still a filler.

Bulkhead's name in superlink [the japanese version] was Sprung [Springer]. So his "real" name missing was just trademark issues. We've got a Galvatron "remake" in energon too. Starscream even.

We don't need remakes and homages of 20 year old characters in every toyline, please.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Classics is nothing more than a filler line. A pretty decent one, but still a filler. We've got a Galvatron "remake" in energon too.

That's not a remake! A remake would turn into a turret! Energon Galvatron is a homage.

Yes, I know I'm starting to sound like Trukk not Munky, but personally I don't care...
Halfshell

Re: Re: Some "Classics" figures that I would like...

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Springer, Arcee, and Galvatron all had pretty decent homages already in the Energon line. Ultra Magnus did too, but his paint scheme and sculpt was pretty far from the G1 stuff.

Quick correction - Energon Ultra Magnus had the retro colour scheme. It was Overload off of Armada (Micron Legend Ultra Magnus) who was all read.

Wooha.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Darclipto
Bulkhead is a terrible homage in my opinion. Sure, he's green and a helicopter but his "car mode"is merely the Chopper sitting on a wheeled platform.

That sounds like a valid homage to Springer to me, where his car mode originally was basically the helicopter without blades.
Clay

Post by Clay »

We don't need remakes and homages of 20 year old characters in every toyline, please.

True, but to be fair, that is essentially what the Classics line is meant to be.

Energon was unusually dense with them, though. Some were hit-or-miss, but I really like the Shockwave/blast that was offered up.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

You get that's the point of the Classics line, right? That's... whatt hey'r doing it for.

I stand by my wanting a Springer, Blur and Wreck-Gar figure. Ad I stand by my idea of using the Movie rererelease as the way to make them sell. A couple of Headmasters that make good figures would be nice... You know, good articulation, alternate modes that actually look good...
Sir Auros

Re: Re: Re: Some "Classics" figures that I would like...

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Quick correction - Energon Ultra Magnus had the retro colour scheme. It was Overload off of Armada (Micron Legend Ultra Magnus) who was all read.

Wooha.

Well aware (I did have that red brick at one point), but I was saying that the Energon version still wasn't all that evocative of the original.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It had blue on it, what more do you want?
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

Many of the G1 toys were great, but many were of an unacceptable quality(Ironhide and Ratchet, for instance). Some never even got proper figures(Arcee for instance).

Not only that, but toys tend to be bigger and more detailed nowadays.

So they NEED to be redone in Classics. I mean, how many reduxes of various popular Marvel characters have we gotten? So why not classic Transformers characters(which also happen to be classic Marvel characters)?

We've never gotten a good Bumblebee figure. I'm so glad we're getting one(though wish he was a little taller to stand next to MP Prime).

Also, keep in mind that these are filling the hole that the lack of Robot Masters left here. Starscream and Two Packs Prime are pretty great figures; especially since the G1 and G2 Starscream toys weren't very good(tiny crappy black little heads).

The classics line is great if only for it being, along with Alternators, what the movie should have been like, design-wise. Save Transmetal reinventions for some new CGI cartoon.