Post your collection

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Figured this was as good a place as any to make a picture request without creating a new thread...

Has anybody got (can anybody take) pics of the Combiner Wars stuff alongside some Masterpiece items?

Primarily looking to see how the torso-bots and limb characters stack up size-wise against the Autobot cars / Decepticon jets / whatever. A combined form alongside something like a Fanstoys Dinobot would be nice as well, but I'm mostly after a rough idea of how the individual robots scale with the MPs.

I've tried searching through the interwebs images and sitting through Youtube reviews, but everybody seems to think that the only comparison someone would care about is how they look alongside members of the same subgroup or other Combiner Wars toys. "And as you can see, Silverbolt in robot mode is pretty much the same size as Hotspot, which is a twist I didn't see coming. Let's see how Air Raid compares to Rook."

Thanks folks.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Heresy! You can't mix toylines like that! :mad:

I can take some pics tonight after the baby goes to sleep if nobody else has by then, though I don't have any MP Seekers for comparison (Grimlock and Soundwave are essentially the same size though).

The limbs actually size pretty nicely with the cars if you're looking to match the G1 toy scale, but the torsos don't (they'd need to be Leader class to pull that off).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hopefully my quick pick will give you an idea. As you can see, Hot Spot is about a head taller than Prowl, and First Aid looms over Bumblebee in a completely comical way. I can't do a jet or a combined mode pic, but if you'd like to see them against one of the other MP cars (I think I've got one of each mold) let me know.

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 1860902912
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Deluxes don't look ridiculous next to MP cars but FT size figures (like larger MPs) are too big really. Combined CW aren't much bigger than them.

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Okay, so limb-bots are a bit shorter than the MP cars, while the torso bots are bit bigger than them. That's working for me.

So I'm thinking that Hotspot's about halfway between Prowl and MP-10 then? Probably around the same size as Starscream or Fanstoys' Perceptor. While the MP cars come upto about crotch-height on the combined mode.

Excellent info. Cheers guys, gives me pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Will just need to group characters strategically...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The MP jets and Soundwave more-or-less work in the back of a display.

As far as modern voyagers go, Cyclonus or Brainstorm towering over Wheeljack a bit fits. That not-Scrapper is basically the same height as Wheeljack.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So I've ordered the Unité Warriah Aerialbot set from TFS. Component robots should fit in nicely on my season 2/3 Autobot shelf.

Currently fighting the urge to buy the available Warbotron Technobots. Must resist.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:
Currently fighting the urge to buy the available Warbotron Technobots. Must resist.
I would resist. I've got their combaticon set and, Swindle aside, they're ultimately kind of a slap dash effort. Not much interested in further warbot Ron stuff.

The untie warriors Superion is good stuff, though.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:I would resist. I've got their combaticon set and, Swindle aside, they're ultimately kind of a slap dash effort. Not much interested in further warbot Ron stuff.
Yeah I've been watching some video reviews and they seem a really mixed bag so far. Either overcomplicated fiddly transformations (Lightspeed) or just bizarrely designed ("oh shit we forgot Nosecone's drill, just wack it on there"), but the combined mode looks to be about the same size as Unique Toys' Abominus, so they'd pair up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIk2GhiWjDQ

Plus there are just enough variations in design and colour scheme from the originals that I want to see if I can make Warcry have a complete breakdown by posting photos. :o

Not keen on their Combaticons at all, though. Brawl and Swindle look ace, but the other three and the combined mode do nothing for me. Hopefully TT will pull something spectacular out of the bag with the UW version.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

ANYWAY WHO WANTS SOME PICTURES?

Apologies for the image quality - they were taken at uncomfortable proximity at an awkward height with a cameraphone by an idiot.

http://i.imgur.com/leY489d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eMnEKtM.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nice! Which Brawn is that?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Plus there are just enough variations in design and colour scheme from the originals that I want to see if I can make Warcry have a complete breakdown by posting photos. :o
The Cutthroat in Denyer's pics beat you too it. My hands only just stopped shaking... :(
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:ANYWAY WHO WANTS SOME PICTURES?
Are my eyes playing tricks, or are Reflector and the Insecticons taller than the Autobot cars?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Nice! Which Brawn is that?
Badcube's Brawny. He's cool. Nice and sturdy (apart from the roof hanging off his back). Whenever I walk past I'm convinced he's about to chin me.
Warcry wrote:Are my eyes playing tricks, or are Reflector and the Insecticons taller than the Autobot cars?
Your eyes do deceive you (and probably my photography "skillz"), but not by as much as you'd think. Reflector's a bit smaller than your average Autobot car, with the bugs coming upto about level with Reflector's mouth.

Obviously both trios are a bit bigger than I'd like them to be, but they work in scale with the other Decepticons so I think it's just another instance of the Autobot cars being a bit too small in robot mode.

http://i.imgur.com/HyELbNy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eSJDFo9.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's impressive there's so much stuff that looks like it stepped straight out of the cartoon by this point.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That Huffer actually looks really nice - who makes that?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Think it's XTB Krank.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

numbat wrote:That Huffer actually looks really nice - who makes that?
X-Transbots. It looks better than it is (plastic isn't great quality, joints are loose), but it works alright as background filler.

I got their Pipes at the same time and his shoulders don't even fit the ball joints properly, so I can't really recommend either version of the mould in good conscience. QC roulette. I think Cubex's Huffer looks better, but obviously that's got its own issues too.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Yeah I've been watching some video reviews and they seem a really mixed bag so far. Either overcomplicated fiddly transformations (Lightspeed) or just bizarrely designed ("oh shit we forgot Nosecone's drill, just wack it on there"), but the combined mode looks to be about the same size as Unique Toys' Abominus, so they'd pair up nicely.
See, I like Quantron being smaller than Ordin as it clicks together thematically for me better that way. The Technobots use their intelligence and forethought (to a fault) to use technology to fight, whereas their foils the Terrorcons are more about raving, brute strength and physicality, partially due to their larger size. Of course, some of that bias comes from the animal combiners being larger to begin with (Predaking chiefly along with Piranacon, Monstructor maybe not so much), but in my head I've always regarded the combiners as slightly different sizes anyway.

Anyway, what set of Insecticons are those? They look lovely.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:See, I like Quantron being smaller than Ordin as it clicks together thematically for me better that way.
All makes sense. Personally so long as they're comparable to their "counterpart" then I'm happy.
Anyway, what set of Insecticons are those? They look lovely.
Badcube. :) They're really nice. The transformations are a bit fiddly and there are a few niggles (Shrapnel's head is on a balljoint that's rendered useless by the clips for his antennae, stuff like that), but they feel really solid and they look ace.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

That's a Skywarp I don't have. Tell me where you live so I can steal it...

Or tell me where you got it from so I can buy it (which seems infinitely less fun)