POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

My wife won't buy Transformers for me, but that's only because I'm really good at finding them on the cheap compared to her... otherwise, she's a gamer geek as well, so most of my purchases are forgiven. (It helps that I don't spend thousands of dollars a pop on the hobbies and often look to share with my girls as well.)

That said, two cheapie purchases today, totalling under $20.

RID Blue Sideburn. I forgot how finicky a bastard Sideburn really is, with many panels that need to pop in vehicle mode, making his transformation a bit more difficult than it really needs to be. I knew he was a shellformer, but had forgotten just how bad of one he is, with just about every piece of car mode strapped on to robot bits rather than becoming the robot bits. On the other hand, this is a really nice vehicle mode and it looks just fine next to all the classics Autobot figures. Really hard to go wrong for the price.

Armada Demolishor. Kind of the direct opposite of above. For some reason, Demolishor was one of two Armada toys that ever really called to me (Tidal Wave being the other). He's chunky, to be sure, and shares some of that 'oversized' detailing issue that the earlier Armada toys suffered from, but it's still one of the best of the line. Posability in robot mode is pretty much crap, due to the transformation, and the 'cost-cutting' move with the minicon peg in the right arm is another downside. I can't reccomend this guy at collector's prices, but for under $10, why not?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Suggest solution for numbat, get her a baby to turn her attention away. Even better if is a boy, then you will have excuses to buy toys you want and say for him in the future. :lol:

Back to topic. On a trip to Chicago, brought back Generation Darkmount and WFC Megatron.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I as well got my Darkmount today. I got him out of the package and then proceeded to work my way through the directions. By Primus those things are not very clear, but the end result is definitely Straxus and well worth the effort.

Having grown up reading the Marvel UK Transformers comics he's an amazing addition to my collection. All I need now is for them to make Impactor and the Wreckers.

Or maybe a Deluxe sized Blaster...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Picked up Legends Long Haul and the Target 2 pack for Arcee/Tailwhip.

The Long Haul mold is a brand new mold that looks a lot nicer in all modes then the Long Haul that came with Devastator. I got him mostly on a whim because, honestly, I liked the look of him and I have a thing for the Legends class guys.

The Arcee/Tailwhip 2 pack I got for a few reasons. The first two are that I didn't have the mold Tailwhip is made from yet, and he's another Decepticon emergency vehicle. So now there is Barricade, Smoulder, and Tailwhip. The other big reason is that the Arcee is a nicer shade of pink then the original eye searing salmon color, and the gold and black accents actually look pretty decent on her.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Got in a used Hot Shot yesterday, helping recreate my damaged Classics collection. Today I managed to find one and only one Generations Red Alert, so I snagged him as well. (Again, this isn't exactly a new toy, so not going to bother going into detail here. Only downside is that it looks more like Sideswipe got a partial paint job than it does Red Alert, but that's my cartoon bias showing...)
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Finally got in WFC Optimus and Generations Drift, sadly the online store I purchased them from did not have WFC Megatron, WFC Soundwave and Darkmount in stock >.<
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I broke down and bought Gen Drift and I must say it's a great figure. Next up is Gen Dirge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

So, I walked into Target today looking for shoes for a project and walked out with Hailstorm and no shoes. >.<

His elbow joints are...odd to say the least, and if you put his head all the way up it makes the torso look funny. Buy lowering it a little it gives him a much more ogre-like appearance.

Over all he's a nice figure if you can get past the arms looking a tag odd. The proportions are inhuman. Long upper arms, short forearms, the hands hanging well below the knee and the legs being much shorter then the arms. Over all, he looks like a brute with a lot of firepower.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Thunderwave wrote:So, I walked into Target today looking for shoes for a project and walked out with Hailstorm and no shoes. >.<
They let you trade your shoes for a Transformer? My Target frowns when I go barefoot in it.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got Generations WFC Megatron, Darkmount, and Red Alert at Walmart. Megatron's pretty good, Darkmount's a pain in the ass to transform, and the battle mode is useless shit. I guess the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Red Alert/Punch/Counterpunch mould has seen better days. My Red Alert isn't quite right, especially in car mode. The legs won't fit together, so the back's always split.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I also have WFC Megatron and Generations Darkmount/Straxus, which I got last Sunday. I'm also considering getting HFTD Hailstorm and Elita-1.
Destruction is my specialty
Clay

Post by Clay »

Picked up the Rampage Ruin TRU set yesterday, thus bringing up to par my collection of deluxe Bumblebee variants. All three toys in the set actually look pretty nice - there's an attempt at detailing and dirt-ifying usually not present.

Also saw Generations Red Alert, Soundwave, Megatron, etc. in the store. The video game toys look alright enough, but I can't help but think that they'll be simple to get for $3 a piece in a year when no one cares about the game, so I'll wait.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Clay wrote:Also saw Generations Red Alert, Soundwave, Megatron, etc. in the store. The video game toys look alright enough, but I can't help but think that they'll be simple to get for $3 a piece in a year when no one cares about the game, so I'll wait.

:O

So they ARE in the area.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

All right, MP Grimlock has arrived earlier than the estimate! Found one on Amazon.com. Also got a WFC Soundwave at Walmart.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

burnitall wrote:Also got a WFC Soundwave at Walmart.
:rant: I've been looking for him but not yet seeing him. Don't want to go online shopping yet.

BTW, got classics Prowl to replace my original completely damaged one after repaint. Also got Sunstreaker so Sideswipe now has a "brother".
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Well, I got the "Challenge at Cybertron" three-pack today, featuring 'anime deco' versions of Cyclonus, Galvatron, and Hot Rod. In short, just avoid this pack. There are numerous specific problems with all three figures, but, on the whole, it's like it was made from a really bad knock-off factory rather than a real Takara product.

Cyclonus. This is easily the best of the three figures, but it's sadly a very low bar to set. Cyclonus's colors are more subdued, but both modes lack detail that helped the Universe version stand out. The worst offender is that the forward 'pitot' tube was stuck in the nose assembly and required pliers to get out. The whole piece was floppy and loose, with terrible tolerances.

Hot Rod. While the robot mode is nice looking, there are a few issues here as well, with the most notable offender being the far too subtle change between the flames on the hood and the orange chest. Worse, the paint from the window assembly had smeared and stuck on the yellow spoiler, leaving a notable mar in both modes. Joints are loose as well, but not as bad as Cyclonus.

Galvatron. This toy was pretty much shit when it was first released. Now, take that mold, with all its faults, and completely dispense with tolerances and quality control. Pieces do not line up, the arms are even more prone to falling off. And, sadly, when you're done, you get a white tank with no detailing on it what-so-ever. Robot mode is passable, so leave him in that if you make the mistake of getting this figure.

An atrocious three-pack, marred by awful quality control more than anything else. Really, this one's an embarassment, Takara. Hopefully these issues will be fixed for the Hasbro versions coming up.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

My challenge for Cybertron pack is the Hasbro release and the figures are exactly how you describe them apart from my Rodimus figure didnt have smeared paint. I have to virtually disassemble my Cyclonus and reassemble him to get everything as it should be. Not bothered with Galvatron as everything I try doesnt make the figures joints tight. As of now Galvatron is standing leaning forward as if he's a huntchback.

Arrived today is WFC Megatron from my local Toys R Us. Looks like wave 2 of Generations is now available in the UK :)
Have just bought WFC Soundwave from an online store as well.

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TFVanguard wrote:it's like it was made from a really bad knock-off factory rather than a real Takara product.
Takara is a really bad knock-off factory. Quality control is just something that happens to other companies - pretty much the entire Encore series suffers from these sort of problems, and they managed to destry most of the Binaltech moulds too.

You have to seriously wonder what's happening to the moulds when Bandai can keep something like the Lightan figures viable for 25 years and yet Classics moulds are worn out with less than 5 (well, less than that if they've ****ed the Universe Lambo too).
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Rookwise wrote:Arrived today is WFC Megatron from my local Toys R Us. Looks like wave 2 of Generations is now available in the UK :)
Have just bought WFC Soundwave from an online store as well.
Interesting! There are no wave 2 figures on the TRU website yet. Did you see any other wave 2'ers on your figure foray?
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Takara is a really bad knock-off factory. Quality control is just something that happens to other companies - pretty much the entire Encore series suffers from these sort of problems, and they managed to destry most of the Binaltech moulds too.

You have to seriously wonder what's happening to the moulds when Bandai can keep something like the Lightan figures viable for 25 years and yet Classics moulds are worn out with less than 5 (well, less than that if they've ****ed the Universe Lambo too).
Takara is too big to fail.