POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Clay wrote:Tankor is neat, but too brightly colored to match his show model. He's also an incredibly niche product now... are people really clamoring for Beast Machine updates?
Hasbro might be trying to include all the subgroups/shows/continuities/whatever in the Generations line at least once. Tankor might just be the Beast Machines representative. I was similarly baffled by Armada Starscream and the Minicon combiner (was anyone calling for either? wouldn't characters like Brawn, a Sharkticon or Broadside more amuse the unwashed masses?), but upon further review, that's a whole series and a whole subgroup checked off the list, sort of like how Sky-Byte can represent RID. Have we seen any toys from Energon or Cybertron? Does Hot Shot count? I cannot think of other lines that have been excluded.
numbat wrote:Silver Knight Prime? Again I ask - what's the deal with all these random white and grey and red redecos of Primes in all AoE lines? You'd think Prime spent major screentime looking like this or that it was pivotal to the plot for Hasbro to try to shift what is an extremely bland colourscheme on their lead character.
I have asked this question multiple times on multiple boards and have yet to receive a satisfactory answer. If it were "battle damage" or "rusty" Optimus getting thrown into every single sub-line 55 times, I could understand, since that was the justification for the inexplicably not-at-all-damaged-but-still-a-fantastic-toy Evasion Mode Voyager Prime, but no. "Silver Knight" Prime is all shiny and gaudy in every incarnation, and I don't understand why. I can't make heads or tails of it. I especially love the fact that one of the numbered toys in the 30/30 Anniversary line is not only Silver Knight Prime, but SMASH AND CHANGE SILVER KNIGHT PRIME WHAT THE **** PEOPLE YOU MADE ME BUY THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE ALL 30 BUT WE'LL BOTH REGRET THIS FIVE YEARS FROM NOW AND I'M GOING TO GO HAVE SOME HAAGEN DAZS TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER EVEN THOUGH IT'S 8 AM BUT I EARNED THIS SO SHUT UP
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Opened my Silver Knight Prime and Grimlock after work this morning. Just so much chrome.

Vin is right, gaudy is the defining trait of his colour scheme but for me that just gives the set amazing kitsch and camp value and I love that. "Look at this gaudy crap, I must have it!" is normally something I say of older toys.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Vin Ghostal wrote:

I have asked this question multiple times on multiple boards and have yet to receive a satisfactory answer. If it were "battle damage" or "rusty" Optimus getting thrown into every single sub-line 55 times, I could understand, since that was the justification for the inexplicably not-at-all-damaged-but-still-a-fantastic-toy Evasion Mode Voyager Prime, but no. "Silver Knight" Prime is all shiny and gaudy in every incarnation, and I don't understand why. I can't make heads or tails of it. I especially love the fact that one of the numbered toys in the 30/30 Anniversary line is not only Silver Knight Prime, but SMASH AND CHANGE SILVER KNIGHT PRIME WHAT THE **** PEOPLE YOU MADE ME BUY THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE ALL 30 BUT WE'LL BOTH REGRET THIS FIVE YEARS FROM NOW AND I'M GOING TO GO HAVE SOME HAAGEN DAZS TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER EVEN THOUGH IT'S 8 AM BUT I EARNED THIS SO SHUT UP
Lol.

Can't dig it up as I'm on my phone, but the silver Knight stuff comes from early concept work as a powered up version of prime for the finale. Didn't make it to the movie, but I guess that the toys were already planned.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Lol.

Can't dig it up as I'm on my phone, but the silver Knight stuff comes from early concept work as a powered up version of prime for the finale. Didn't make it to the movie, but I guess that the toys were already planned.
Please link it later - I'm really interested in seeing it!

Yeah, gaudy gaudy gaudy, but looks flash and exclusive for it.

That said other Silver Knight Primes I saw from other sublines were just plain grey, which surely doesn't draw the kids in.

Didn't Hasbro make the AoE Dinobots all colourful to improve sales with kids? Yet the actual movie CGI Dinobots are more colourful than most if the versions of a Silver Knight Prime. I just don't get Hasbro.

(Also - where's Generations AoE Deluxe Stinger?!?! Screw Silver Fox Prime, we need more Decepticons and it's not like there's a shortage of them in AoE!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have two Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jets! Because modern transformers are rubbish and these are AWESOME!!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:I have two Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jets! Because modern transformers are rubbish and these are AWESOME!!!!
I applaud your taste, good sir!

Do you own any versions of the mold? Because if you like it, you really should check out Universe Skywarp.
numbat wrote:That said other Silver Knight Primes I saw from other sublines were just plain grey, which surely doesn't draw the kids in.

Didn't Hasbro make the AoE Dinobots all colourful to improve sales with kids? Yet the actual movie CGI Dinobots are more colourful than most if the versions of a Silver Knight Prime. I just don't get Hasbro.
I'd wager it's a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, rather than some sort of overly-complicated, incomprehensible scheme that only the Hasbro marketing wonks can understand.
numbat wrote:(Also - where's Generations AoE Deluxe Stinger?!?! Screw Silver Fox Prime, we need more Decepticons and it's not like there's a shortage of them in AoE!)
Speculation is that they couldn't get a license to make the car that Stinger turns into.

Which is just silly, in my opinion. Why are they negotiating toy rights separately instead of it being part of the contract that lets them use the car in the movie?
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:Please link it later - I'm really interested in seeing it!
Here we go: http://joshnizzi.com/tf4.html

They're labelled "Optimus Prime Power Up" and "Optimus Knight". Glad they abandoned the idea... changing the paint is really nothing compared to riding a giant robot t-rex!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Thanks Clay! I agree, riding a giant robot T-Rex is much better.
Warcry wrote: Speculation is that they couldn't get a license to make the car that Stinger turns into.
That didn't stop them making ROTF Sideways...

Seems a shame to not have a Stinger with a generic supercar more given Deluxe Bumblebee was clearly designed to be reshelled as his Decepticon counterpart.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Warcry wrote:I applaud your taste, good sir!Do you own any versions of the mold? Because if you like it, you really should check out Universe Skywarp.
I've been after a couple of these for ages to go with Jetstorm (I does like the occasional army-builder) so I am really pleased to have landed a pair of the fellows.

I used to own the Skywarp repaint, but I dunno, it just didn't quite work for me. I think its because the mould is too idiosyncratic to be passed off as anyone else. I kind of like the RiD Storm Jet repaint, but the Beast Machines blues are where its at for me :swirly:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Not really MY newest acquisition...but still

My friend came over and I gave her the IDW Bumblebee I got her as a gift. So we opened him up and toyed a little.

I thought he'd be a good entry point but he's not---for a total non-fan, even a deluxe his size and complexity is a bit too much.

Instructions were not much help at all. :lol: This makes it 2 things out of that one package with bad instructions.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Knightdramon wrote:My friend came over and I gave her the IDW Bumblebee I got her as a gift. So we opened him up and toyed a little.
You dawg, you. "...toyed a little." Uh huh. :lol:
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

RiD Dreadwind and Smokejumper ... fun for their FOURTEEN MISSILES , as Mr Thew points out http://youtu.be/IUTGqWsTzRE?list=UUP3AV ... jMzLw5TbEg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon wrote:I thought he'd be a good entry point but he's not---for a total non-fan, even a deluxe his size and complexity is a bit too much.
Out of recent stuff, I'd say Swerve or Cosmos are probably decent starters.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Through the post today I've had a leader Grimlock, which I look forward to opening (lovely mold with some odd colour choices) and a Generations Whirl which I didn't offer and can only guess is a birthday present. It arrived as a standard parcel with no wrapping or message or anything!
I like bears.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Beast Machines Spy Streak! He's ace! I love him and his crazy missile launcher / claw grabby arms! I've been after one since I saw him teasingly advertised in the old Beast Wars VHS tapes as 'Win A Beast Machines Basic Toy' (I entered and won Scavenger - so I have two of him, but that's okay as he's a drone). Lovely colours and detailing, plus a fun transformation. Robot mode is great and I am very pleased with him. Or possibly her. Hard to tell.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Only following the Senate's orders.

Clay

Post by Clay »

Nice! I wanted to grab one of the first versions, but they evaporated pretty quickly. iGear has been more poorly circulated than some of the other companies, it seems.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Regular one looks really quite nice with reprolabels to cover the windows, but still wasn't feeling it -- Primes are one area that's well served by official releases, and personally don't feel the need for anything beyond a battered original and the original MP. First black repaint I've picked up apart from a brief dabble with RID Scourge years ago. Feels well-made.

iGear = ToyWorld, then?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Gah, no... I must have conflated this one with the Faith Leader/downsized MP1 that iGear made, because that was another one that I couldn't find after the first round had passed.

Toyworld makes Hardbone, yeah? They've got good designs, but I haven't seen much of their stuff that's piqued my interest more than the Fansproject counterparts.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If anyone wants a Prime Beast Hunters Abominus still, the fact the line died a death in the UK means they're now reduced to just £5.50 at your local Tesco (probably not in the main toy aisle if my store is anything to go by but in what we call The Power Aisle, which will basically be a big wall of reduced toys in this case). That's about a quarter of what they were originally.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!