Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Lots of Official Images in this post. All credit for the photos go to Tim Formas of TFW2005. All photos are mirrorred from the same site.

Blazemaster, Deluxe
ImageImageImage

Dead End, Deluxe
ImageImageImage

Grindor, Voyager
ImageImageImage

Jolt, Deluxe
ImageImageImage

Long Haul, Voyager
ImageImageImage

Mudflap and Skids -- Ice Cream Truck Mode, Deluxe
ImageImageImage

Robot Heroes Scenes Wave 1
ImageImageImageImageImage

Robot Heroes Wave 2 Ironhide and Mixmaster
ImageImageImage
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Ha! Grindor even has the Scorponok from the Blackout toy.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Summerhayes wrote:Ha! Grindor even has the Scorponok from the Blackout toy.
Why wouldn't he? They're gang-molded.

Anyhoo:

This is ROTF Deluxe Arcee. (More)

So what the hell is this?
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... -bike.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Nevermore wrote:Why wouldn't he? They're gang-molded.

Anyhoo:

This is ROTF Deluxe Arcee. (More)

So what the hell is this?
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... -bike.html
A huge improvement?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

numbat wrote:A huge improvement?
I agree. It looks like Deluxe Arcee transformed differently to give her a bit more humanoid appearance and symmetry.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Um, I am sorry, but Arcee can't be transformed like that... The head is different, and the black knife-pod on het right arm isn't there...
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Um, I am sorry, but Arcee can't be transformed like that... The head is different, and the black knife-pod on het right arm isn't there...
They look the same to me, except in the transformation of their lower bodies. The blade simply looks retracted, and the heads look identical to me. It looks to me that whoever gave this guy that Arcee had simply removed the "excess" from her torso to get rid of the "snake" body. But then again, I'm also dead tired right now.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment but here is a link to Autobot Scout Nightbeat with a bio. If desired, I can mirror the images on this site later this evening.

Credit: Tformers.com's bwbm
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Civ, are you sure Blazemaster is a voyager? Going by the card packaging it looks like a deluxe?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tramp wrote:They look the same to me, except in the transformation of their lower bodies. The blade simply looks retracted, and the heads look identical to me. It looks to me that whoever gave this guy that Arcee had simply removed the "excess" from her torso to get rid of the "snake" body. But then again, I'm also dead tired right now.
No, I'm afraid that those figures are utterly different, despite hopes to the contrary.

Totally different canons as well as heads and, erm, everything else too.

And you'd have to do a fair bit of modding to allow the stupid snake-body to be alignable in the Deluxe, methinks. Extra pin joints, perhaps? Easiest solution probably.

But I don't care enough about the character or design to fork out on a crap toy and go to the additional expense and hassle of modding it to be passably acceptable. I wouldn't have bought the passably acceptable version, were Hasbro to correct the faults (or the elements I personally perceive as faults) themselves!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

numbat wrote:Totally different canons
Let's please not start that again.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Halfshell wrote:Let's please not start that again.
;)
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

It's exactly as I predicted: no Sideswipes to be had, but Sideways is the absolute pegwarmer to end all pegwarmers at my local Target. There must be 20 of them, at least.

Plus I found a Voyager Starscream that someone had bought, ripped out, and replaced with the Starscream from the first movie, then returned. Jackasses.

Of the toys pictured above, I'll only be picking up Long Haul. Why's Grindor white when he was clearly green in the movie?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Vin Ghostal wrote:It's exactly as I predicted: no Sideswipes to be had, but Sideways is the absolute pegwarmer to end all pegwarmers at my local Target. There must be 20 of them, at least.
Does Sideways come with unique "splits in half down the middle after being transformed back once" action?
Why's Grindor white when he was clearly green in the movie?
Thought he was a pale blue myself.

I'd guess because Blackout's toy was a pale blue and the only way to get distinctly paler was to be white.

Plus the Springer toy is green. A green chopper on each side would probably confuse the humanoids.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Vin Ghostal wrote:It's exactly as I predicted: no Sideswipes to be had, but Sideways is the absolute pegwarmer to end all pegwarmers at my local Target. There must be 20 of them, at least.

Plus I found a Voyager Starscream that someone had bought, ripped out, and replaced with the Starscream from the first movie, then returned. Jackasses.

Of the toys pictured above, I'll only be picking up Long Haul. Why's Grindor white when he was clearly green in the movie?
Yeah, I'm with Halfshell - I'm pretty sure 'Grindor' is pale blue.

Around my way, Sideswipes seem to be the peg warmers, along with a good dose of preview Bumblebees. Sideways seems to either be selling fine, or not included in large quantities in local shipments. Rampage is hardly to be seen though, and Breakaway is not so common.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I wonder if Hasbro will put these figures out with extra paint apps at a later date like they did with the first movie? I'd really like to have the icecream Twins, but they are missing the "suck my popsicle" paint apps. :nonono:
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ackula wrote:I wonder if Hasbro will put these figures out with extra paint apps at a later date like they did with the first movie? I'd really like to have the icecream Twins, but they are missing the "suck my popsicle" paint apps. :nonono:
I would think that it is relatively unlikely that Hasbro would release a figure aimed at 5 years olds with that stamped on the side. It's one thing in a 12A film (was it PG-13 in the US? I've never checked - same idea as 12A though), but another for wee kiddies, I would hope!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Ackula wrote:I wonder if Hasbro will put these figures out with extra paint apps at a later date like they did with the first movie? I'd really like to have the icecream Twins, but they are missing the "suck my popsicle" paint apps. :nonono:
possibly have a word with reprolabels.com?

anhoo, its good to see the third arcee bike, though the color seems a bit off (ie the same as the arcee-arcee bike), but that could be the photography i suppose.

given that she has legs (kinda), any thoughts on how the others might combine with her (without using the word 'slotflap' which makes me giggle uncontrollably)?

also, i'd note that shes different again than the purple early test-design picture that was shown a few weeks ago. that one had a similar sideways-on uni-wheel, but the second wheel was the left hand/fist (kinda barricade style). and as mentioned, it was purple.

looking forwards to someonepeaugh getting hold of one of these and having a go combining them.
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's a new Arcee toy, not the third bike.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Clay wrote:It's a new Arcee toy, not the third bike.
ahhh.. the 'human alliance skids' one perhaps (cant immediately find the back-of-boxshots to compare)?

EDIT: apparently not...

edity edit: sod it, im not farting around with image hosting if i need to tell them the color of my undercrackers to get an account. look for yourselves here (the boxart, not my undercrackers*)

this one looks kinda like a simplified chromia, in term of transformation.

the mystery deepens kids. wheres the mystery machine when you need it?

*sky blue, obviously. purple and black is fly-warp... *tumbleweed & silence*