"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Detective Barricade wrote:He's a cute little doctor, though I don't think I'd want him working on me
"Need more parts . . . KEEEEEEL THE LITTLE ONE!"

Yeah. I can't wait to pick him up.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Mixmaster is a f***ing mess.
The best thing about leader Megatron is that he can sort of flip people off.
Ravage, he's cool looking, though I have no use for re-entry mode.
Skids and Mudflap are OK now that I know you have to force the roof to get everything in order. For twins, Skids is a goofy looking gremlin, while Mudflap is just plain pig-dog ugly.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Only picked up the Whirl/Bludgeon repaint pack of ROTF. I think some of the toys look better than the last movie, but am still not super impressed.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Dagnabbit! Look what you people've got me doing now. I just bought Demolishor! Now, before you get any crazy ideas, I don't know if I'll actually open him or just use him for sell/trade fodder. He was on clearance at Kmart (why?) for $10. I don't actually have him in hand since it was a friend who called and picked him up for me.

Stupid peer pressure.:nonono:

Edit: Double dagnabbit, I put this in the wrong thread! cf "Newest Acquisitions"
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I like Mixmaster's alt and robot modes. 'Artillery mode' is undeserving of being called a third mode.

Dead End/Detour's got a creepy little robot mode. A pain to get back into car mode... Anyone tried to fix his chest so that it can fold down completely yet?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Notabot wrote:Dagnabbit! Look what you people've got me doing now. I just bought Demolishor! Now, before you get any crazy ideas, I don't know if I'll actually open him or just use him for sell/trade fodder. He was on clearance at Kmart (why?) for $10. I don't actually have him in hand since it was a friend who called and picked him up for me.

Stupid peer pressure.:nonono:

Edit: Double dagnabbit, I put this in the wrong thread! cf "Newest Acquisitions"
Wow! That's an achievement!

:lol:

I hope you enjoy him! He's great fun! Look forward to your opinion!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Sure you are, now that it might be the same as yours. :)
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I noticed that the Decepticon logo on voyager Megatron's right hip is easily scratchable. I thought: Hey, let's give it some wear and tear like Megs has been in some tough battles. So I ever so slightly grated my finger nail over it and it came out nice.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Mixmaster is bitchin'.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Notabot wrote:Sure you are, now that it might be the same as yours. :)
I hope you do like him half as much as I do, but you are entitled to whatever opinion you like - that's what keeps things interesting in this world!

:swirly:

And my opinions are not always popular - after all, I do thoroughly enjoy Cybertron Menasor, and am an ardent collector of Legends Class figures!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

You know why so many ROTFs have no legs? Because Hasbro used the entire joint budget on Mixmaster! My goodness that fellow's got a plethora of movement points! It would be horribly frustrating if it didn't work so well, but as it is, it's awesome. I'm just impressed with how well it goes together without being too horribly fiddly. And he kind of gives off a General Grievous vibe somehow.
Detective Barricade

Soundwave has a ton of joints as well. His satellite mode is kind of neat, though I use the 'space cruiser' mode for the satellite. The trouble is, not much locks in place in this mode so it's hard to tell when you're there.

Demolishor is interesting. He's not as easy as his robot mode suggests he'd be. And he's great next to Rampage and Mixmaster, and soon Long Haul.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I just watched the film again last night, and I'm now wondering why Rampage is yellow when he's clearly red in the film. Strange. Maybe red bulldozers seem less menacing and more like Thomas the Tank engine. (Now there's some crossover potential!)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

My guess would be that the movie design team showed Rampage to Hasbro at a point where he was initially yellow, but by the time they changed it to red it was too late to stop the toy production (maybe they had already begun producing the figure). My guess is the premium version will be red.

Picked up Scalpel about a week or two ago. Keep looking at him and thinking "Keeeel the little one!" :lol: I like him. Creepy little bug mad scientist/doctor. :)
Detective Barricade

I think they've got enough molds that there won't be a need for a Premium Series. Rampage's color in the movie was probably to distinguish him from Bumblebee.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Detective Barricade wrote:I think they've got enough molds that there won't be a need for a Premium Series. Rampage's color in the movie was probably to distinguish him from Bumblebee.
That didn't stop them from making a premium series in the last movie.

I mean aside from BB haveing a new head was there any difference between most premium figures and their original release aside from paint apps being slightly closer to the movie, but you wouldn't really notice or care as it's 99.9999999999999999999% the same?

Plus it gives them a way to release these core characters again later in the line in case any kid missed out before and really wants that character. That was about the only reason that struck me as not being silly about it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ooh, I missed this thread. For my opinions on LoC Grindor, Ransack, Skids, Chromia, Demolishor, Dirt Boss, Rollbar, Detour, Soundwave and Wheelie, read my reviews. Go, scum!

As for the others, here goes...

Rampage: I love him. Due to the fact that he's a Constructicon, he has the cute pogo stick/centaur robot modes, and I love Rampage as a name. The whips are cool, but while the concept was amazing (I particularly loved his movie counterpart) it was poorly executed. For one, the pogo sticking is unstable and needs hand support, and, seriously... if they want to do a pogo stick, do a pogo stick. If they want to do a centaur, do a centaur. Do both, and you get a half-arsed toy. Still, he's cool. 5/10

Scalpel: Scalpel is pretty cute, and I love him. While fragile (those legs, and I'm worried of the antenna snapping off. His mandibles are fragile too. His microscope isn't exactly show-accurate, and there's too much purple. Still, he's a fun toy. 7/10.

LoC Jetfire: A charming little toy, and I'm planning on getting Prime next to complement him. The cockpit kibble is a bit annoying, though. 6/10
Detective Barricade

Well you know what Scalpel has to say about you, Blackjack.;)

Hasbro said they weren't doing a Premium Series this time around, and most of them already have a pretty 'Premium-esque' paint job in vehicle, especially Sideswipe. But you never know!:swirly:

Back on topic, Chromia is... interesting. I'm almost tempted to bet ten bucks that we get the third bike only to find the combining gimmick was abandoned. Although, her cannon arm looks just right to be a weapon arm for a larger figure...

Human Alliance Bumblebee. Short version: everything good you've heard about this figure is TRUE. Sam is surprisingly articulated for a little throw-in, though is a pain in the butt trying to fit in the back in robot mode. Also, he's got the worst case of dull surprise I've ever seen!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Ramjet is surprisingly nice.

If you get a good one, the Movie 1 Starscream mold is very fun.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

After some time fiddling with Scalpel, I've decided he's.... AWESOME!!! Very unique in both microscope and robot modes. He's got a cool little 'crab' vibe going on in robot mode; creepy claw legs and two little arms for working on things. The alt mode is just different but in a good way, as most everything else transforms into a vehicle of some sort. Plus, I'm a scientist myself, so a microscope is quite cool. Highly recommended to anyone with a spare ~$8 to spend... :up: