"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
saddestmoon
Protoform

Post by saddestmoon »

borg72 wrote:whats the problem you're having? do you mean the instructions are too vague, or that joints are too tight or too looe?

to be honest, both the altmodes are a total guess anyway; nothing actually tabs in anywhere, and there are hinges and balljoints galore. every pic i've seen of him in satelite mode has him configured differently. Mrs B actually likes this idea, as it encourages creativity and imagination in kids, but dammit, i just want a stable alt mode...
The joints aren't too tight or too loose - its a mixture of the instructions not being the most clear, his jet-mode (or what I approximated as his jet-mode, based on the cardback image) being hard to configure, and also hard to retain, once achieved. And yes - I would absolutely love him to have a solid/stable alt-mode, that doesn't lose shape when I pick him up.

Granted - I'll admit to not being the fastest mode changer, but this one took me a considerable amount of time to achieve. Maybe I've just lost 'the touch'...

;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ravage. Pretty awesome. Reentry mode is easy enough to transform, but a bit of a farce. It's all right though since I just bought him for the cat mode.

Voyager Fallen. Pretty cool. Jet mode looks decent and the robot mode looks a lot like the movie version.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Chromia is easy to transform. The instructions however show you one way while the box shows a different one. It took me awhile to get her down only because of this discrepancy. The Stand/Assault cannons are cool. The missile makes me wish I could find some way to have it light up, being that the end of it looks like a little lightbulb. I've found that she dosn't seem to like to go into either mode very well, mainly her chest won't stay together in bot mode, and it's somewhat tricky to get her gun arm to go into place in cycle mode.

She's also quite bulky in cycle mode.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. I had to trim the large peg a bit ssince it's too big for the hole it goes into. When you get that fixed she's quite a beautiful figure. :up: Can't wait for the other bikes.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Got Mudflap, he is great and stands up on his own, a first for the ROTF figures i've got so far. I'd say hes a buy and he looks nice beside of skids too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Broke down and picked up Sideswipe since they had the coupons at target, and I figured why not? I'll save more, and I was going to buy the mold when they did Swerve anyway. Now I don't have to. Really cool figure. Can see why there are so many grievances about the feet. Have to get the heels level with the wheel in the foot to get him stable enough to stand. Once you do he's pretty badass. Can't really do action poses though.

Demolisher-Really cool figure. Wasn't sure if I wanted to buy him before because he looked extremely simple, but today he was pretty much one of few that I didn't have but was curious about. Like the weird robot mode. Reminds me a lot of BM Thrust's bike mode.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Shame he got snuffed out in the first ten minutes of the movie . . .
EDIT: Makes me hope they surprize us with Hightower and Scrapper even though they didn't exist outside of Devestator in the movie like the other four did. I have Rampage and Demolisher, and I plan to get Mixmaster and Long Haul. Would be sweet to see robot modes for those two.
numbat

Post by numbat »

OK...

So, after all my harping, I have just brought home a Leader Class Megatron...

Thing is, I really want a Megs to kick my Leader Optimus's ass, and display together, and I saw Megatron posed in a window, and he was actually mighty impressive in robot mode. Plus I did well with some recent eBay sales.

And, out of the box, he is excellent - far better robot mode than the first movie Megs, and very poseable (bar that canon arm - such a shame the elbow joint was missed out). No kibble either. Massive too - towers over his 2007 movie incarnation and Leader Brawl.

However...

His tank mode is ok... From the front. Big, though. Shame about the sides - they're very open and he looks far too tall. Really great from the front though. Love the way they matched the head position and guard - looks like a spider's chelicerae! Great!

Whereas people have moaned that he doesn't have his wings, this is fair enough, as in the film he has a terrestrial tank mode, with the wings folded up as armour plates over the treads, and a flying mode, with these plates unfolded. Why a Leader Class figure can't do both, I have no idea...

And the transformation, while fairly simple, is a bit of a bugger - mine takes more force than is reasonable for an adult for the left hand treads, let alone a child. Perhaps I'm just lucky. Still, less awkward than the 2007 movie transformation.

So, I think his fate is perhaps something of a glorified Action Master.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well I think this thread was for opinions of the toys, but I might be wrong. So I will post my opinion. I finally bought a ROTF toy tonight, seeing as they were on sale at Target. I got Skids, because I like his character and his alt mode, and the fact that he is causing race riots in the fandom.

I'm quite impressed with this toy honestly, its like a little Alternator! Very complex transformation for something so small, and not too fidgety to be painful either, pretty intuitive transformation after the first go at it. No pesky automorph to screw up the toy either, a big thumbs up from me! :up:
numbat

Post by numbat »

Pun-3X wrote:You can see in the boat shot there's only one Rampage, plus while Rampage is in that last shot, you see Megs with his treadlegs already installed. Not sure to the confusion.
Aye.

I had thought that we miss a lot of the repair process, and that Scrapper (or whoever you like) was killed when they ran out of appropriate viable parts from, erm, by the looks of it Brawlestator.

And I'm sure there was a crane with a Decepticon insignia on the boat. But, I could be wrong, and it makes no difference. How much of that film made sense or had any form of decent continuity going on?

Now, on to toys... I've been playing around with my Leader Megs this morning, and am really liking him. I have his transformation down now (aha - that took one go!), and like I said before, the tank mode looks great from the front and behind. The side is a bit open - it would have benefited from a few folding plates. Why he doesn't have these, I have no idea.

And the robot mode is great fun, once you remove the batteries and he stops yelling 'I am Megatron' and 'blasting' his canon at the slightest touch. It's a cool robot mode indeedy.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got my first ROTF, Human alliance Bumblebee.

Willing to support that sub-line until they make it no more. Enough said.

Love the squarish car mode, ADORE the robot mode [makes the deluxe version look like a sub par figure] as it can get into some very extreme action poses with minimal effort. I dislike the Sam figure [I do understand it's part of the gimmick of the line, but...] and almost all the uses it has on BB. Is it just me or is he a tad undersized too?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:Got my first ROTF, Human alliance Bumblebee.

Willing to support that sub-line until they make it no more. Enough said.

Love the squarish car mode, ADORE the robot mode [makes the deluxe version look like a sub par figure] as it can get into some very extreme action poses with minimal effort. I dislike the Sam figure [I do understand it's part of the gimmick of the line, but...] and almost all the uses it has on BB. Is it just me or is he a tad undersized too?
I absolutely love this figure as well!

I have fully reviewed it here: http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/rotf_bumblebee3.php

It has scales in the review, but I estimated that Bumblebee's Camaro mode is 1/26 and Sam is 1/28. So, yeah, not quite right there, but close enough. I doubt the designers are working to precise scales with anything in the line.

I haven't been so impressed with the HA Sideswipe photos though - he looks overly chunky for what was a skinny, elegant robot design.

Skids is looking good later in the year though (downside - comes with Arcee...).

:)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

numbat wrote:I absolutely love this figure as well!

I have fully reviewed it here: http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/rotf_bumblebee3.php

It has scales in the review, but I estimated that Bumblebee's Camaro mode is 1/26 and Sam is 1/28. So, yeah, not quite right there, but close enough. I doubt the designers are working to precise scales with anything in the line.

I haven't been so impressed with the HA Sideswipe photos though - he looks overly chunky for what was a skinny, elegant robot design.

Skids is looking good later in the year though (downside - comes with Arcee...).

:)
Yes, I did thoroughly read your review over three times as I was waiting for the figure to arrive. I got it on a crazy "must get something" spree and later regretted it, but now it's really the ultimate BB.

I concur on the Sideswipe issue, if it's as poseable as Bee, however, I'm willing to overlook that!

Skids does look very promising [though not accurate to his screen counterpart as the deluxe version], I'll be waiting for a Mudflap remould down the line!

Barricade I'm also eagerly anticipating, if they manage to pull off the angled chest look as well as with 'Bee it'll get the figure of the year award from me!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Mixmaster He's pretty cool in his three modes, but transforming him is a bit of a pain. Very tight transformation which causes his mixer barrel panels to pop off on a dime, but otherwise a good figure. Plus only one more Constructicon and I'll have all four. Hopefully Long Haul'll be out soon. I'd love to see Scrapper and Hightower as well, but there's been no announcement about it.

Voyager Megatron I really like him. Much cooler than 2007 megs who transformed into a . . . cybertronian . . . thing? It least this one is clearly an armored tank. Simple enough transformation. One gripe would be the mech-alive gimmick that moves the blade as you bend his right elbow, but you can move it yourself easily enough so it's not like it's jammed in one position. I really like both modes.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got Scout Class Dirt Boss.

He's a hideous piss yellow color with some copper thrown in. But he's quite simple and fun to transform. Good articulation for a scout, except for the head which dosn't move.

His bio and Alt mode match the Transformers Animated character, but the robot mode is definently movie style.

Overall a decent figure.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

RID Scourge wrote:Mixmaster He's pretty cool in his three modes, but transforming him is a bit of a pain. Very tight transformation which causes his mixer barrel panels to pop off on a dime, but otherwise a good figure. Plus only one more Constructicon and I'll have all four. Hopefully Long Haul'll be out soon. I'd love to see Scrapper and Hightower as well, but there's been no announcement about it.

Voyager Megatron I really like him. Much cooler than 2007 megs who transformed into a . . . cybertronian . . . thing? It least this one is clearly an armored tank. Simple enough transformation. One gripe would be the mech-alive gimmick that moves the blade as you bend his right elbow, but you can move it yourself easily enough so it's not like it's jammed in one position. I really like both modes.
Voyager Megatron is cool. You can also get a pretty cool Cybertronian "jet" mode out of him too. According the the comic and the Movie Universe guide, Megatron's supposed to be a triple changer, and, while not specifically designed to be, you can get that third mode out of the Voyager class figure.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tramp wrote:Voyager Megatron is cool. You can also get a pretty cool Cybertronian "jet" mode out of him too. According the the comic and the Movie Universe guide, Megatron's supposed to be a triple changer, and, while not specifically designed to be, you can get that third mode out of the Voyager class figure.
Aye - he has two tank configurations in the film, but I think it's a stretch to call that a Triple Changer. He has more armour on his terrestrial tank mode, and these plates fold out to make his flat sleek winged tank mode.

Why not even the Leader Class figure can achieve both modes, I will never understand...
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

numbat wrote:Aye - he has two tank configurations in the film, but I think it's a stretch to call that a Triple Changer. He has more armour on his terrestrial tank mode, and these plates fold out to make his flat sleek winged tank mode.

Why not even the Leader Class figure can achieve both modes, I will never understand...
What I mean is that you can actually get a full "jet" mode out of the Voyager class figure. There's a couple of different variations on it. I just finished a repaint of him and will be posting it to one of the kitbashing sites I'm on soon, so I can link picks when they're up. In the comic, he actually transforms from him 2007 movie Cybertronian jet mode to his tank mode. the Voyager class Megatron can get a pretty good Cybertronian jet by doing an alternate transformation of the arms and front stabilizer wings.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What's really funny is that the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Beast Wars Rampage's tank mode because the armor plating is kind of like a crab shell. :up:
numbat

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:What's really funny is that the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Beast Wars Rampage's tank mode because the armor plating is kind of like a crab shell. :up:
How I loved that toy... Rubber treads that hide away in claws! Brilliant! Alas, my brother seems to have misplaced him shortly after I moved out...
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

RID Scourge wrote:What's really funny is that the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Beast Wars Rampage's tank mode because the armor plating is kind of like a crab shell. :up:
Are you trying to suggest a crab battle?;)

Voyager Megs - HOLY **** is this guy awesome! Two (official) great modes, and totally puts all of the first movie Megatrons to shame. And I really, really like that his Mech Alive actually gives him a waist.

Scout Ransack - Neat biplane, creepy little robot. He certainly looks old.

Scout Scalpel - He's a cute little doctor, though I don't think I'd want him working on me. Transformation is simple enough, but it's odd. He's even got removable glasses! (not sure if they're supposed to do that...)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!