"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

numbat wrote:Why is this new addition to TF toys getting so little press / talk?
My guess is it just came out so not many places have it in stock yet. I haven't seen them myself. I might get the Sideswipe figure.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Skids: awesome figure! The one complaint I can muster up is with the instructions. They seam to show a double-jointed wind-sheild but mine is only single joined and I had to force it up to where it had i go. and he's a little hard to stand, but so are the rest of the ROTF figures.

Sideswipe: great figure but hard to stand up, swords are a meh.

Sideways: Yet again hard to stand up but an awesome alt mode is great and his back left wheel doesn't turn half the time. The purple is cool in car mode but kinda sticks out in bot mode.

Demolishor: Frickin' wicked little bugger:headbang:. If you don't pick him up your missing out.

Rampage: Very disapointed with him. I hate the crab like legs, and the shovel doesn't go anywhere it's just butt kibble(no not poo). the alt mode is fantastic ,if you can get him back to it with out chunking him at a wall. He never really gets back to it either the cab is always loose and won't snap to anywhere. The jack-hammer mode is a joke and feels tacked on. I still love him but he's the super retarded, twice removed, gay, dip-s***, brother -in-law, thats really a nice guy when you get to know him, of the ROTF figures I've goten so far. buy only if you really want him to complete something or if you just really like him.
( sorry if that offends anyone but thats how I feel about him, no hard intended:D)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Leader Prime

*prepares to be flamed off the forum*

utter utter shite. worst transform ever. took me two freaking hours to nail it, and it only barely holds together before the nose tabs pop. the truck noise sounds like a generic rumble or tank. the sodding spring loaded chest is an utter arse to slot into the forearms (though it took me an hour to find the slots). getting the chest peices out took 45mins, and was only managed by popping the grey hinge on the top (and i still have no idea how to get them in or out again without doing this).

the swords and the nose kibble on the arms spoil most of the arm poseability, the head has a very limited turn, and i'd prefer less garish grey pastic.

oh, and for anyone interested, the european voice chip drops the "I am" and he just says his name. Megatron is the same (not buying him though; as with the first, legends will suffice).

I'm sorry, but i occasionally like to play with my toys. If you like the robot mode, sure, go for it. if you're going to try and actually 'do' anything with it, its £45 for several hours of swearing and cursing...

[/rant]
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Borg, it gets easier with practice. It is rated as being a level 4 transformation though. I've got the transformation to vehicle mode down to about five minutes or so. As far as the head turning, it actually has very good rotation. The only limiter is the wire in the neck.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Hey, Prime's awesome! You just have to get used to such a complex transformation is all.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I actually don't find Leader Prime's transformation as complex as other folks. It was fairly intuitive, I thought. However, I agree with borg72, in that the difficulty lies in getting the chest to unpeg (repegging is fine) - I'm sure that's gonna snap before long. Similarly, the rear wheel rims don't fit the pegs on his back (in mine anyway).

(And, as ever, I removed the damned batteries as soon as I could - unfortunately, that involved an initial transformation to truck with constant 'Optimus Prime' coming from the bloody thing - which fairly ruined the first transformation experience! Sorted now though. He's mute from here on in!)

However, mine holds in truck mode fine, and despite minor grumbles with pegs and the blade/kibble limited arm poseability, I think he is without doubt the best Prime figure to date, and well worth full price. He and Human Alliance Bumblebee are two of the greatest figures I have ever owned!

Still - this line does not seem well suited to its target audience - i.e. children...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Detective Barricade

It's complex in just how much one has to do to go to either mode, but it gets easier the more you do it. And about the only ones really suitable for the target audience from the movie lines so far would be Scorponok, Stockade, Incinerator, the ROTF Scouts, and Ravage. The others I can't see children having the patience to get through...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Detective Barricade wrote:It's complex in just how much one has to do to go to either mode, but it gets easier the more you do it. And about the only ones really suitable for the target audience from the movie lines so far would be Scorponok, Stockade, Incinerator, the ROTF Scouts, and Ravage. The others I can't see children having the patience to get through...
I suppose - but Movie 2007 Leader Brawl involves similar jiggerypokery... Both of those Leaders are the epitome of TF figures so far. Although ROTF Prime takes the cake!

As to Movie figures suitable for kids, I'd throw in '74 Bumblebee and Deluxe Jazz as well (and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date - although Jetfire and ROTF Prime like to pop parts off...). With many of the others, the parents will be stumped, let alone the kids!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

numbat wrote:and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date
Barricade made me pay for dinner . . .
Detective Barricade

numbat wrote:I suppose - but Movie 2007 Leader Brawl involves similar jiggerypokery... Both of those Leaders are the epitome of TF figures so far. Although ROTF Prime takes the cake!

As to Movie figures suitable for kids, I'd throw in '74 Bumblebee and Deluxe Jazz as well (and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date - although Jetfire and ROTF Prime like to pop parts off...). With many of the others, the parents will be stumped, let alone the kids!
I went with mostly mainline figures, though I've yet to get any of the movie legends. (I am looking forward to Legends Devastator though!:D) I remember Classic Camaro 'Bee often having problems with the Automorph button breaking through normal use, except with the Towed to Safety set. (a UK/European exclusive, so I wouldn't know)

And I agree with Brawl and Prime!:up:

On another matter, I've seemed to have run into a problem with Sideways in that his arms sit low enough in vehicle to drag on the ground a bit...:|
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:Barricade made me pay for dinner . . .
You took that out of context.

:)

I meant the Legends figures are suitable (transformable) for kids.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Detective Barricade wrote:I remember Classic Camaro 'Bee often having problems with the Automorph button breaking through normal use, except with the Towed to Safety set. (a UK/European exclusive, so I wouldn't know)
I just got the standard release, and his Automorph is still functioning fine. Guess I was lucky!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

numbat wrote:You took that out of context.

:)

I meant the Legends figures are suitable (transformable) for kids.
Kids are too young to date, silly, and how are they going to pay? :p

Yes folks. I know what he really means . . .
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Sideswipe is real nice. A total looker, a neat transformation, and a cool robot.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Detective Barricade

Knock Out is a total knock out for the Wave 1 Scouts!:D A neat little motorcycle mode, a transformation that's familiar but throws in a few new twists, and a sweet looking robot! The side panels do like to pop off however...

Breakaway is quirky but neat. His colors work surprisingly well together, and both modes are quite solid.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

The Fallen is pretty neat. The spring loaded toes help with his balance in the right poses. And I'm surprised in how like Animated Shockwave, there's lots of tabs that make his vehicle mode very stable.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:I just got the standard release, and his Automorph is still functioning fine. Guess I was lucky!
Mine was in the 2 pack, and it works fine as well. Haven't had either of my two 74 BB's break yet.

I think it has a problem of breakage only if you don't press the button at the start of the transformation from car to bot.
Detective Barricade wrote:Knock Out is a total knock out for the Wave 1 Scouts!:D A neat little motorcycle mode, a transformation that's familiar but throws in a few new twists, and a sweet looking robot! The side panels do like to pop off however...
^ Agreed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Picked up Chromia at TRU, and they were having a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale so I grabbed the "Cannon Bumblebee" since I was interested in seeing how he stacks up compared to the '07 movie version.

BB is good. They basically scrapped everything except the legs which was really the only part of the transformation that didn't frustrate the hell out of me.

The rest of the figure is a VAST improvement over the old movie version. The shoulder/hood cannons are a really good feature that fold in, and doesn't get in the way either in or out.

Had a bit of trouble the first time I transformed him because I couldn't figure out how to pop up the part of the hood that I needed to pop up in order to get the front to fold down, but when I figured that out it was pretty smooth.

My one gripe would be the hands. The fingers are molded open with only the thumbs moving. Also they're molded such that they can't swivel. So his arms are pretty useless except for immitating a monkey scratching his pits or doing curls with weights. If you want him to hold a gun it's either gotta be straight-armed or if you want him to have his elbow bent it'll look like he's holding it reverse-gansta style (gangsta style involves holding the gun with the palm-down, but with bb he'd be holding it palm-up).

Griping aside I really like him. Finally a propper movie BB.

Chromia, Chromia. My dear Chromia. You break my heart. Simple enough transformation, and both modes are beautiful, but the tab that held the chest together was missing the grooves that held the pegs that were in the hole that the tab goes in (there was an impression so I knew where they went), and it was a bit long. So her chest kept popping in half. Had to cut the grooves, trim the pegs in the hole and shorten the peg a bit. During the process I sliced my thumb slightly (thankfully it's really only like a papercut. Just was using a sharp knife). That's the kinda thing that ruins an otherwise beautiful figure. Though I've been playing with her since and she holds together well enough.

The gun arm is a bit heavy so it barely supports itself, and sometimes it causes the chest to pop open when playing with it. All in all I have to give her a B- because of the peg problem, but I have a feeling she's going to earn a little extra credit in due time. Can't wait for the other two bikes so I can make the gestalt! :D
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

just got voyager Prime and it's pretty good. looks nice, has a great alt mode, transforms well. The only part I don't like is the back kibble. The front bumper and the grill have nowhere to but in his back. been better if it could have folded up or something. But it's a nice size to the rest of the bots and he looks nice with them. He's a good 8-10 inches tall and he stands up really nice:clap:. I'd say it's a buy, and a good replacement for leader prime if you don't have the money.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Sideways (dark silver version) is beautiful.

Such a great toy!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.