"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I dunno. I don't really like Rampage's pogo of doom, but I'm absolutely in love with the fact that he's a monster in robot mode. This guy's made it to the levels of renown reserved for such greats as Classics BB and TFU Cyclonus. Probably get Demolisher next.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Got the Whirl/Bludgeon two-pack today, but I have to wait until my birthday to open them. Look pretty cool.

Funko is also making some pretty sweet Transformers bobbleheads now. I saw Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and I think they had a Starscream. I got the Prime, and I'm probably going to put him in my car even though Funko's bobbleheads aren't really UV resistant.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Just got back from walmart. Bought Ransack and Sideswipe.

Ransack is a fun little biplane to fiddle with. I just couldn't wait to open him up so as soon as I got in the car I started tearing the package apart.

Still haven't opened up deluxe Sideswipe.That's how much fun Ransack is.:D
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Rollbar is a Redbull Truck. (not the actual Redbull emblem) but it's obvious.
His transformation is very easy. He looks pretty cool. His head dosn't really fit the movie line. He's sturdy.
Oh, I love ROTF Rollbar! (Personally, I don't think any of him fits into the movie line, mine's on a "mixed" TF shelf.) And you're right, he's totally a Red Bull truck. I actually showed him off to a friend who loves Red Bull, thinking he'd get a kick out of it, and he gets all retentive. "That's not a Red Bull truck. I should know!" All that. Face it, he's a Red Bull truck! I mean, the Robot Heroes Dewbot Dispensor didn't exactly have Mountain Dew logos. But we know who he's supposed to be...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Yeah, I'm still mad we didn't get a figure of Dispensor!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Have seen the Scout in the shops now. Is it me or are they smaller than those from the last movie. Maybe it's because they're packaged in mech mode?
Clay

Post by Clay »

optimusskids wrote:Have seen the Scout in the shops now. Is it me or are they smaller than those from the last movie. Maybe it's because they're packaged in mech mode?
I picked up one, and they seem to be the same size as the Real Gear figures from the first one.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wave 2 Deluxes and Wave 1 Scouts have popped out in retail, but no sign of wave 1 deluxe (I want rampage!). I was a bit miffed to see repaints this early. Smokescreen and Brawl are gonna be shelfwarmers.

I'm still waiting for Ransack....

Dead End impressed me, and Dirt Boss is actually quite nice. I found myself liking Skids as well, though I'd hoped he be blue.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

optimusskids wrote:Have seen the Scout in the shops now. Is it me or are they smaller than those from the last movie. Maybe it's because they're packaged in mech mode?
Well many of the Scouts from the first movie, except the Real Gear Robots, were repaints of Energon and Cybertron Scouts, and thus had Energon Weapons or Cyber Planet Keys to help fill out the package.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Catalyst Dragon

There's an RotF Brawl?
Detective Barricade

Catalyst Dragon wrote:There's an RotF Brawl?
Yep. ROTF Deep Desert Brawl, based on the Leader class toy's AllSpark Power repaint. Supposedly, the shoulder problem has been fixed for this version of the Deluxe.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I saw The Fallen at a Target today. Passed up on it, but I wonder if it's going to become a rarity.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I've been gone for a bit, so I guess I should catch up.

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime: Absolutely amazing. Only problems I have with the toy are the chest pieces being an absolute bitch to pop out during Transformation, and the arm poseability with the swords retracted.

ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe: I don't know what everyone is complaining about on this guy. He's sleek and badass, and I haven't had balancing issues with him.

ROTF The Fallen: Okay, ignoring his "alt mode", he's actually quite fun and has virtually zero balance issues due to the springy feet (Which I managed to play with for about 5 minutes straight before getting to the figure itself)

ROTF Ransack: You know, I sorta forgot how small scout toys were. The toy is quite lanky, but looking at his face, and for some reason I keep seeing Transmutate with a Miner's Hat. Poseability is pretty neat, arms are kind of limited, but his legs are outstanding. Plus he's a ****ing biplane.

ROTF Skids: The latest purchase, and I'm surprised at how small he is. (Apparently he's to scale with Bumblebee in both modes, so that's a plus) His transformation is very touchy, with a bunch of pieces that need to be in exact spots with no room for leeway. Great sculpt, I just wish he came with an actual weapon instead of a punching gimmick in his wanking arm.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Somehow I've neglected to talk about these guys:

Leader Optimus Prime - Just about what everyone else has said about him that's positive, apply it here.

Sideways - Nice car mode, though one of the rear wheels on mine doesn't roll so well for some reason. Robot is cool, and definitely NOT Barricade. I really like the option of where to lock his back kibble in place, it's a nice touch.

Skids - Other than the face, he's adorable! I also like just how compact his kibble is. Now to get his bro, Mudflap!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Wheelie is REALLY cool!

He's super tall, has an excellent look, and is just plain COOL.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Detective Barricade

I may just cave and get that poor, sad bot. Maybe him, Breakaway, and The Fallen...*starts planning next buys*
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Got Legends Class Springer.

Cool little guy. Reminds me alot of Incenerator from the first movie toys.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Deep Dessert Brawl. Really cool figure. They fixed the shoulder issue by giving it a longer peg and a lip on the end to lock it in place. It's a bit hard to get it in the first few times. You have to really work it, but it's not going to fall out as easily as it does on the first release.

This will be my movieverse Armorhide since he's got the same colors as cartoon RID Armorhide (as opposed to the toy which was blue [why did they do that again? :eyebrow:]) and I already have green Brawl.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm starting to come around a little on some of the designs (big shock). I just picked up Starscream yesterday, and I'm quite thrilled there. I was expecting the '07 mold but with hands. This is waaaay better. And Mech-Alive is a huge improvement over Auto-morph. Doesn't get in the way nearly as much.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Human Alliance Bumblebee is amazing!

I had no idea that this figure was so huge - I had thought the Human Alliance series was gonna be more like those scene battle sets from the first movie line.

Why is this new addition to TF toys getting so little press / talk? The figure is phenomenal - definitive Bumblebee for me - and it's nifty to be able to put a wee articulated action figure in the car!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.