"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

I've picked up quite a few over the past few weeks. Sideswipe, Sideways, Breakaway, Bumblebee, Rampage, Skids, Ravage.

Sideswipe: Awsome, simply awsome. Yeah, the foot thing about the only thing to complain about. That robot mode is just amazing though.

Sideways: Pretty good, just not as impressive as some of the others.

Breakaway: Same as Sideways. Is he in the movie or just the video game?

Rampage: This is my favorite robot mode so far! He looks freakishly evil and crazy. I love the crab legs and the whips. I just wish Hasbro would have let the constructicons combie instead of giving them all a wasted "weapon" mode.

Skids: May be my new favorite autobot. A bizzare, deformed, bright green little freak with a fun transformation. I realy like his head/face.

Ravage and bumblebee I have not opened yet.

The next figures im thinking of getting are Mudflap, Chromia, The Fallen, Mixmaster, and if I could find the damn thing I would get Soundwave. I saw him one time only, at my local comic shop for $30.

Also, has anyone picked up the new Brawl or Barricade yet? I missed them in the 07 line and was wondering how the new and old ones compared.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Dreadwing wrote:
Rampage: This is my favorite robot mode so far! He looks freakishly evil and crazy. I love the crab legs and the whips. I just wish Hasbro would have let the constructicons combie instead of giving them all a wasted "weapon" mode.
total movie spoiler explanation
SPOILER! (select to read)
the movie explains this; there are two seperate sets of otherwise identical constructicons; one set forms devastator (but never appearing in robot mode, making him a septucon? de-sept-icon?), while the other set remain uncombined and doing decepticon-y things. mixmasters artillery mode does appear (and looks pretty good on screen)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

LAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Gareth Infinity wrote:Sideswipe would be an awesome toy if I could get him to stand more often. I can't get him in any other poses than just standing there. Even mistransforming the feet doesn't help too much. So sad...

Leader Prime is cool. Love the articulation and the way some of the parts come together. Getting the arms together for truck mode pisses me off, but it takes patience. The swords are a bigger problem. Because of the arm kibble, you either have to have them only part-way in and prone to coming out on their own, or jammed in incorrectly and thus, never coming out with a push of the button. So I have to have them out all the time, pretty much.

I haven't had much time with the three Scouts I bought, so I'll get back to them later. But for the most part, they're disappointing.

What is this Sideswipe-ish problem with al you guys? Just mistransform the feet so that the front-ends of the car face,here it comes, BACKWARDS. I don't know what you guys are all talking about, but with that small modification, you'll be able to achieve two things:

1: Better looking Robot Feet

2: A stable Sideswipe, ready to be posed...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Dreadwing wrote:Rampage: This is my favorite robot mode so far! He looks freakishly evil and crazy. I love the crab legs and the whips. I just wish Hasbro would have let the constructicons combie instead of giving them all a wasted "weapon" mode.
Also, to follow on from borg72, how you'll laugh after you see the film, because (film spoiler - do not read if you don't want things, erm, spoiled!):
Ironically, Rampage is only seen in jackhammer mode - there is no indication he has the crab-leg mode! So, arguably, the tacked on mode is the four-leg robot mode! Amused me, anyway... Although the jackhammer mode is more dynamic in the film, and multi-segmented like a snake. A pogo-snake from Hell, if you will.

I'm still not getting the Constructicons though... I guess the most likely explanation is that they are a load of 'clones' - just seems so unlikely so many 'cons of the same exoskeletal type (which could easily be explained by footage in the film) would all happen to scan the same vehicle modes (which is not so easily explained). Plus, why would Rampage be red, while his Devastator counterpart is yellow, and Demolishor be white, when Scavenger is red, when all the rest of the clone Decepticons have the same colours as their, erm, clone counterparts? I can forgive Blackout / Grindor - I suppose the military grey is the standard Pave Low colour, and desert camo is likely for a Buffalo scanned in any desert (Bonecrusher / unamed Bonecrusher clone) but evil black-purple-silver cement mixers? Come on... I'm amazed they found one! (I suppose they both may have scanned the same one... :|) At this point, I would almost (well, actually, scratch the almost) welcome the explanation that Devastator is made up of seven vehicles that do not have robot modes!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Jolt actually looks like one of the better toys. Major shellformer, though.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

ok, so i had my second go at transforming prime (robot to truck)... 20 minutes and only some minor swearing. plus his chip only went off twice!

I am slowly warming up to him, if only because his robot mode is awesome.

sadly he's not in scale with any of the decpticons he fights (leader megatron aside, and both versions seem like a brick to pose), so its difficult to pose him with anyone in a fight. at least until leader starscream gets here next year.

and i am considering leader jetfire for the combined mode, though only if A) i can ge a cheap one on ebay at some point (maybe after christmas) and B) somone comes up with some kind of customisation to make it a bit more movie accurate.
numbat

Post by numbat »

borg72 wrote:ok, so i had my second go at transforming prime (robot to truck)... 20 minutes and only some minor swearing. plus his chip only went off twice!

I am slowly warming up to him, if only because his robot mode is awesome.

sadly he's not in scale with any of the decpticons he fights (leader megatron aside, and both versions seem like a brick to pose), so its difficult to pose him with anyone in a fight. at least until leader starscream gets here next year.
2007 Movie Leader Megatron can be posed fairly nicely, if you are happy to spend the time getting him there (I guess a bit like Voyager Demolishor, but without the same obvious reasons... It's those darned automorph feet that get in the way with Megs, really):

Prime doesn't take me long to do at all. And I removed his batteries as soon as I uncovered the compartment during the first transformation. However, the thing that takes the time each time, and frightens me, is the chest-piece. At least one always pops off, and I'm terrified the pegs will snap. Is there actually a safe way of doing this part?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I just picked up The Fallen yesterday, and it's awsome. Even though he's only Voyager class, he's almost as tall as Leader Optimus Prime, perfect for recreating their fight.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

numbat wrote: Prime doesn't take me long to do at all. And I removed his batteries as soon as I uncovered the compartment during the first transformation. However, the thing that takes the time each time, and frightens me, is the chest-piece. At least one always pops off, and I'm terrified the pegs will snap. Is there actually a safe way of doing this part?
kinda... if you pull at the top of the chest piece (the cab roof), you can pill the chunky grey part off from the body with relative ease. its chunky and solid enough not to warp. its the joint between the grey part and the body, not the joint between the cab roof and the grey part.

then if you twist the chest piece to the side (its either outwards or inwards), it should just unhook the offending tab from his stomach. the grey bit reattaches with ease.

some people have said theirs untabs easily, others like me cant undo it without doing this. seems to be some kind of error corrected mid-production.

edit
i may invest in the fallen. he looks cool as a figure unto himself, but the design reminds me of something i cant place from another sci-fi movie/series?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

The tabs on mine unsnap pretty easily. The trick is, after popping the window sections from the roof, lift them up so that the tabs line up just below the top of the groove they are secured in, then push the tabs in towards the center line of the torso and they should pop out.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up Legends Prime and Jetfire. Nice figures in their own right (cheap too) plus I enjoy the combined mode too, even though it's just a jet strapped to Prime's back. The Prime toy is cool since it has more articulation than I expected from a Legends class. Didn't fiddle with Jetfire much (he was mostly tacked to Prime's back) but he's pretty nifty in his own right. :up:

I only owned two Legends figures from the first movie, but these new figures seem much better than those in quality, articulation, etc...
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Wheelie is quite compact in RC Truck mode. A little tricky getting there, but neat!:up:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
numbat

Post by numbat »

ROTF Legends Megatron is a bulky wee figure. He compromises with both modes, but delivers passable robot and tank modes as a result - something neither the Voyager (decent tank, pants robot) nor Leader Class (great robot, poor tank) figures have managed, this time round.

Still, his hips are a bit weird, and his right arm is like a Cybertronian litter-picker.

A bit fiddly to transform as well - not due to complexity, the turret just needs arm pieces in place just-so.

But, I like the little fella. At least he has real silver paint!

Also items on eBay.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I just picked up the Voyager class Megatron. Origninally, i was going to go with the Leader class Megatron until I saw the movie and discovered that the Voyager class was more accurate (other than the paint job and wings). The tank mode is very movie accurate and, according to the movie guide, Megatrojn is supposed to be a triple-changer, which, I, and a few others over at TFormers discovered, you can do with the voyager class mold. Not only can he transform from tank to robot, but you can also get a pretty good "Cybertronian jet" mode out of him, similar to his alt mode form the first movie. The only thing I'm not fond of on the mold is the holes in the treads needed for transformation. I wish they could have figured out a better way to accomplish that. It would have been nice of the back pod could collapse a bit more rather than being huge wings (which is how they look best) The one thing I did do with him though is dry-brush him silver right over the grey-green. He looks really sharp now.
saddestmoon
Protoform

Post by saddestmoon »

Hey Peeps!

I picked up Soundwave the other day - talk about having difficulty getting him into his starcruiser/jet mode (Which is my favourite of the three). I must have spent roughly 40 mins approx trying to trandsform him into it! Now that I have, I'm afraid to try his other modes, as I'm uncertain that I'll be able to revert him back to jet-mode... :swirly:

Of the line thus far, he's my fav... I can't wait to get Ravage when he appears. He looks awesome!

:headbang:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Mudflap is a surprising stunner!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

The jury is still out on these. The movie designs in general are not my cup of tea.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

saddestmoon wrote:Hey Peeps!

I picked up Soundwave the other day - talk about having difficulty getting him into his starcruiser/jet mode (Which is my favourite of the three). I must have spent roughly 40 mins approx trying to trandsform him into it! Now that I have, I'm afraid to try his other modes, as I'm uncertain that I'll be able to revert him back to jet-mode... :swirly:
whats the problem you're having? do you mean the instructions are too vague, or that joints are too tight or too looe?

to be honest, both the altmodes are a total guess anyway; nothing actually tabs in anywhere, and there are hinges and balljoints galore. every pic i've seen of him in satelite mode has him configured differently. Mrs B actually likes this idea, as it encourages creativity and imagination in kids, but dammit, i just want a stable alt mode...
numbat

Post by numbat »

borg72 wrote:whats the problem you're having? do you mean the instructions are too vague, or that joints are too tight or too looe?

to be honest, both the altmodes are a total guess anyway; nothing actually tabs in anywhere, and there are hinges and balljoints galore. every pic i've seen of him in satelite mode has him configured differently. Mrs B actually likes this idea, as it encourages creativity and imagination in kids, but dammit, i just want a stable alt mode...
He shifts configurations a lot in the film, so it's probably best that way. ;)

Also items on eBay.