Annoying gimmicks

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

numbat wrote:However, although Prime is a huge improvement on his Cubist interpretation in the first line, it's hardly the figure I'd choose as an example of how great they can be!
I think I only go for Prime because he is SO MUCH better than the one for the first film
And the windows actually made his chest, which not even my voyager prime from the first film does!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Behold, I came up withanother annoying piece of gimmickry: Supercon Armada Prime's Fist Punch means in fact that he's shaking his upperbody a bit... Animated Oil Slick's weapons, and the tools of Cyb-Red alert annoy me as well. Also pretty frustrating can be: Attaching RID Ultra Magnus's gun to his body...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

My top three most hated Gimmicks

1: Cyberplanet keys.

2: Sound in figures that cause 30+ outburst while trying to transform them...Universe Powerglide, RotF Optimus Prime, and Leader class Brawl to name a few.

3: The Mechalive/automorph. Some are good. but still just one more thing that can break.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Planet keys and Minicons (as a gimmick) are the two I find most annoying. I think it's a bad idea to include a small, superfluous accessory to activate a figure's features. I guess I dislike Headmasters and Powermasters for the same reason. Don't get me wrong, I like Minicons, but I don't like having to plug them into another transformer to activate its weapons.

Also, RID Scourge, you should be banned for blasphemy against ball-joints. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make a mark of shame avatar and stick you with it right now.
Clay

Post by Clay »

RID Scourge wrote:Yeah. I just kinda went with anything tha annoyed me in general about tfs. Damn ball joints are always popping off. Wouldn't mind popping it back on if it were a rare occurrance, but when it happens every time I transform a figure and it's the exact same part that gets annoying.
Use some clear nail polish. Simple as that.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:Use some clear nail polish. Simple as that.
On the ball joint, he means.

Just to be clear.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Ball joints here and there are good for articulation of course, but sometimes it can be overdone when they are on lots of joints that aren't used for robot-mode articulation. I like a nice and neat "fold, fold, twist, fold...done" type of transformation. With a bunch of ball joints you are more likely to get a step "now line up part exactly with this other part, carefully, if you don't get it exactly right you will have gaps in your almode..."
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I have to agree with Starfield. Sometimes, too many ball joints can absolutely ruin a figure. Though, off the top of my head, i can't think of any. However Bendy Prime comes to mind for some strange reason.
Sir Auros wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like Minicons, but I don't like having to plug them into another transformer to activate its weapons.
^This.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I have to agree with Starfield. Sometimes, too many ball joints can absolutely ruin a figure.
Big Convoy. It has way too many ball joints, which makes the figure a bit of a pain to transform and to have stand in robot mode.
MeisterAutobotJazz

Post by MeisterAutobotJazz »

Armada Megatron's sound thing. Everytime I transform him I hear "Decepticons attack! [Gun sounds]" about 10 times.
"Ok Folks, it's showtime!"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. First order of business is to pull out the batteries in light and sound figures.