Purchasing regrets.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ah, I'd kicked Transformers into touch & moved onto the Beano full-time by the time the Euro classics came out (following a massive dissolutionment at the whole Pretender shebang). The classics felt like a stab at former glory which made me even more cynical at the time ( I so dearly loved the Micro Machines toys by that point, but never got to own any).

I think I only ever saw two Transformers at my school. Some ultra-jammy sod brought in Thundercracker one day, and seeing a really toy accurate rendition of an F-15 Eagle was awesome, especially with that blue paint job. It screamed serious toy-making.

After that, quite a few people seemed to own and bring in Flywheels! Oh, my addled memory possibly recalls a Sludge too.

I always thought Bumblebee had proper status back then, but only in my head. He was such a cute toy. And Quickmix was a double-Targetmaster wasn't he?

My best mate had Powermaster Prime, and I never liked the stiff arms and oversized head, and the fact that the trailer seemed to have the worst disguise a trailer could possibly have (until the G2 prime trailer that actually said 'Optimus Prime' down the side, f**** sake). Although I chuckle now.

That mate seemed to have the worst taste in transformers, but towards the end he had a complete turnaround, managing to pick up a Spanish or Italian MIB Prowl and Sideswipe which one of our local Newsagents somehow managed to source, and then finally ending up with a British Wheeljack. Dead jealous, me. Although I did my best not to show it. This was all around 1988/89.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Denyer wrote:Starscream has a very Robocop-walker feel that I like.

Found that Alternators lost charm the more of them I got, though, like the 200x MOTU line. One or two's enough IMO.
are you talking about the ED-209?
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

I usually research my prospects so I don't feel much for wasted money and I'm actually focusing on the main Classics cast (and I have all of them out except for Brawn, Beachcomber, and Cosmos) so theres no wasted money... I can say I wasted money on Universe Dinobot because I got him with Smokescreen as there was no other way to find SS on his own, and I could have wasted money on Henkei Ratchet because they just made too few of the Universe version (which I'd rather have). I was in need of Ratchet for the rest of the crowd so I cant complain.
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
DeathToLimes
Protoform

Post by DeathToLimes »

I don't have many but some pain me more than others...

-Cybertron Skywarp (thundercracker repaint): While this was the first purchase in my journey back into tf fandom, dear God it sucks. The arm cannon as long as the body, the non-attatching shoulders, the spindley legs... Hasbro, wtf...
-Movie Barricade: The punch-arm in lieu of actual weapons was a kick in the teeth and the transformation back into car mode will give me nightmares for years to come.
-Titanium Soundwave: For his one freakin leg never staying in place and collapsing into itself all the time...
-Close calls...
-RoTF Superion: Pain to get limbs to lock in and even when you do, they pop out all the time. Keeps off my regret list for turning back into 5 reasonably cool robots.
-Marvel Crossovers Venom: Can anyone tell me how to transform this thing?
-Anything with soft plastic: My wife tossed all my loose tfs in a box and some of them have soft plastic which are now hopelessly disfigued, much to my heartache. Forget little kids. Hard plastic and needle-sharp tips on toys FTW
borg72

Post by borg72 »

DeathToLimes wrote: -Anything with soft plastic: My wife tossed all my loose tfs in a box and some of them have soft plastic which are now hopelessly disfigued, much to my heartache. Forget little kids. Hard plastic and needle-sharp tips on toys FTW
and you did divorce her, right?
DeathToLimes
Protoform

Post by DeathToLimes »

Not yet, but between that and the lack of G1 respect gets her closer everyday. Lol.

...But seriously, she'll kill me if she reads this.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah...I have one to add to a regret. Rotf Skywarp. Utter Slag imho.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Luckily, I DIDN'T regret ROTF Ramjet.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Luckily, I DIDN'T regret ROTF Ramjet.
Grrr...thankfully I did not pick up Ramjet either rofl.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

can i add voyager movie ironhide to the list? I was just thinking how much I actually liked the original SS voyager (even though i do concur that the new one is better), and recallled that i got him together with ironhide. If it hadn't been for the fact i was living away from home at college (and as missing my collection at home), I really don't think i'd have even had him out on display. Since i got home, i ertainly haven't. He's floppy, falls apart, doesn't tab together well, and the rampant black makes him very hard to see any details on, face especially.

the jungle attack version coming out looks like it could be awesome, if not for the fact its based on such a poor base mold.