Recommendations for purchase

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
A.D.Rodimus

Recommendations for purchase

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

can some one please give me some ideas as to what movie toy i should buy. I am a TF fan long time and i want a toy for nostalagia purposes.....something that is intersting to transform and looks nice. my mum gave away all my old G1 transformers so... i have nothing :( sadly there is not alot of range where i live in NZ. Just soundwave BB etc
I have no leg
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well, if you want a toy for nostalgia purposes, I'd recommend you check out the Encore line instead of ROTF. Or are you talking about buying something in a store instead of online?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

A.D.Rodimus wrote:can some one please give me some ideas as to what movie toy i should buy. I am a TF fan long time and i want a toy for nostalagia purposes.....something that is intersting to transform and looks nice. my mum gave away all my old G1 transformers so... i have nothing :( sadly there is not alot of range where i live in NZ. Just soundwave BB etc
suggest Ebay? g1 TFs (the smaller, more common ones) are ten a penny, and if your not bothered about perfect condition and/or stickerwear etc, they're almost as cheap. My tfs tend to stay on a shelf or desk, so floppy joints or a bit of wear doesnt bother me so much.

if you want something a bit newer, go for the 'classics' or more recent toys from 'universe' toylines. these are g1 (mostly) inspired toys, but with modern toy technology (balljoints, etc), and somewhat updated alt-modes.

specific things you might like? these have a heavy g1-flavour:
classics optimus prime (might be getting pricey now though)
classics sideswipe, sunstreaker, prowl, silverstreak, smokescreen
classics starscream (or any of the other jets)

if ebay is a problem you can always trade direct if you think you can trust the other person. i've no experience trading on boards, but there is a healthy sale/trade forum on the boards here.

EDIT: totally missed you were asking about rotf toys. Leader prime is awesome, if you can afford. i hated it to begin with because the transformation took me 2 hours the first time, but he's slowly grown on me to the point where he is now my fave.

deluxe sideswipe is also brilliant, if you can live with a slight balance issue (he wont stand very well if you follow the instructions, but if you have a play, you'll figure out how to do it)

cheaper again, some of the scouts are pretty good too.

best of the best has to be legends class optimus and jetfire; get both, and you can combine them movie-style. should also be less than half the the cost of a scout each. and great desk-toys for the office.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Most of the 1984/85 cars and jets have been reissued at some point or another, so if you want the original toys, you shouldn't have much trouble finding them.

If what you're after is "like the original, but better/less fragile," you may want to start reading reviews for Classics and Universe as something there may strike your fancy.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm quite partial to the movie constructicons with Rampage being my favorite.

Voyager Class Megatron is very awesome. Deluxe Sideswipe. Deluxe Ravage-alt mode is basically him hiding his head in his paws, but the panther mode it pretty awesome. Voyager Fallen is good as well.