Ever bought back figures you've sold?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Ever bought back figures you've sold?

Post by Knightdramon »

Thread title is pretty much self-explanatory.

Ever sold a figure off, only to get the urge to get it again a couple of months\years later?

About last year I sold off RID Prime and Magnus, both of which are excellent figures even after 9 years of their release and am contemplating getting them back.

Last year I also sold off some Macross toys that were a BITCH to sell, and now I want to re-buy them [though prices have fallen, thankfully].

I also sold off my SOC SPEC Eva 01, which I'll definitely purchase again at some point .

Anybody else get into my shoes in this matter? Share your experiences here.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, sort of... Sold my yellowed bare Wheeljack a year or so ago, and more recently rebrought the fake version - though while I sort-of regretted selling the guy off, it was only because the cheap, complete knock-off was avaliable that I did it.

I also sold Deluxe Movie Bumblebee at around the same time, and recently bought the retooled RotF version... On the plus side, that was before the RotF reissue was confirmed, and I got something like £30 for him (though the moron who won did seem to think he was getting Ultimate Bumblebee, despite the name of the figure, its' features, size and a comparison picture were all in the auction). On the downside, the permanent gun arm on the RotF version really bugs me and I might end up buying the original back anyway.

Oh, and the G1-style Spychangers - not entirely sure why, bit of an impulse buy on a cheap B-I-N when I had funds piling up in my Paypal. I suspect I'll move them on again soon...

Do regret selling RiD Prime, funnily enough. Not Magnus, though, as I was never that mad on the combined mode (or even Super Op - the cab robot was the real winner). Not sure I'd buy him back, though - got enough Primes with G1, RM, MP and RotF versions kicking around...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I never actually sold mine [gave 'em away], but yeah, I've been through similar. I'm missing and am in the process of getting back all of my RiD. Out of the toylines [and asides from Beast Wars] I think RiD was my favourite.

I think I'm addicted to RiD recolours to be honest... I currently have three different versions of Speedbreaker and wouldn't mind getting the rest.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yes, several times. Energon Wheeljack Downshift, for instance. I had one, and sold it on ebay. Then I got another one, and sold it to Cliffy. Now I've got a third one, and have learned my lesson. Bear in mind that these episodes are years apart.

Now I just need to find Cybertron Downshift again... :o
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Handful of MOTU figures. Transformers, can't think of any.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I've only ever sold a handful of figures, and I've never been interested in buying them back. I've never sold anything that really interested me and the bulk of the stuff that I have that I'm not interested in I'm sitting on to see if they're worth more in a decade or two.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Denyer wrote:Handful of MOTU figures.
Yeah. My mom gave away my MOTU stuff when I was a kid. :( Grabbed up either the original version or the 2003 version to recover ones I really wanted.

Picked up a ton of G.I. Joes I traded off as a kid.

Never got rid of any transformers, but I did buy replacements for broken figures.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

Yes. Several of my g1 figures i sold years ago i eventually regained.