Toy Fair 2010 news and images

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm being incredibly dense no doubt but can someone link directly to the Straxus toy as I can't spot him amongst the others?
Yeah, I'm not spotting it amongst the TFW links either for some reason. Found it on seibertron, though.

Not sure about the mould just yet, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Aww, he has the signature pick axe, and even the name "Darkmount" is a nifty little throwback.

Still would love a proper Jhiaxus figure in all it's G2 garish-ness, but this is still neat.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If the head's detachable they have a sale. I'm guessing they wanted something that sounded a bit more like a Transformer name (I can't see anyone else having the copyright on Straxus)?

Considering the original Jhiaxus takes some design cues from the original Starscream I'd say it's not impossible we'll see the classics version done up as him at some point, it does seem to be the workhorse toy of the line.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

inflatable dalek wrote:
Considering the original Jhiaxus takes some design cues from the original Starscream I'd say it's not impossible we'll see the classics version done up as him at some point, it does seem to be the workhorse toy of the line.
Mmm, I can see that. I was thinking the Classics Jetfire mould would work if we're talking straight repaints (minus the helmet, of course). Don't own a Jetfire, mind you, just basing this on images I've seen.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Lots of pics at seibertron, yes. Really liking Straxus and that other Decepticon deluxe. Drift looks ace, that's the deluxe car prototype we saw along with videogame Optimus months ago.

Lots of rage over Thrust, don't give a crap about the exclusive status and whatnot, just hope I can get one without paying scalper prices.

Strangely enough, MP Grimlock looks the same besides those white\red stripes on his dino legs, right? I wonder how much he'll retail for. Given the exclusivity status to whichever store he ends up at, I'm thinking europeans will have to pay around 100 USD plus shipping.

HA Jazz is great. Now that's a subline I just LOVE. Funny how they couldn't integrate his chaingun on the vehicle and it ends up as a motorcycle.

Powercore combiners don't impress me at all. Not a single thing about the line, period.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Damn, Elita-1 seems to follow the awful Chromia mould, rather than the more palatable (but still pretty poor) Arcee mould. That might actually kill off my curiosity.
inflatable dalek wrote:If the head's detachable they have a sale. I'm guessing they wanted something that sounded a bit more like a Transformer name (I can't see anyone else having the copyright on Straxus)?
No, apparently there were some clearance issues with the name - I'm thinking Marvel, maybe. There's a big difference between a few reprints and an action figure...

Now, the real test - how many paint apps and the like are going to be stripped off these things before they hit shelves?

Voyager Prime is still arbitrarily a naughty picture, so nobody PM me for it.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Looks like i'll be broke at the end of the year, games for my Xbox, the schooltrip to Paris and now this^^ Love the insecticon as well, but Breacher remindsme too much of aspartan from Halo for some reason. Prime's mine as well. I can't just describe how much I want to buy, while not going to do it all.... Also, I think that the nicest deails like Prime's golden paint on the shins will be gone when theyhit shelves, but that's for the likes of Frenzy_Rumble to fix I suppose....
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Drift looks like a damn good Deluxe.

Say what you want about the character, but that robot mode looks right out of the comics!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Not a movie toy, but... but... why?

I can't decide whether this is more awesome than it is stupid or vice versa.
Attachments
Yoda_1266125789.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's better than cocking Ejector. Or most of the ROTF Scouts, now I stop and think about it. Who exactly is still buying those things?

How do we reckon they're going to bugger up Hubcap? Spongy red plastic? Engraving "84G1ROCKSLIKEORSON!!!!" on the roof? Making sure the second recolour of that Godawful bike mould outships it 15 to 1? Making it part of an exclusive multipack with 16 identical Deluxe Chromias?
Clay

Post by Clay »

You know the more you build it up in your anticipation, the more you'll be let down by the time it actually comes out, yeah?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:Making sure the second recolour of that Godawful bike mould outships it 15 to 1?
Actually, I think it's the third redeco of the Scout bike mold. They used it in one of those store-exclusive two-packs, too.

Which I suppose begs the question...who's buying all these bikes? It's not like we're talking about a legendarily-awesome toy here, and all of the colour schemes have been pretty garish.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:You know the more you build it up in your anticipation, the more you'll be let down by the time it actually comes out, yeah?
I can stop being excited about Transformers and go back to ranting about Bandai if you like?

EDIT: @ Warcry: Reverb is probably the worst of the Scouts that I've actually got, which is pretty poor...
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Wow... that Yoda looks awfull...

@Cliffjumper: Please do.

@Warcry: I know, I think that my Knockout is a fine toy in it's own right, but making yet another redeco of the thing is as stupid, imo at least, as making around thirty versions of Bumblebee in a year or two eh, Hasbro???
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'm surprised the Movie Concept BB mold isn't unusable by now.

I think it's had MORE versions than Classics Starscream.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rattrap's tail wrote:@Warcry: I know, I think that my Knockout is a fine toy in it's own right, but making yet another redeco of the thing is as stupid, imo at least, as making around thirty versions of Bumblebee in a year or two eh, Hasbro???
People like Bumblebee.

And there's certainly nothing wrong with the little scout bike toy. But they are reusing it quite a bit.

I do not like Drift. I'm sorry, but it looks sub-par, like Classics Ironhide or somesuch.
Cliffjumper wrote:I can stop being excited about Transformers and go back to ranting about Bandai if you like?
I fear change and like familiarity!

Regarding the deluxe Ironhide and the new voyager Prime, I think it's Hasbro's way of offering the full movie cast at a better scale. Deluxe Autobots + Voyager Prime with Leader Starscream, Megatron, and whatnot else.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

inflatable dalek wrote:If the head's detachable they have a sale.
Though thinking about it it would have been more awesome if he'd turned into the right sort of tank...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:And there's certainly nothing wrong with the little scout bike toy.
Apart from the way it' so badly engineered those back panels pop off every time you transform it?
I do not like Drift. I'm sorry, but it looks sub-par, like Classics Ironhide or somesuch.
Oh, be fair. It doesn't look like a collection of join lines with a little bit of plastic between them...
I fear change and like familiarity!
Fine. THESE TOYS NEED MORE DIECAST!!!! If it doesn't weigh more than me, it's not worth buying. And I've rocketed to 108lbs.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Apart from the way it' so badly engineered those back panels pop off every time you transform it?
That's an action feature. They're blast-off panels!
Oh, be fair. It doesn't look like a collection of join lines with a little bit of plastic between them...
OK, he looks like something from CYBERTRON. Huh? How's that? You like that?
Fine. THESE TOYS NEED MORE DIECAST!!!! If it doesn't weigh more than me, it's not worth buying. And I've rocketed to 108lbs.
Glad to have you back :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:That's an action feature. They're blast-off panels!
Huh, fail-off panels more like [/biting wit]
CYBERTRON
A perfectly good debate about toys and you have to lower the tone with language like that.
Glad to have you back :)
I will say that Blaster would be pretty close to the bottom of my list for toys that deserve a reissue. A box that turns into a collection of boxes with a peanut on the top... Er, yay.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Forest battle Prime looks good, you know, except for the black splotches on it. The hooks are cool, but there's no Grindor big enough to... oh fine, I'll go make a sandwich.