[CUSTOM] So I'm considering a kitbash for the first time.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
electro girl

So I'm considering a kitbash for the first time.

Post by electro girl »

Nothing drastic just a re-paint. I have a Recon Barricade whos colour sceme I've gotten bored of and I want to turn him into a white British police car so I may need some stickers or decals aswel.

So basically I just need some advice, I've had a skeg of the tips and tricks thread so I have a basic idea. I've had a practice taking it apart and have come across the problem of pins holding it together that I don't know how to remove so I'd like some help with that please.

Thanks!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

good call, though black-to-white sounds like a challenge for a first kitbash.

oh my, i just googled for some images. i knew about

and about

but this tickled me

point being silver is an option too. and the armed response cars in london are red.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Well Recon Barricade is silver/light gray anyway so I do have the option of leaving it like that but I have some white paint to hand anyway. I think I'm gonna go for the blue and yellow checks rather than the old jam sandwich look.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I would search for Reprolabels for those decals if I were you... Also, go to procustomizers.com. That site is runned by people like frenzy-rumble and they have a great tutorial section.

Good luck... I know how hard customizing can be. I just fnished up the fourth one and it's the first one I've been completely happy about. Don't give up.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Almost finished taking off the paint. I'll post some WIP pics when I can.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Nice to hear you getting into this, Electro Girl. Have to say i agree with borg72 about blue to white being hard, for anyone. My advice, get some primer on that thing first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

The blue on the car is painted on and I've got it all off so I think a few layers of white will sort out that light gray. All blue plastic is on the robot mode and I plan to make that black.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Good luck. White on anything is hard, though it doesn't sound too bad. Hope you sanded it all down, though. That many layers can get paint rubbing all over the place if you're not careful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Finally got round to throwing some paint on this bot today. I went for the easy panels that didn't leave too many screws floating about. paint went on easy enough, only problems were applying too much paint and not waiting long enough for it to dry before picking it up, both fixable. I'm happy that the paint has filled enough scratches from taking off the decal without losing any detail in the plastic.

So far I've done the doors, the back windows, back bumper and the bonnet in white.

Anyone know how to take off the roof and back wheels/hands/thumbs?