Your top 5 figures?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
TMM

Your top 5 figures?

Post by TMM »

Ok out of all the figures you own, what are your top 5 favourites? Doesn't have to be in any particular order:

Mp starscream - just so accurate, and detailed and poseable, I just love this figure!!

Leader brawl - such a random character to get a leader class, I love all it's features and how it looks and transforms

Voyager demolisher - I love how unique this guy is, such a clever figure, often the simplest designs are the hardest to bring to life

Rotf leader prime - apart from the issue of his belly/chest, this figure is great!!

Animated bumblebee - I just find it impressive how accurate both modes are when the characters are so stylised!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

SoC Ideon
SoC Daimos
Deluxe Voltron I
25th Anniversary Barbecue
Defendor
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

MP Optimus Prime. I know, it seems like everyone says this. But that reputation ain't based on nothing. :up:

Alternators Dead End. My favorite from a line I really enjoyed, so he's here.

RID Scourge. I loved this one when I first got it, but honestly wondered then how time would treat him. He's on the list!

RID Rail Racer. I've always been a gestalt fan, and this one just nails it! Decent proportions, nice uniform scheme, won't fall apart if you look at him the wrong way, decent articulation...

G1 Gears. Yes, really. ;) I tried to make this as unbiased as possible. (Mostly because my fave characters generally have crap toys. :nonono:) I allowed myself a favorite for purely sentimental reasons, though, and decided it was Gears. Just a gawdawful toy, but he was the first for me.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Classics Optimus Prime: In my opinion the best Optimus ever. Good homage to the original but with some new curves. And Awesome Transformation!

Powermaster Optimus Prime: I haven't had one since I was a kid, I hope to get one eventually. But I remember how he made my eyes sparkle as a kid.

Fansproject Warbot Defender: Better than any Springer or triplechanger that Hastak has ever produced.

G1 Soundwave: Cause he was made right the first time!!!

Classics Ultra Magnus w/ Fansproject City Commander Armor: He may just be a repaint of Classics Prime but add his armor and he becomes a badass bot with a oversized gun from Hell!

Some runners up include: RiD Rail Racer, RiD Omega Prime, 2007 Leader Brawl,
G1 Metroplex, and Animated Jazz.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sades

Post by Sades »

BM Longhorn
Transmetal 2 Megs
G1 Grimlock
Alt Smokescreen
TM2 Dinobot- so much so that I own the cream plastic version and the white plastic version.
TM Tarantulas

I cheated and added an extra, because Grimlock and Smokescreen are pretty well tied...

I still believe that the BW-to-RiD "era" was the best one in our hobby for toys. That's just IMO, though.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Binaltech Tracks
Cybertron Jetfire
Universe/Classics Sunstreaker
Alternators Shockblast/Shockwave
G1 Skullcruncher

List subject to change in t-minus ten seconds and counting...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

5. Animated Deluxe Jazz:
- Great poses
- Good styling
- Almost kibble-free

4. Classics Deluxe Bumblebee
- Homages G1 toy, TV Design and Goldbug all in one
- Clever but simple transformation

3. Masterpiece Skywarp
- Beautiful in both modes
- Not too difficult to transform
- Color choice is superb to all other versions of the mold.

2. ROTF Leader Buster Optimus Prime
- Nearly perfect toy of a very complicated robot.
- Color correct
- Confusing yet rewarding transformation

1. Masterpiece Optimus Prime
- A cartoon accurate robot
- Hey, it's freakin' Optimus Prime... need I say more?
Come on and wind me up.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

RiD Megs for having ten modes
BM deluxe Jetstorm for being my very first tf
BW Transmetal Scavenger because of the sickest looking face ever found on a Transformer. Besides, it becomes a freakin'ant with drill-nipples
BW Transmetal Rattrap, my namesake and probably the one that looks most like me in the TF-multiverse
Cybertron Unicron, because the toy is just sweet, overly detailed and he has even got chest-articulation due to the great transformation
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Well, keeping it to Transformers, I'm a stalwart for G1-era, so...

Trailbreaker
Powermaster Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor (God Ginrai)
Doubledealer
Metroplex
...number five's gonna be tough - I could do 10, but keeping it to 5...
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

In no particular order...

BW TMII Megatron

Constructicons!

Binaltech Laserwave (makes up for the skinny disappointment of G1 Shockwave)

BW Cybershark (not the transmetal version - probably the best out the original slew of '96/'97 figures.superb.)

Soundwave!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

In no particular order

G1 Spapdragon
So good, all the fun of a triple changer and a headmaster in one. Plus good articulation for the era.

BW Transquito
I loved this since I was a kid and can still remember buying him. Something about the flappy wing gimmick just charms me.

Animated Grimlock
He so cute yet scary. A great homage to the original made of pure fun.

ROTF Lockdown
I really like Animated and I really like Lockdown, he's one of my fave characters and I think this figure is a testiment to how endeering a franchise Animated was. Also all that neck articulation, and a piston! If you want to make something cool just add pistons.

Animated Samurai Prowl
1. He's a moror bike
2. He has a side car
3. In robot mode that side car turns into cool samurai armour! (y'know because samurais and ninjas are practically the same thing)
4. I got him half price after thinking I'd never find him.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Prowl,
Smokescreen,
Bluestreak,
Blue Bluestreak,
That All Silver Bluestreak.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:That All Silver Bluestreak.
Chrome Streak.

Not to be confused with Silverstreak.

I prefer Anime Streak. The one who actually has a streak. Although it's black.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

There's a Two Ronnie's sketch in this somewhere...

Anime Streak (the one I have) would have gone on the list if I'd been allowed six.

Prowl's obviously the best as he once had a thought bubble like a brick when looking at Grimlock (yes, that does improve the quality of his toy), the rest are all equal in my eyes.
Hound

Post by Hound »

G1 Mindwipe
G1 Hound
Waspinator
Powermaster Prime
MP Prime
Civ

Post by Civ »

5. Nemesis Prime with the armor and soon, his two, little buddies that turn into guns. So much fun centered around one figure.

4. 2007 Movie Ironhide. Just turn the head around and you have Trailbreaker. Works for me!

3. Classics Devastator. The only original Energon gestalt model I actually liked and the new colors make him even better. Extremely poseable figure once you transform his limbs slightly differently to give him elbows.

2. Classics Mirage. He is one of the best figures ever. Tied with him is Fracture who's a great nod to Gobots Crasher.

1. My custom Alternator Trailbreaker from a Nemesis Prime Ram body, Swindle head, Hoist's head sensor (I should get him his own), and that add-on made for Alternator Prime (the gas can/gun and Matrix set). He's damn spiffy and yes, my Trailbreaker is a Matrix-bearer.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

In no particular order, just off the top of my head....

1. Universe, Nemesis Prime (Mammoth) - Very cool looking beast mode, most likely the most evil looking mammoth you will ever lay eyes on. Tons of cool weapons and gadgets, including the awesome Dead Matrix. Great articulation, not too clunky at all either. The only real downfall is that it is more or less a shellformer, but a damn cool one at that.

2. Beast Wars Neo, Break - A penguin that shoots a missile out of its very own ass, what more do you need? One of my favorite animals, and also not a bad looking robot either, once you pop him out of the shell. Makes for plenty of cute poses with other toys too.

3. KISS Players, Convoy - Great alt mode, gives the impression of sheer power and brute force. Excellent paint job, unlike the molded red plastic of the Alternators version. Excellent chrome accents as well, not over the top ala Henkei, but actually done in good taste. Robot mode perfectly portrays a modern version of Optimus Prime, while being totally believable as a Dodge Ram as well. Very cool accessories as well, surfboard that becomes sword/knife combo? Count me in.

4. Beast Wars Transmetals 2, Megatron - Big giant ass, demonic, red dragon. That does it for me right there. Add in the fact that it is fairly well articulated as well as near 100% show accurate, and it transforms into a competent robot mode as well.

5. Energon, Starscream - One of my favorite characters, and this is one of my favorite molds of the character. The dark gray and black color scheme really work well with this figure, and remind me of a homage to Starscream's Machine Wars or BWII incarnations, both of which I adored as well. I also love the articulation and the amount of poses one can get this figure into. I'm a sucker for the over sized Final Fantasy style sword as well.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Cliffjumper wrote: Defendor
Congratulations! You just won the internet, and a complementary jar of bees.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Kantorock
Protoform

Post by Kantorock »

My top five figure favs?

1: Universe Drift

2: Classic Optimus Prime

3: Animated Shockwave/Longarm Prime

4:Classic Grimlock

5: G1 Megatron
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »