[CUSTOM] Autobot Wrecker : Whirl

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Autobot Wrecker : Whirl

Post by frenzy_rumble »

For a long time, I've wanted to do a custom Whirl. He was one of the few Transformers that survived the years since my childhood. A while back, I awoke from sleep thinking I had a great idea....convert Energon Quickstrike into Whirl, similar transformation, good size, etc. I found out some time after that this same idea was already done (by Wheeljack of sector70) yet - continued with the project, being a Whirl fan.

Since I had the G1 Whirl from my younger years, I did what I do best. Hacked it up. I used some of the original g1 Whirl parts on this custom : head, claw, feet, coptor blades. for the canon arm, I used parts from a VERY expensive zoid saber model kit. I did some heavy moding to build of this base figure, especially in the waist area (articulated) feet and other areas.

somehow, I integrated a working flashing 1mm LED, switch, battery and wires in his little head. A small on/off switch on the back activates the blinking RED led. *the g1 toy and art had the eye red as well*

Also, I installed a motor to his main helicopter blade (check out the video to follow demonstrating it) There's a small button on the tail of the helicopter which when pressed, spin his yellow blades of carnage.

Here's a video demonstrating the motorized helicopter blade and LED blinky eye.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Cool. The ski feet look weird, but still it's all pretty awesome. This should go in your own collection, since you made it out of your original Whirl.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Marry me, Frenzyrumble.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

This is glorious.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Good lord this is sexual!

There's something about Whirl.

A superbly stunning job, sir. I guess Whirl's biggest enemy is the keyboard, but he probably just does one finger typing like most Autobots.

Love that gun arm and the extra poseability in the feet so that he can stand at heroic hip-thrusting angles.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

That, sir, is a triumph. :clap::clap::clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Wheelceptor

Post by Wheelceptor »

Blackjack wrote:Marry me, Frenzyrumble.
Not before me, you won't!
~Wheelceptor.
Kantorock
Protoform

Post by Kantorock »

I love how clean the colours look. Too bad there's not a way to make the skies look like a nosecone while Whirl is in vehicle mode. Other than that I love the overall look and feel of him.