Remembering that our old toys actually exist!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform
Articles: 0

Re: Remembering that our old toys actually exist!

Post by Skyquake87 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:52 pm

I do like the walls of colour. It looks so cool :) Love the Biege shelf :P

I dug out my Robot Masters! Kind of wish I'd held onto Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper now, but nevermind. I still have...

Lio Convoy!

I used to have the full on Leader Class toy. Only held onto to it for a bit, as the spinning mane and spring-loaded missile guff where a pain in the arse. I like a missile launcher, but I hate those hair-trigger ones that launch a billion things off at once. Anyway! This lovely wee Robot Masters figure does everything the big lad does, just without the missiles and over tomfoolery. It's a lovely toy and great fun to play with. Lion mode is a bit long in the body, but it's cute enough.

Delta Seeker and X-Gunner
Awesome Cyberjet fun! Horrible colours, but great fun all the same :) Still love those friction launchers. What an effective and simple gimmick. Love it.

ImageImage

Nigel and Trevor
I never remember the names of these guys. I used to be really good with Transformer names, but there's some (like nearly all the Micromasters I own) whose names just don't stay in my brain. These two are a lovely smoked clear black plastic and orange terror (Nigel) and a cool camo'd robot jet lad (Trevor). Just cheeky repaints of the flip changing jets which are still exciting to me as they were meant for G2 but didn't come out until Hasbro were scratching around for stuff to pad out RiD. Great wee figures and now with added Takara stupid collect a weapon funtimes!

ImageImage

Lemon Flavoured Road Rocket
Laser Cycles are cool. Loved these when I had the G2 versions, now supplanted by the cool RiD repaints and this one for Road Rocket :)

ImageImage

Double Face
Disappointingly, doesn't have two actual faces, but is a nicely tarted up Road Pig. I think it's supposed to be homaging that motorcycle lad from Armada/ Micron Legend, but I don't know. I'm not the TFwiki. I just like the colours!

ImageImage

Denyer
Articles: 3

Post by Denyer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:53 am

Skyquake87 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:52 pm
Lio Convoy!
Do love this one, he's probably the best of the RMs. If memory serves this is the metallic version? Looks like the same one I've got.

Clay

Post by Clay » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm

Denyer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:53 am
Skyquake87 wrote:
Lio Convoy!
Do love this one, he's probably the best of the RMs. If memory serves this is the metallic version? Looks like the same one I've got.
<squints>

I think that's the regular deco, not the metallic one. Hard to tell without them side by side, though.

I, too, need to dig out my Robotmasters...
Skyquake87 wrote:
I do like the walls of colour. It looks so cool :) Love the Biege shelf :P
I like the effect! And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't just buy a masterpiece Road Rage just solely because of the color complements to Sideswipe, Clampdown, Exhaust, G2 Sideswipe, Jetfire(s), etc.

Denyer
Articles: 3

Post by Denyer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Yeah, think you may be right if it's the body that's metallic painted. I know I've owned both at some point -- remember the DVD -- and probably saw more point in moving on the limited edition one.

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Denyer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:53 am
Skyquake87 wrote:
Lio Convoy!

...no idea! He doesn't look especially shiny and the box is long gone. I think it's just the regular version.