OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:Surprised to see people surprised by Artfire, I thought he and hauler were inevitable reuses of that toy as cheap low production run filler. It's not any more obscure that Clampdown really.
Especially as I'm not sure even Takara would be cheeky enough to do G2 Inferno in the Masterpiece line...

Interestingly this brings us up to MP37. The Jazz rumour was as MP39... and given that the most obvious Jazz repaint is Stepper, the fact they've pulled the trigger on Artfire already is interesting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

BBTS has pictures of Godbomber up

None of the overall combined mode yet, though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Kapow has... looks decent, and makes having the TR and LG Prime/Jinrai more justifiable. Would be the first real "power up" robot figure I think I've collected.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... omber.html

http://i.imgur.com/3QejlQX.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Assuming Kup's a wave 4 deluxe, and apparently Topspin and Perceptor are in it, I may cool down on getting them as sets. Quite happy with the earlier CHUG figures (well, Perceptor's crap but only really a LL shelf filler) and 3P Jumpstarters.

http://i.imgur.com/eHJsOSe.png

http://i.imgur.com/lWlDbGm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uwDLKRZ.jpg
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Masterpiece Dirge finally available for preorder. Not cheap, but that's hardly a surprise nowadays.
https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... dirge.html

I wish Takara's promo pics made more of the fact that you don't need to have those missiles stuck to the body. And that you can tilt the butt-nosecone backwards so it's out of sight.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Have to admit, Topspin and Perceptor seem pretty cool. Not sure I want a Topspin without a matching Twin Twist, though, so hopefully they'll make him too.

Kup doesn't do much for me. I actually prefer the toy/Marvel colours to the cartoon-based ones, but I'm not sure how well they work on that IDW-based body. The arms really needed to be all-grey to pull it off, too. On top of that, the truck mode's kind of ass and it's pretty disappointing that they went for an IDW look when Hot Rod, Blurr and Scourge all owed so much to their G1 toys.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Assuming Quake is a Hardhead repaint, and Krok might be a retcon reusing Skullcruncher. The fact that they're repacking previous figures... hmm. Will still probably make an effort to get Repugnus and Shuffler, and quite like the look of Broadside. But it feels like TR has almost scratched enough itches personally, despite really liking the releases to date (even got multiples of Scourge).

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/05/tita ... med-330544

Titan Masters Wave 4:
NIGHTBEAT
SKYTREAD
REPUGNUS
SHUFFLER

Titans Return Legends Wave 4:

BUMBLEBEE
BRAWN
ROADBURN

Titans Return Deluxe Wave 4 :
QUAKE
KROK
TOPSPIN
PERCEPTOR
SERGEANT KUP

Titans Return Voyager Wave 4:
BROADSIDE

Titans Return Leader Wave 4:
SKY SHADOW
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

QUAKE AND KROK WE ARE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS I REPEAT WE ARE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.

Masterpiece Flywheels is now only a matter of time.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That Nightbeat is just going to be a repaint of some other dude isn't he?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'm surprised that they're doing repacks for the smaller size classes and not the larger ones. Solid cases of Broadside and Sky Shadow sound like a good way to make sure a lot of places never see Voyagers and Leaders from the next couple waves. I'm surprised they didn't make the Voyager assortment 2x Broadside and one each of Prime and Megatron, and didn't repack Sixshot or PM Prime with Sky Shadow.

Also, isn't it really odd that this wave is launching in a month and we still have no idea what two of the Deluxes look like, have only a back-of-the-box pic to go on for a third and only know that Roadburn is Chase because someone leaked pics a week ago? Even a couple years ago, Hasbro would have showed it off six months before release just so we'd hear about it from them instead of factory leakers.
inflatable dalek wrote:That Nightbeat is just going to be a repaint of some other dude isn't he?
He's probably just a repack of the same Nightbeat we got in Wave 1.

Ironically I think Nightbeat would have worked great as a Chromedome repaint, since the transformation is pretty similar to his G1 toy, but instead we got a Getaway that looks nothing like Getaway.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:Also, isn't it really odd that this wave is launching in a month and we still have no idea what two of the Deluxes look like, have only a back-of-the-box pic to go on for a third and only know that Roadburn is Chase because someone leaked pics a week ago?
After the Marvel Legends waves toward the end of last year, we should count ourselves lucky Hasbro have even announced the names of the full assortment.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

By the sounds of it, they didn't. The report Denyer linked to makes it sound like a retailer leaked the assortment info.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

C'mon, surely it's far more fun to go back to not knowing what was coming out months beforehand.

Back to mystery shelf assortments. Mystery. Finding out when you go into the shop.

DOWN WITH KNOWLEDGE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I actually don't mind finding out what's coming closer to release, honestly. A few years ago we were finding out about figures sometimes six or nine months in advance of when they actually came out, let alone when I'd actually see them. Stuff would feel old before I even had a chance to buy it because it had been dissected so totally by so many people for so long before moving on to hype for the next big thing (that won't be out until next year).

This is maybe moving a bit too far in the other direction, though. There were actually figures in 2016 (albeit RiD stuff that no one really cares enough about to leak) that people didn't even know were coming until they showed up at retail in Singapore or wherever.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I also think a Deluxe TR Nightbeat retool from Chromedome has been a terrible missed opportunity...

:(

As much as I enjoy the TR figures, I'm not interested enough in non-G1 Headmasters as Titan Masters for this line to be too costly for me. Other than the fact Transformers have gone up in price a lot with the falling pound, and the absolute necessity to get Takara's Ginrai for a decent PMOP update.

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So far I've mostly stuck to characters who were Headmasters in the 80s, so I know where you're coming from. But at the same time, when something like Blaster or Triggerhappy or Doublecross comes out and it's the first time since the 80s the character's had an accurate new toy (or in the latter two cases, a toy at all) I'm not going to pass on it just because it's a Headmaster. I might think it's an odd feature for the character to have, but if it's a good toy of a character I like then I won't turn my nose up at it.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Och aye. I did get Blaster (granted from TK Maxx at £25). He's a huge amount of fun, and goes well with Generations Metroplex. I'd really like a Twincast redeco to go with TR Fort Max.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Warcry wrote:I actually don't mind finding out what's coming closer to release, honestly. A few years ago we were finding out about figures sometimes six or nine months in advance of when they actually came out, let alone when I'd actually see them. Stuff would feel old before I even had a chance to buy it because it had been dissected so totally by so many people for so long before moving on to hype for the next big thing (that won't be out until next year).

This is maybe moving a bit too far in the other direction, though. There were actually figures in 2016 (albeit RiD stuff that no one really cares enough about to leak) that people didn't even know were coming until they showed up at retail in Singapore or wherever.
I agree about stuff feeling old before I'd even seen it. Sometimes, actually opening and playing with the figure seemed more like an epilogue to the toy's story than the main focus.

The main advantage to the long leak times was knowing about mold reuse. If you know the new figure on the shelves has a repaint you like better coming out, skip the current figure and wait for the better one instead of buying both. Maybe the reduced lead times are an attempt to prevent this.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Warcry wrote:This is maybe moving a bit too far in the other direction, though. There were actually figures in 2016 (albeit RiD stuff that no one really cares enough about to leak) that people didn't even know were coming until they showed up at retail in Singapore or wherever.
And I agree with this! Shattered Glass MP Prime came out with little fanfare or attention paid, and he's great! Ditto some of the Platinum releases (I'd love that battle on junk set with Classics Hot Rod and two Junkions, but its stupid expensive for 3 old Deluxe moulds).
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

So MP-38 was teased a couple of days ago as "Supreme Commander" Optimus Primal, with some people assuming it would be Burning Convoy.

Instead it's been revealed as a deworking of Primal into a version more like the original BW Ultra toy. Mutant head, a blacker paint deco and smoother surfaces.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/12/mp-3 ... led-330916

I'm going to pass.