MP-10 Prime Convoy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

MP-10 Prime Convoy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not really had much of a finger on the pulse of late sorry and don't really know where to start on research, so can someone help by telling me if: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181815777147? ... 2a5510977b

is

a) legit [though if it's a bootleg along the lines of the MP Lambo and the real thing is going to cost twice as much this is less of a problem]
b) a decent price
c) likely to be undercut by a cheaper reissue any time soon

and

d) actually any good... Really looking to replace MP-1 with something that's not such a pain to display with anything else now Takara are actually making MP toys that are, y'know, good. Thanks to selling a couple of SOC figs that have been sitting in boxes for three years I've actually got the disposable for once to put down for MP-10 first then maybe shift MP-1 (well, it's the Hasbro one, loose and with a broken Megatron stock) afterwards if at all so I'm kind-of itching to do it before I blow the lot on Abel Ferrara DVDs.

Thanks!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

It looks like it's legit, though this is the first time I've seen it levitating while curling one out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I'm kind-of thinking that bit would probably stay minty-fresh in box.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

No way it's genuine, although feedback for the KOs (seller has the Magnus version as well) has been decent enough. I'd be concerned about the seller based on the prices of other stuff and various listings with errors -- despite generally good feedback to date it looks like the account is about to be pumped and dumped.

edit: I mean, cassette pairs for ten quid and Magnus for seventy doesn't give much confidence.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmm.... does this one look any better?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-T ... 25abbdde3d
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If buying from China/Taiwan/Japan I'd tend to look for sellers with feedbacks >10,000 -- the average price there seems to be about £130 or thereabouts, which isn't far off UK sellers doing it* for £150.

*Allegedly genuine.

edit: Incidentally, it's nice to see that KO original Dinobots are now so affordable.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I'm thinking of the extra for domestic pricing being worth it for a) fewer stressful days waiting and b) easier returns if it turns out to be a rubbish KO or something. Has the reissue come out yet?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, I'm thinking of the extra for domestic pricing being worth it for a) fewer stressful days waiting and b) easier returns if it turns out to be a rubbish KO or something. Has the reissue come out yet?
Yep, it's been out for a little bit now. It's cheaper than it was the first time around, too.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

BTW, best not buying on eBay if going for UK sellers -- shaves ten quid off, and it's unlikely Kapow have been suckered with KO stock.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cool... Right, there's a £150 one from a good feedback seller in the UK, so I guess it's time to wait for the missus to come home from work and ask her.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*bump* in case you haven't spotted the post above about it being cheaper to buy direct from a UK seller rather than on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I hadn't - cheers dude :)

EDIT: And ordered - thanks everyone :)
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Denyer wrote:edit: Incidentally, it's nice to see that KO original Dinobots are now so affordable.
What, where?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I like the new MP, smaller and basically the same as the larger one, but just that little bit more refined.

Shame there's never (to my knowledge) been one without the trailer, it's a good G1 Prime trailer but it is basically just a big grey box.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:Shame there's never (to my knowledge) been one without the trailer, it's a good G1 Prime trailer but it is basically just a big grey box.
That's put me off of buying him, too. The trailer is completely useless to me, will just take up space and probably adds $40 to the cost of the part of the set I actually want.

I think a few of the Japanese recolours have been done without the trailer (the black one is the first that comes to mind) but sadly nobody's ever had the bright idea to do that with the toy in proper colours.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yeah, it might have worked better if they'd gone all out on detail and extras, but it's just a larger version of the original toy, it just doesn't work on the larger scale. I suppose if you're going to play with it the "Being able to put the other MP Cars inside" feature might have some appeal though. But who plays with it?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

For that price you really want a Masterpiece level big grey box that at the very least has its own subspace pocket.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The figure has been relatively recently re-issued. It's available at hlj for 90 pounds plus shipping [plus customs, if unlucky].

It's also in stock at kapow for around 139 pounds [free shipping].

I'd go for either of those just to be sure.

I think the price [either way] is worth it. I really like the trailer for this one, despite being a "put it in the corner and never look at it again" trailer. It makes the vehicle mode more imposing :up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tetsuro wrote:What, where?
Try ebay.com with something like

transformers (slag,swoop,sludge,snarl,grimlock) (misb,boxed,reissue) -extinction
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, went with Kapow! in the end - I think every single package I have got from HLJ has been got by customs, so with that and the shipping I'd basically be paying the same to wait longer.

Regarding the trailer, I dunno... one of my problems with the first one is the absurd fact G1 Optimus just doesn't look right as just a cab, even if the trailer is just a big box (even the original had basically zero play value seeing as Roller would rarely make it over the ridge holding the door and no-one fit in any of the cool seats). Possibly because no version of the guy has really successfully hidden that those are just a pair of robot legs folded back.