Cheap Generations 30 toys in B&M.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Cheap Generations 30 toys in B&M.

Post by Auntie Slag »

Maybe you already know, but B&M stores are selling the Generations toys for a reasonable knock down price. I think I saw Sandstorm there in the past, but the other day they definitely had Roadbuster and Skybyte there for... I think it was £12.99 each.

They also had that big glossy Jetfire there for maybe £20 or £24. Massive price difference compared to the same toy sold in Forbidden Planet in my town.

They also had the decently articulated AoE figures for £6 instead of the RRP. So full transformation versions of Drift, Hound, Bumblebee, Strafe etc.

Must be worth a look if you've got a B&M near you :)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Allegedly some stores got a few Brainstorms or Doubledealers as well, but Sandstorm seems to have been the most prevalent and after that Roadbusters or Springers.

Plus FOC stuff like Blaster.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I don't suppose we could talk b&m into opening stores across the pond, could we? I'd love to get that Jetfire.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have 4 near me!

And last time I looked, they were all full of Sandstorm and FOC Blaster.

And Thew is right, B&M really does smell of super noodles and desperation.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Auntie Slag wrote:Maybe you already know, but B&M stores are selling the Generations toys for a reasonable knock down price. I think I saw Sandstorm there in the past, but the other day they definitely had Roadbuster and Skybyte there for... I think it was £12.99 each.
Toys R Us in Cambridge had Rhinox and Whirl for about that price last week, too.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...and whilst I remember, The Entertainer also has the Generations toys in their penny sale (which is more of a buy one get one free thing).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not sure I'd get Sandstorm or Blaster for a penny flat price TBH.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sadly I've gotten all the toys from that range I want, I just can't get excited about Skybyte.

If anyone doesn't have him, Brainstorm is great fun though.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

B&M had a Jetfire when I popped in, plus a small Sky-Byte/Roadbuster/Whirl contingent. And movie etc. stuff I wasn't really paying attention to. Nothing of interest by this point.

Really shouldn't have gotten lunch there. It's never a good sign when cheese says "best served chilled" rather than "keep refrigerated".
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Had a look in one of the B&Ms near me. Jetfire spotted, but passed on. He's £29.99, and the one they had on the shelf was slightly discoloured and the chrome was flaking off the guns. They also had two utterly trashed Battle Ops Bumblebees for the same, both of which looked like returns (always a good sign). 1 x Roadbuster and movie deluxes (all exclusively Hound).

What they did have and I've not seen before, are the 1:18 scale Roadbots (with Lights and Sound) which I've only seen in Thews vids previously, and the Landcruiser does look pretty awesome (as does the BMW - just has a weird looking head). For the £15 those were going for, they looked a better bet than all the left over Transformers. Which is a poor show if even Roadbots are looking good by comparrison to what Hasbro's up to.

Also loads of those blue three pack Doctor Who 5" figure sets for a tenner, which have erupted throughout B&M stores like a pox in recent years.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wish we had a B&M here... or even an Entertainer with some good stuff on offer; the only TF thing on our one's offer is the Deluxe-sized AoE guys who aren't actually the proper ones. Oh, and a boxed set of a Deluxe AoE Op and a G1-style Grimlock that was mildly tempting until I realised it was pretty close to the cost of importing an MP.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If you want me to poke my head back in and look for anything, let me know.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Denyer wrote:If you want me to poke my head back in and look for anything, let me know.
Except the cheese, am I right? :lol:
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

The Entertainer is a weird toy shop. Its a strange collection of branded lines and off brand generic piffle, the sort you'd get down a market.

Been moderately impressed with the eerily tidy wall to ceiling line up present in Smyths (a short train ride away in Leeds), which seems to be doing what TRU do, only better. Neither they or TRU have a full compliment of Generations figures though, with local branches of TRU having just the recent CW Voyagers and unpriced Leader Megatrons (guess my price! guess my price! I'm just shoved on a shelf on my own two bays away from the Transformers stuff!) and Smyths having all the limb bots.

Everywhere else near me has those wretched two-step RID things that absolutely no one is interested in (and Asda have on permanent Buy 2 for £15. Er, no thanks).
Terome

Post by Terome »

We've got none of those down our way - if anyone spots a Sandstorm or a Rhinox and would be minded to go to the hassle of posting them to me I'd be delighted.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Terome wrote:We've got none of those down our way - if anyone spots a Sandstorm or a Rhinox and would be minded to go to the hassle of posting them to me I'd be delighted.
If I see them, I'd get them for you. What is your upper price limit for each figure?
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:If you want me to poke my head back in and look for anything, let me know.
A Jetfire and a Whirl would be smashing, just let me know how much. I'll also promise never to send you a Titan Heroes figure ever again.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:If I see them, I'd get them for you. What is your upper price limit for each figure?
Cheers! £20 is my upper price limit. I've also just realised I quite like Blitzwing if such an ancient figure is still around. Sandstorm's the priority though - putting together a Wreckers shelf which is just missing Sandstorm, Spartan and, of course, Rack n' Ruin.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Terome wrote:of course, Rack n' Ruin.
Sender address + chloroform. I SEE YOUR GAME.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:Sender address + chloroform. I SEE YOUR GAME.
Sadly, I won't scale well, being way, way bigger than Voyager size.
Wreck and Rule!