Cheap Generations 30 toys in B&M.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Will aim to wander over tomorrow. TRU near us also had this type of stuff for comparable prices IIRC.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Terome wrote:Cheers! £20 is my upper price limit. I've also just realised I quite like Blitzwing if such an ancient figure is still around. Sandstorm's the priority though - putting together a Wreckers shelf which is just missing Sandstorm, Spartan and, of course, Rack n' Ruin.
Sandstorm and Blitzwing have been acquired. No Rhinox though. £12.99 each from Harwich B&M. I just need to find a box and the time to get to a Post Office now. No idea on postage cost yet. PM me your address and we'll go from there. :)

Re. Cliffjumper / Denyer

I can probably get hold of Whirl and Jetfire, if you have no luck with your hunt. Let me know.
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

TRU have Combiner Wars Voyagers for £16.99. Which means you've a choice of Hotspot or Cyclonus.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Terome wrote:We've got none of those down our way - if anyone spots a Sandstorm or a Rhinox and would be minded to go to the hassle of posting them to me I'd be delighted.
My local TRU had three Generations Rhinoxes (Rhinoxi? Rhinocerox?) when I stuck my head in on Monday. They were about £12.99 when I grabbed myself one a couple of weeks ago, so they're presumably still the same.

Will probably be back over that way either on Thursday or Sunday when I go get mah comics for the week. Can grab one if you want?

@ Cliffy
They also had several Whirls at the same price point. There's a B&M on the same retail park which had about six Jetfires, though I don't know what price they were. Give me a shout if you get no joy elsewhere.

TRU also had lots of CW Hot Spots, Cyclonuses and Silverbolts at about the £16 mark if anybody's interested. Limb-wise there were some First Aids, Rooks, a Blades, a Streetwise and a Drag Strip on Monday, but I don't know the pricepoint.

There was a stack of TF4 and RiD stuff, but that may as well be Star Wars toys for all the attention I've been paying. If anybody wants me to look for anything specific just say.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Just popping in... got Jetfire/Whirl and picked up a Sandstorm and Blitzwing if anyone's looking. TRU is more or less on route home so will have a look in there.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Cliffjumper wrote:Sender address + chloroform. I SEE YOUR GAME.
No! I was so close!
My local TRU had three Generations Rhinoxes (Rhinoxi? Rhinocerox?) when I stuck my head in on Monday. They were about £12.99 when I grabbed myself one a couple of weeks ago, so they're presumably still the same.
A Rhinox would be swell. While I'm going nuts, a £16 Hot Spot would nicely clog up the last remaining surfaces of my living area.

You guys are the nicest!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:Just popping in... got Jetfire/Whirl and picked up a Sandstorm and Blitzwing if anyone's looking. TRU is more or less on route home so will have a look in there.

SUPERSTAR!!!!! How much does I owes ya?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Will see if I can do it 2nd recorded, in which case would basically be fifty quid. Do you care about the boxes?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nah, boxless would be fine :) Cheers sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Morrisons - the better way to shop and save- are clearing out the RID Warrior class toys. They're £6. Wooo
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Entertainer not only have that Silver Knight Optimus (Deluxe sized, so probably a Voyager) and Classics-ish Grimlock (Voyager sized, so probably a Supreme) for £17.49 but they also have the Kre-O Devastator vs. Ironhide set for £24.99 (down from £99.99 apparently).

Also half-price AoE stuff, but only the quick transform rubbish.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

The Entertainer have the AOE Voyagers we missed out on when the movie line first did the rounds listed on their website at £23 a piece.
Not too fussed by Galvatron but could go for Hound. I'll probably wait and see if they turn up in B&M at half the price as the other Generations Voyagers have.
B&M seem to be picking up a lot of the Generations lines which for one reason or another never made it to UK retail first time round. We've had the data disk 2 packs, Voyagers (Springer, Sandstorm, Whirl, Roadbuster, Blitzwing, SkyByte, Rhinox and Brainstorm) and Leader Jetfire. Is there any chance of the Generations Deluxes making an appearance?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hound's a good mould but I'd really recommend the bootleg - size somewhere between an '07 Voyager and a Leader, metal cab, cigar and still cheaper than UK RRP.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

UK Toys R Us have a Prime Voyager doublepack of Classics Optimus and Evasion Optimus (in a movie colour scheme that makes him the right colours in robot mode but misses the point by doing the same to the truck mode) for twenty quid, which isn't bad for a couple of solid Prime moulds. Also have all those weird AoE Dinobot "Then & Now" sets for £8.

They also have Trypticon for £200, Perceptor and Blaster for something like £130 and the Coneheads for £90, all of which are hilarious prices, and they all look strangely cheap. TF plastic just seems to be an odd rubbery matt texture now?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I actually stuck my head into Southampton TRU the weekend before last and saw Trypticon, Perceptor/Blaster and Sunstorm. My immediate thought was "I should probably tell Cliffy so he can laugh at the prices" but I got distracted by Jamie ****ing Vardy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm pretty sure if I emptied all the cereals in the kitchen into tupperware boxes and bought an Action Master off ebay I could make a Blaster. Was actually very very briefly interested until I remembered that Perceptor looks nothing like Perceptor.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Considering the size of both Blaster and Perceptor, is Trypticon really £70 bigger?

I suspect that'll be a wait for stock to be reduced heavily game for anyone who wants them.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He might have been £170 now (he's not on the website) I think about it, but it really was ridiculous pricing either way. The Coneheads actually seemed to be an 'offer' price as they were with the other specials; £30 each isn't toooo bad if you're after all three G1 Coneheads anyway. Reissue pricing should be a no-brainer but in all of those cases I'd be tempted to take my chances on getting something cheaper and vintage

It's a shame because those are all big ticket items that are just going to pull in absolutely no casual buys whatsoever; it's insane to try bricks-n-mortar reissues of that kind of size and price. Just sling the Season 1-2 cast out at the Voyager price point; no-one's going to go "Hey, Blaster was kinda cool in the bits of the movie I remember, I'll put down £130 on him".
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'd like paper diorama's of various scenes from TF:TM, in much the same way you could buy those intricate paper theatres years ago for kids to play with.

All these toys are cool, but I'd really fancy a 3D cut out scene of Magnus, Perceptor, Springer and co. standing about just as the Deception's hit Autobot city.

Re-enact Hound and Sunstreaker's pisstaking poses behind Prime as he steps off the ship.

Or a 3D whirlpool of Sharkticons with Kranix suspended in mid-air on a bit of string. I'd love that!

And all of these being various scenes you could swap out in your re-enactment of TF:TM the stage play (£19.95 for stage plus four scenes with appropriate characters. Additional scenes and characters sold separately).

I wonder if that would sell more than a £200 Trypticon?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To get you started, ToyHax have made some lovely-looking "toy stages" - http://toyhax.com/75-toy-stages - planning on getting one for my MPs once I have a display case sorted.

One thing that I do think Hasbro should maybe explore for cheap nostalgia buyers (and for us) is 3 3/4" non-transforming figures, the same size as Star Wars and the like. Poseable animation (and/or comic)-model accurate versions of all your favourites in carded and playset flavours; plenty of repaint/retool possibilites. The "HYE LOL THIS TRANFORMER DON'T TRANFORM!!!" thing sailed a long time ago, why not do Action Masters again with modern tech and a nostalgia-courting release model? GI Joe managed to squeeze out modern figures of nobodies like Crazy Legs and Lift Ticket this way, surely Transformers could get us a set of poseable Wreckers?