Masterpiece Datsuns Head Removal

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rack 'n Ruin

Masterpiece Datsuns Head Removal

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Has anyone here managed to take apart the head on one of the MP Datsuns, KO or otherwise?

I have a new KO MP Smokescreen, and I'd like to touch up some ropey paint on the side of his head behind the crest. Ideally I'd remove the head from the figure and strip it into its component parts for ease of access. However, removing the only screw in the back of the head seems to have no effect. There is a pin going through the head from side to side, towards the neck. Does that preclude head removal? I'm loathe to use too much force for fear of breaking the figure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(BTW, seems I've lost the kitbashing forum. Am I going mad, or has there been a shuffling of the cards? Probably around 2009 or so, and I'm just that observant...)
Wreck and Rule!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, the creative forum no longer exists on account of we never used it. This forum is fine for kitbashing questions, I think.

As far as the head goes, you can knock the pin out if you're willing to attack your toy with a tiny screwdriver/pin punch and a hammer (TFW has a how-to on it, I think). It's a bit scary the first few times but not actually all that difficult. I've never disassembled this mold myself, though, so I'm not sure if that's all you'll need to do or if the head itself is glued together.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Forum's still there, it's just blocked to anyone who names their Blue Bluestreak after a crap Chevrolet.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

:(

(To make it worse, I actually drive a Chevy Cobalt.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be fair I was referring to the Chevy Autobot rather than the car.