MP and 3P? Now you can buy the REAL Optimus Prime & Bumblebee!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

MP and 3P? Now you can buy the REAL Optimus Prime & Bumblebee!

Post by Auntie Slag »

This month at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ, the customized 1992 Peterbilt 379 of Optimus Prime from the Transformers series and director Michael Bay's own 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS for Bumblebee will cross the block. The company will sell both with no reserve, and they'll come with letters of authenticity.
This specific Bumblebee is the mean-looking restomod from Transformers: Age of Extinction, the fourth instalment in the franchise, and Bay apparently liked it enough to hang onto the aggressive coupe after filming. He even autographed the car for this sale. The Camaro would make a great star in a Hollywood chase scene with its LS3 V8, six-speed manual gearbox, Wilwood brakes, and custom suspension. Bumblebee also wears a menacing satin black body with yellow accents and custom carbon fiber fender flares.
Optimus Prime's Peterbilt appeared on-screen in the first three Transformers films, the auction house's spokesperson Aaron Cook told Autoblog. An Autobot emblem sits proudly on top of the grille, and the truck wears a flame paintjob. Barrett-Jackson's description says that the semi is fully functioning but no longer street legal and is now for display only. It would likely be the ultimate piece in anyone's Transformers collection.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/opt ... ocid=iehrs

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Note to self: submit geewun nerdrage WWTF article about how they're not the REAL Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Nerdrage would be an excellent name for a new character!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Note to self: submit geewun nerdrage WWTF article about how they're not the REAL Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
Shut up and loan me 700K to bid on Prime.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Dollars? I've got £20, that'll cover it right?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's worth remembering that film vehicles are almost never one offs. Bumblebee might actually be (only used fairly briefly in one film and a vintage car), but they'll have had multiple Prime trucks for the first three films. It's slightly dishonest of auctions like this to not clarify this, anyone who buys is going to be pissed if a more prominently used/a cheaper one comes up six months later (and this sort of thing has happened before, how many times has THE DB5 from Goldfinger been sold?).

It doesn't even say if this was the main "Hero" truck for any of the films.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

This is the only Hero Truck I know:

(I quite want one, anyway)
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Dollars? I've got £20, that'll cover it right?
I haven't checked the conversion rates lately, but I believe £20 ~ $700k is about right.