I'm so pissed off right now.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Ryan F wrote:I love it so much I have three (CW, UW and SDCC Bling-astator).
You're a menace to yourself and everyone around you and I regret to say I'm gonna have to notify the authorities.

Expect a visit from the Midnighter within the next week.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Skyquake87 wrote:This thread is amazing.

Transformers being so awesome right now is why I'm buying Lego. At least if the sets aren't up to much, I can build them into something else that I like. I haven't found out how to do that with Transformers without turning them into a shattered mess of further disappointment or melty blobs of noxious goo. Which is kind of cool, but not really what I'm looking for in a Transforming robot toy.
You'd be surprised by how many people make a living turning ugly Transformers into even uglier customs and selling them on ebay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

..no I wouldn't. There's loads of horrible dry brushed monstrosities with silly price tags on there.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I made the mistake of ordering it from my LCS and even though I am under no legal obligation to buy it from same store, the owner has been really great to me over the years I've been going there that it is not worth costing him a 100% guarantee sale that he might not get given how expensive and big the damn thing is and by the fact that the time he gets anyone who might come in the store who might actually afford it and want it will already have it, since Diamond and/or Hasbro is dragging their feet on it.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Hound

Post by Hound »

It arrived! It's a few days earlier than expected. Not that I'm complaining.

He sits combined upon my desk next to me as I type this. I've transformed them about 2 times into each mode. There's not really any surprises as I'd watched enough reviews to get a sense for all the shortcomings the set has but there is a few things I didn't notice in the reviews. Scavenger's head looks like an 8-bit rendered face and Hook really doesn't want to hold together very well.

It's a bit of a pain to get everything lined up and plugged together when combining it but I think that's a necessity as it functions to give him a very solid and stable combined form. You can pick him up with one hand and hold him in any orientation and nothing flops around or comes apart.

That and it's just a really good looking Devastator. I know that the individual robots suffer quite a bit and it's true but most of the complaining seems to come from the lack of elbows which is only actually the case with Scrapper and Long Haul. Really the only thing that I just don't like is Mixmaster. I don't get why they didn't make his alt mode look like the G1 toy and the drum hanging off his back in robot mode is an eyesore.

I've been wanting a modern looking Devastator for a long time now and I'm very glad to have one finally.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, first impression is he's not that bad-looking. Haven't played with it at all, but it looks all right.

This small child size comparison picture probably isn't as amusing as the one for Metroplex, but whyyyy not.
Attachments
IMG_2170.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

WELL SO LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY.:nonono:
Hound wrote:I know that the individual robots suffer quite a bit and it's true but most of the complaining seems to come from the lack of elbows which is only actually the case with Scrapper and Long Haul.
My Long Haul has elbows and they really don't do much to improve it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

HOLY **** WHEN DID SHE GET LIKE 7 OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Glad you like him, Hound :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

She's 2! She's some kind of giant, I think...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Which one is Devastator?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I typed that out in my previous post but thought better of it and deleted it.

Good to know you're here to pick up the slack.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well they're both colour coordinated.

And obviously perfect in every way.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...one has better elbows though
Sades

Post by Sades »

Devastator is the one who doesn't leave bits of food in their wake.

(Well, I assume)
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!