WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE TF5 TOYLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

are you? probably not right?

YES
20%
NO
80%

Total votes: 5

tfforlife12

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE TF5 TOYLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tfforlife12 »

I am who else is?
Iron Warrior

Post by Iron Warrior »

To be fair, after the AoE toyline expectation are rather low.
tfforlife12

Post by tfforlife12 »

Yes,i know the last line was bad that's why i have my other thread tf toyline forgotten by hasbro,but maybe with more simple designs we'll have better toys.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd be surprised if there's actually a huge amount of product TBH after two lines that outright flopped; the most sensible thing would be to feed a mix of new moulds and repaints into Generations - similar to the Japanese AoE line. Hasbro are probably making more at the box office than they are from the shelves with the movie figures by now; must be really tempting to eliminate all the costs and hassle of producing another slightly different version of Optimus and Bumblebee and keep focused on their own thing.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm honestly more excited for the new Pokemon from Build-A-Bear that's coming out next month, and that the Pokeball hoodie from said line will probably fit on my brother's cat (who is used to wearing weird shit because my sister in law dresses him up all the time, stoplookingatmelikethat).

I think Titans return/CW were much better than any of the movie toys.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I'm not seeing a particularly big toy line but admittedlybthe advantage of having RiD airing on a bigger network like CN may help get more kids into see the movie and thus buy more toys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I'd be surprised if there's actually a huge amount of product TBH after two lines that outright flopped; the most sensible thing would be to feed a mix of new moulds and repaints into Generations - similar to the Japanese AoE line. Hasbro are probably making more at the box office than they are from the shelves with the movie figures by now; must be really tempting to eliminate all the costs and hassle of producing another slightly different version of Optimus and Bumblebee and keep focused on their own thing.
Yeah, definitely. Chuck out toys of the new characters under whatever CHUG's called this week, sticking a "Last Knight" (still can't not sing that to the Strokes) sticker on the front. And maybe just reissue previous Primes and Bumblebees in the same range for any newer viewers who fancy one but can't pay aftermarket prices.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

^That.

I think we've all had enough movie toys now. AOE being a huge shelf-warmer everywhere might have Hasbro thinking about a slimmer offering.

But probably not and there'll be a glut of 3-step, 1-Step, Legion and chunky non-transforming bits of crap in identical packaging coming to a toy aisle near you soon.

I was looking at Star Wars toys in my local Asda today and liked that the 3.75" scale was a mix of characters from all over the place in the SW Universe...but then was puzzled that some of those same characters were packaged again in black boxes with fewer accessories at a slightly higher price point. They look like those Black Series 6" things (which they also had - and at £22, that's killed any impulse to buy from me, despite how good the likes of Phasma looked). I didn't get it. Put it in a fancy box and charge more? Is that how that works?
tfforlife12

Post by tfforlife12 »

honestly I was just seeing people would comment because i could give two shits about the toy line after aoe.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...not what your post implied, but hey ho.

I'd be more excited, but the movie lines for both DOTM and AOE didn't do anything for me. The smaller scaling and lack of finishing compared to the stellar ROTF/NEST/HFTD lines was disappointing to me (although understandable). Plus, y'know, all those Bumblebees....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeah, the shrinking is what finally broke it off to me. DOTM was right on the cusp for me with the Deluxe cars like the Wreckers who lost an inch or two to make room for those silly spring weapons but Drift and Crosshairs were just too much of a level-breaker for a shelf line-up compared to ROTF Sideswipe or 07 Bumblebee to the extent that I cleared most of them out. I would suspect any new figures of Drift, Crosshairs and Rodimus that are proper detailed transforming toys will either be the same size (probably repaints for the samurai and the gunslinger) or fractionally smaller so it's difficult to see myself spending any money on them.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Yeah, definitely. Chuck out toys of the new characters under whatever CHUG's called this week, sticking a "Last Knight" (still can't not sing that to the Strokes) sticker on the front. And maybe just reissue previous Primes and Bumblebees in the same range for any newer viewers who fancy one but can't pay aftermarket prices.
But, if they reissue previous Primes and Bees, any shrinking of the rest of the cast would be more noticeable.

Did the AoE line actually flop, in terms of selling less than RiD or Gen, or did they just make more than necessary? If they made, say, 3 times as many AoE Crosshairs as they did RiD Steeljaws, but only sold twice as many, Crosshairs would shelfwarm and appear to be a failure.

I ended up buying a lot more AoE toys than I planned on, but much of that was Power Battlers on clearance. I already own plenty of movie style cars that turn into vehicles, and they're bigger and probably better than what's coming for TF5. Unless there's something wildly different, like AoE Dinobots, I probably won't get as many TF5 toys.

AoE did setup the plot about looking for the creators. I'd like to see a movie style Quintesson judge. It'd fit in with the movie lines' love of non-transforming figures.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
tfforlife12

Post by tfforlife12 »

^
SOME LIKE POKEMON! SOME LIKE STAR WARS! BUT I LIKE TRANSFORMERSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Oh boy, I can't wait for the shelves to be flooded with Bumblebees and stores skipping subsequent waves because they can't get rid of them.

I swear, Bumblebee should be the next character to be killed off. Optimus Prime too, but that's just wishful thinking.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Tetsuro wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait for the shelves to be flooded with Bumblebees and stores skipping subsequent waves because they can't get rid of them.

I swear, Bumblebee should be the next character to be killed off. Optimus Prime too, but that's just wishful thinking.
He's already dead. Expect a revival in a few hours
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Tetsuro wrote:I swear, Bumblebee should be the next character to be killed off. Optimus Prime too, but that's just wishful thinking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If we get stuff like the current run of classics--which are smaller and lighter but still good fun toys (I have an erection for Blurr I never thought would be possible!)--I'll be happy because I'm a mad old singleton with money to burn. Actual kids are going to be ****ed regardless though at current prices, so it might be fairer the toys are awful so they're not missing out.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well if the bad selections aren't killing the brand here - it's nearly impossible to find anything that isn't one of those two or three step changers or one of those giant, non-transforming vinyl "action figures", either way the toys they actually do stock here are pretty shite - the prices certainly are. Ten dollars for freakin' Legends class!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I used to love the Movie figures. I have loads of them. There are good figures from all Movie lines, but transformation design peaked with ROTF (but many were a bit too fiddly and complex to really be great fun!), and the fun/transformation balance was best at DOTM in my opinion (although they shrunk a bit). AoE was overall a massive disappointment though, and as such I'm not really expecting to want to pick up many from TF5. (And that's just the toy designs - the character selection available was pretty terrible too, given there were only three named 'Decepticons / bad robots' in the movie, and Hasbro released toys of just two of them [one of which was awful - Lockdown of course, just the big bad himself!]. At least Takara released Stinger, even if he was just a straight Bumblebee repaint.)

Besides, I'm sure I read some Hasbro exec or some-such saying that they didn't plan to do much of a line for TF5, and that Generations (Classics) were really where sales were at?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
tfforlife12

Post by tfforlife12 »

yeah i read about that to im kind of glad there focusing more on the generation line for once.
SOME LIKE POKEMON! SOME LIKE STAR WARS! BUT I LIKE TRANSFORMERSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!