General IDW *NON-SPOILER* discussion

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

There has been speculation that megs and galvy also were two different characters since galvy has mental problems.He actually might not be the future Megatron only thinks he is like someone who thinks he is george washington or Jesus Christ.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yep, I think Sunny and Swipey are experiments, created by Jhiaxus but not knowing that they are, and it will be revealed in Revelations: Sideswipe. That would make a good story.

On the other hand, it is not too hard to introduce Hunter's sibling without any fuss. Prime example: Marvel's Spike Witwicky, created for Fort Max.

I know this sounds dumb, but what is Hail and Farewell?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Prowl1984

spotlight volume 1 tpb frustration

Post by Prowl1984 »

ok, i've recently decided to start buying the IDW G1 tpb's. i had no trouble in acquiring infiltration, a simple amazon marketplace jobbie, but when it came to ordering Spotlight V1 and Stormbringer they were either unavailable or would take loads of time to arrive. stormbringer's taking about 7 weeks from forbidden planet and i just can't seem to get hold of Spotlight unless i order from the states which i prefer not to do. my local comicbook shop doesn't have them and neither do any of the ones in cardiff. it seems to be that these are the only two that aren't easily available, does anyone happen to know if they're being reprinted or something?

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, stuff'll get reprinted -- IDW's generally very good about keeping material in circulation... it's likely to be a problem with communication between the Diamond Books distribution folks (which is separate from the comics division) and the publisher. Means there's a bit of a gap before new stock is ordered. Plus Amazon's communication with warehouses is, in and of itself, quite prone to delays.

I can mail someone and try to find out if they actually are in print -- if you live near one it's worth showing the ISBN number to a local bookstore who can order things in, as this may just be Amazon's organisation.

Likewise Infiltration seems to be out of stock for Amazon UK, but in for Amazon US.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

When I was getting a couple of the books, including Spotlight V1 as Christmas presents I found it impossible to get Escalation and had to go via Ebay in the end.

[I'm going to move this into new comics, but not merge it with the pre-existing volume 1 thread incase people avoiding spoilers want to ask about availability as well]
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

ahh cheers for the info! looks like i'll have to wait it out! unfortunately there aren't any "local" bookstores near me asides from major ones like waterstones who have failed to acquire it1 may take the isbn into WHSmith though and see if they have any luck!

Hunter S.Thompson
inflatable dalek

And now I think of it, my Mate has had to make his last few purchases from his local Forbidden Planet, the normal bookshops don't seem to be carrying the IDW trades at all now (I think something about distribution rights with regards to titan's stuff was mentioned a while back, can't recall exactly though).
Dinobot

IDW & Marvel - Do They Fit Together?

Post by Dinobot »

Haven't read IDW yet - can it be fitted in with the Marvel series (or any other continuity for that matter) or is it its own universe?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

No.

No way, shape or form.

Complete reboot.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Good to know.:up:
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Prowl1984

Have IDW tpb's vanished off the face of the earth?

Post by Prowl1984 »

why is it so goddamn hard toget hold of spotlight volume 1 and escalation in tpb??? it's driving me up the wall, i got infiltration and stormbringer easily but i just can't get hold of the other two, not even ebay or IDW have them. does anyone know of any other channels i can go through asides from amazon and forbidden planet international?

Hunter S.Thompson
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

BarnesandNoble.com worked for me a few weeks back.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Old Peter
Protoform

Post by Old Peter »

I got mine a month ago from Borders.com.

Old Peter
inflatable dalek

They're still hard to get in the UK? I had a similar problem getting Escalation as a Christmas present, went down the Ebay route in the end. I'd just assumed it was between print runs.
-Mainframe-
Protoform

Post by -Mainframe- »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Steve doesn't tend to stock TPBs...
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

cheers guys, just ordered spotlight volume 1 from borders, just need to get escalation on payday or when i go to london next week and i'll be sorted! they're the only two that seem to be constantly out of stock!

Hunter S.Thompson
Grufflock

Anybody else done with IDW?

Post by Grufflock »

I've just finished Spotlight:Sideswipe, and I loved it. I could spend ages talking about what was good and what was not, but I think thats been covered a fair bit.

As all that seems to be coming out for a while now is AHM and Movieverse stuff, I think I'm gonna take a backseat and wait until Maxy Dinos gets out there. AHM, IMHO is not worth the monthy buy, and I've never really been a fan of the movie comics.

Unless AHM starts giving out free IDW-based Classic Fortress Maximus......

Thoughts?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Grufflock wrote:
As all that seems to be coming out for a while now is AHM and Movieverse stuff, I think I'm gonna take a backseat and wait until Maxy Dinos gets out there.
Well, you won't be taking backseat for too long really - it arrives early December.

Revelation - Well, given the restraints it had to overcome, the first two issues were quite enjoyable I thought, while the last two (to echo so many others and myself) should've went towards the more obvious choices of characters to spotlight. The unexpected appearance of - what I'm slowly coming to admit as - an ill-conceived plot-device (< lacking a proper word here) that showed up out of nowhere didn't help matters, I felt. As far as how it could've been executed - ehhhh - I'm feeling lazy, and Dalek explained it well in the Sideswipe thread. It was fine though.

As for AHM....Yeah, its complete bilge, if not semi-decent eye candy. But the masochist is me is curious as to how McCarthy will handle the Autobots in the next two issues (though this Drift fellow doesn't interest me in the slightest). To me, AHM is like walking past a scene of a gory accident - it's gruesome, but I can't help but look. I've set the bar pretty low, anyway. I won't be completely taken off guard if it resorts to the usual Sunbowisms and machismo characterisations. Might get a good laugh out of it.