The Bali Bombings

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tempest

The Bali Bombings

Post by Tempest »

Now i tihk there would be only a few people in here who would actually give a damn about this but it got to be said. As many of you dont or dont know on October the 12th 1 year, 1 month, 1 day afyer Sept. 11 a Bali Bar was attacked and blown up in Indonesia, in the blast where 89 austalians killed, 238 Indonesians dead, i think it was 11 English (Grimlock will probally know) and others from around the world. Now in the club was a Western Australian team celebtraiting the Grand Final victory in the the Footy League (AFL) and when the bomb went off only 6/18 players came home that night all of them badly burned. Today the main suspect Amrozi was given the death Pentality and i for one am torn between hope and disbelief.

This is my personal opinion, he is to be killed by firing range, i am happy he is getting punished but i dont not like the method. I think he should be burned at the stake, i was invovled in a petition to organize this but the sentance was already made before we could send it off. (16578 People signed it, all friends and family, and people who were touched by the commitment of the survivors. 90% of the people are happy with his sentance and are hoping taht it will be done.

If you have anything to say, post away
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

he is getting the punishemnt laid out by the law of that land. Hes going to burn in hell anyways so why bother wasting precious firewood?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

In his f*cked mind he is being sent to paridaise with 14 virgins waiting for him, and he is allowed in 'paridise if he becomes a martar and if they kill him he will become a martar. every time he talks aboutwhat he did he is always smiling, he has no remorse what so ever, he is glad about what he has done, if he is killed he will get what he wants, if he isnt he will make people angry just thinking that he is still alive.
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

Personally, I think he's getting off light!

Err, are you sure it was an AFL team? The Lions have won it the last 2 seasons ...

Welcome to the TFArchive!
Here you'll be treated with dignity and respect ...
Now strip naked and get on the probulator!
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

It was disgusting how he relished in the court's ruling of death. What was more disgusting of how he drove normal peaceful people with husbands, mothers, fathers, wives, children and the such into lonely hate-filled people who seem to mimic the attitude of the condemmed in wishing for a slow and painful end.

This is one prime reason why humanity as a whole would benefit from an absolute abolishment of all religions, where fundamentalists could no longer excuse and justify their actions in the name of their god against the heathens who do not 'bask in his glory and rulings'

This solves nothing, it just creates more hate......
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Put him in jail till he dies.

Post by Zombie Dave »

Seriously.

It's the logical solution.
Jim

Re: Put him in jail till he dies.

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
Seriously.

Leaving him Jail to rot would be a better punishment than sending him on his way to his paradise. Honestly, that would take that smile right off his face...
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I remember this story coming out, and since I don't remember the specifics of the situation I can't properly comment on whether the man deserves the death penalty, but a firing squad is barbaric enough in this day and age...burning at the stake would cause a massive international backlash, guaranteed.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
=...burning at the stake would cause a massive international backlash, guaranteed.

so did killing innocent people

and Blues i meant AFL as a sport not as the league, the team was Kngsley football club in Madigton, a suburb of Perth.

And Prowl? i agree with you 100% totally on that one, in the better cause all religion should be abolished, look in the Middle East, they have Suicde bombings all of the time all because of there religion.

Plus yesterday there was another attack in Jakarta, Indonesia, i think the australian embassy was there or something
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

Originally posted by Prowl?

This is one prime reason why humanity as a whole would benefit from an absolute abolishment of all religions, where fundamentalists could no longer excuse and justify their actions in the name of their god against the heathens who do not 'bask in his glory and rulings'

While this is a good solution, but the irony in this is that most religions are holding most of their followers back, imagine what would happen if there was no damnation or Hell for these people to fear?
Lord Zarak

Re: Put him in jail till he dies.

Post by Lord Zarak »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
Seriously.

True.

Doesnt make a marytr of him, which is what he wants.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
all religion should be abolished, look in the Middle East, they have Suicde bombings all of the time all because of there religion.

People will always and forever commit desperate acts based on what they believe in. Many religious zealots act based not on the fear of hell, but on the incentive of instantaneous admission to heaven.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

And Prowl? i agree with you 100% totally on that one, in the better cause all religion should be abolished, look in the Middle East, they have Suicde bombings all of the time all because of there religion.

WRONG VERY VERY WRONG

I come from Islam but am I a terrorist or a suicide bomber? No I am not. This comment was very insulting. Just because of 10 % of the extermist population all of Islam is to blame? Hell No. The Koran is up for interperation for each different people, and each person has his or her own interpertaion. Saying that all Muslims are suicide bombers is wrong and I demand an apology for this insult.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Cloud - while I don't personally agree with Tempest's comments, your interpretation is inaccurate and out of line. Nowhere does Tempest suggest that all Muslims are violent or terrorists - you're basically reading what you want to read. What Tempest ACTUALLY said is, "in the Middle East, they have Suicde bombings all of the time all because of there religion." This suggests that many bombings take place because of religion (which is largely accurate), not that all religious people are suicide bombers. No apology from Tempest is in order; you, on the other hand, simply need to be less eager to label non-Muslim board members as racists or bigots, period.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Sorry But I may have worded that wrong. What I meant was that Islam does not support suicide bombers and nowhere is written that they would be supported, in fact it condones suicide and you will be cast in hell. I may have worded that wrong so I apologize for my error.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

OK, that's perfectly fair. Thank you for clarifying.

Oh, and incidentally - "condones" means "approves of" or "forgives", so you might want to edit your last message accordingly.