Damn Final Fantasy VII fanboys...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
Never mess with an FF fan. :D

For they will bore you to death with vs polls, and propoganda about how FF is the best RPG ever, and Japan is like, l337 d00d.

I've played FF7, and I wasn't overly impressed. There are much better PC RPGs out there, including Baldur's Gate, even though that's not really a proper RPG either. I consider Deus Ex a better RPG than FF7, although it's more a mixture of a ton of genres.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Never Heard of Deux Ex but heard of Balder's Gate. Didn't like it much. Diablo II was good though, except the graphics suck. I prefer Age of Empire/Age of Mythology series better.

I for one never mentioned it was the best RPG or anything like that. Maybe your generalizing to much?
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

I'm not going to get into some big arguement over which game is better or why FF is good or why Link sucks or whatever.

I happen like to the FF series BUT I do agree with most you on the fact of some people who play nothing but Final Fantasy all day and therefore have no idea what some good RPG's are really like. I'm more of a RPG fan that I am FF fan. I've played a lot of different RPG's in my time. Such as Blader's Gate. Legend of Dragoon, Diablo II, Xenosaga, The Zelda series and so on. Some I liked and some I didn't.

The thing is you can all sit here and whine and complain about all those "FF Fanboys" but I could go ahead and do the exact same thing here about all of those Megatron wannbes or those Rodimus Prime haters or why Soundwave is cooler than Blaster or whatever. BUT I DON"T.

It all comes down to personal perference and opinons, which I have no problem with. You don't have to agree with me and I'm glad if some of you don't because at least that show me that some of you have a mind of your own. I never said that FF was better than other games either. You would realize that if any of you bothered to read my previous post.

But instead, you focused on one little part of it. Which was a joke because one of my favourite games happenes to be Zelda: A Link to The Past. Just because I don't like the same things that some of you all do, doesn't make me better or worse than all of you.

I respect all of your opinons even if I don't agree with them. I expect the same from all of you.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Amarant Odinson
I'm not going to get into some big arguement over which game is better or why FF is good or why Link sucks or whatever.

I happen like to the FF series BUT I do agree with most you on the fact of some people who play nothing but Final Fantasy all day and therefore have no idea what some good RPG's are really like. I'm more of a RPG fan that I am FF fan. I've played a lot of different RPG's in my time. Such as Blader's Gate. Legend of Dragoon, Diablo II, Xenosaga, The Zelda series and so on. Some I liked and some I didn't.

The thing is you can all sit here and whine and complain about all those "FF Fanboys" but I could go ahead and do the exact same thing here about all of those Megatron wannbes or those Rodimus Prime haters or why Soundwave is cooler than Blaster or whatever. BUT I DON"T.

It all comes down to personal perference and opinons, which I have no problem with. You don't have to agree with me and I'm glad if some of you don't because at least that show me that some of you have a mind of your own. I never said that FF was better than other games either. You would realize that if any of you bothered to read my previous post.

But instead, you focused on one little part of it. Which was a joke because one of my favourite games happenes to be Zelda: A Link to The Past. Just because I don't like the same things that some of you all do, doesn't make me better or worse than all of you.

I respect all of your opinons even if I don't agree with them. I expect the same from all of you.

For the amount that you bitch at me for not taking jokes......
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Originally posted by Blaster

Just wanted to mention...
Originally posted by Amarant Odinson
Who cares?? Link still sucks. ;) :p

Has a ";)" and a ":p", showing that it is obviously a joke, and he is kidding.
So does your Flaming Red Homo-erotic friend in your sig pic. He got his ass kicked by a punk with a tail.

Has nothing resembling a ;) or :p in it. Nothing signifying it is a joke whatsoever.

I believe that is why he got annoyed, because you took what he said as a joke, turned it around, and proceeded to insult his sig pic. It seemed like you were taking his joke seriously...

Im not trying to take sides, here, as I despise both final fantasy and zelda... ;) <--- (joke), I just wanted to point out that

is kind of ironic, considering you seemed to not be taking his joke, and taking it seriously ;)
He's alive. Go figure.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I agree with Vin now, we need an "Irony" smiley
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
For that to work though, we need to teach some people what irony is first. ;) :D
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Yeah, ive wanted one for a while, jsut never mentioned it. the thing is, what the heck would an irony smile DO/look like? I mean, ironys kind of hard to picture...
He's alive. Go figure.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

If you need smilies to tell you that a shot at a Video Game character's sexuality is a joke then you really either don't know me or need help mentally.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

If you need smilies to tell you that a shot at a Video Game character's sexuality is a joke then you really either don't know me or need help mentally.

Firstly, I realized that it was a joke. That doesnt mean other would, and then you flame him because he took it seriously, despite the fact there really wasnt much indication that it WAS a joke... not only no smileys,
then you really either don't know me
Your right, I dont know you very well. From what I had seen of you I figured you were more likely to post a flame than a joke after seeing a comment you disagreed with, sorry for... mis-judging, you.
He's alive. Go figure.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Civility people.. no need to turn this into a flame war..
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

If you guys want to play the BEST and i mean the BEST RPG's EVER, go and download the SNES Emulators and have a go at the Megaman X series, and Secret of Mana. From secret of Mana, Link and and the FF series were created, and i dont care what you say it was, ill bet you all 100 to prove me wrong, both Link and FF where created from the same game, they just toook the two different concepts of it, and made new series for it. But there is something, the origanal Link on NES was a different format to the newer verison,s for a i have played nearly every single Link game out there, except the GC ones, there just absolute sh!t, but the FF series cmoes form this game. The secret of Mana was origanally going to be on the NES in 91 but it was decided to go ahead and put it no the SNES. Both SOM and the FF series where created form Squaresoft and the Link series just decide to adapt. that is my two cents
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡

If you guys want to play the BEST and i mean the BEST RPG's EVER, go and download the SNES Emulators and have a go at the Megaman X series, and Secret of Mana. From secret of Mana, Link and and the FF series were created, and i dont care what you say it was, ill bet you all 100 to prove me wrong, both Link and FF where created from the same game, they just toook the two different concepts of it, and made new series for it. But there is something, the origanal Link on NES was a different format to the newer verison,s for a i have played nearly every single Link game out there, except the GC ones, there just absolute sh!t, but the FF series cmoes form this game. The secret of Mana was origanally going to be on the NES in 91 but it was decided to go ahead and put it no the SNES. Both SOM and the FF series where created form Squaresoft and the Link series just decide to adapt. that is my two cents

What are you babbling on about. But from what I can translate you're a nut job.

The Original Zelda: 1986

The Original Final Fantasy: In Japan: 1987 In US: 1990

The Secret of Mana: 1993/1994

Now please explain to me how these two games where copying a game that didn't hit market until atleast 7 years after they were made.

If anything was copied the Legend of Zelda was copied, but it wasn't. Two totally diffrent Ideas, game styles and story lines. One is always changing with every game and one is somewhat continuous. The fact you think that the Zelda games suck baffles me since only one was horrible, had bad graphics for their time, had a bad story and wasn't liked.

Also Mega-Man isn't an RPG thought the newer GBA ones are the ones from anything before this wasn't.

I suggest you actually think before you post every now and again. It works wonders for me.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Secret of Mana: 1993/1994
Secret of Man was orignally supposed to come out in 91, but was delayed, Secret of Mana is Japanese (big Suprise there) but its origanal name was SEIKEN DENSETSU 2 which if you translate it is 'The Legend of the Holy Sword' but the first one SEIKEN DENSETSU 1 is where it got it origanal ideas from, and that was created in 1987.

And you right Megaman isnt RPG, well not back then, but its one of my favs.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
Secret of Man was orignally supposed to come out in 91, but was delayed, Secret of Mana is Japanese (big Suprise there) but its origanal name was SEIKEN DENSETSU 2 which if you translate it is 'The Legend of the Holy Sword' but the first one SEIKEN DENSETSU 1 is where it got it origanal ideas from, and that was created in 1987.

And you right Megaman isnt RPG, well not back then, but its one of my favs.

91 still means it's atleast 1 year late. And if the Original came out in 87 it's a year late for Zelda. Either way your entire arguement on the subject is toast because Zelda came out before any others and 86 was the American release I couldn't find the Japanese release, you can bet it was earliar still. Thus Zelda was the first and if anything was the one copied.

But as nothing was copied and Final Fantasy is the only reason that Squaresoft even still exists I'd take it over SOM anyday especially since the original wasn't released here.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

91 still means it's atleast 1 year late. And if the Original came out in 87 it's a year late for Zelda. Either way your entire arguement on the subject is toast because Zelda came out before any others and 86 was the American release I couldn't find the Japanese release, you can bet it was earliar still. Thus Zelda was the first and if anything was the one copied.

But as nothing was copied and Final Fantasy is the only reason that Squaresoft even still exists I'd take it over SOM anyday especially since the original wasn't released here.
mk, yor right, i wasnt quite sure when Zelda came out, and you probaly right about it being released earlier then in Japan.

As for SOM or Sekien series, i found out that the first one one was the Final Fantasy Adventure, and that i think SOM (Sekien 2) was a different story line from the FF. also there was a SOM 2 (Sekein 3) but was Japanese and never made it to The US. But i found a good english version that has been translated. Theres also a Sekien 4 on the PS2 now but im not sure what it is called now.

And as i said before .... your right, i was wrong
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Look wheater you like it or not Final Fantasy is here to stay. I have never heard of 'master chef' or whatever his name is, what genre is he anyway? I voted for all Final Fantasy characters because I can realte to them on some different levels. I buy games that are Final Fantasy or based on Final Fantasy like Okage: Shadow King, which I am playing right now. I also play Onimushiu Warlords and All Tekkens and most other fighting games I have played all the Zeldas except for the GC one, and almost all of the Megamen. I may not be worldy in ways of the gaming world, but I stick to Final Fantasy because its cool and I can have fun with it. It certenly doesn't suck.

Ok, first off, Master Chief was the star of Halo, which is the most kick ass, take no bull, dominating, balls out game out there, and holds more entertainment value in the pretty designs present in the opening menu than in all of square's previous fifty or so games.

Second, how can anyone relate to those stupid card-board cut outs that square dumps on unsuspecting and shallow fan-boys? Wait, lets see.....

1. you have little social skills and see characters like cloud and Squall doing the whole 'im a bad-ass, keep to myself guy' and figure that you are simillar.

2. You are an utter wuss and cannot win in any situation and have to have stronger people bail you out and you see characters like Yuna and Areis go through the same thing but 'keep their independace' and you want to emulate that within yourself, so you draw a similarity there

3. you are a loud mouth idiot who people only tolerate to see what stupid and moronic thing you might do next and you see characters like Zell, Zidane and Tidus get away with the same ****, yet are seen as 'popular and well liked'. you, wishing for the same, again draw a similarity that does not exsist

As for other games, I couldn't care less about any game coming out of Japan that doesn't have "nintendo" "Namco" "sega" "Konami" or "capcom" on the box, and my capcom and konami tolerance extend only to the castlevania, Resident Evil, Devil may cry, Contra and metal gear series.

Fanboys, take note before you bash, this rant was only in respose to a huge pile of ignorance demonstrated from Cloudstriefer.

It is only my opinion, and alot of you could sucessfuly argue that I have no right to express it.....
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Prowl?

It is only my opinion, and alot of you could sucessfuly argue that I have no right to express it.....

The fact you have obviously played the games to know all the characters personalties means you have a base to stand on and your opinion is valid since you know what you are talking about.

That said, Samus would own Master Chief. ;)
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Originally posted by Prowl?
Ok, first off, Master Chief was the star of Halo, which is the most kick ass, take no bull, dominating, balls out game out there, and holds more entertainment value in the pretty designs present in the opening menu than in all of square's previous fifty or so games.
Ahh, a X-Box game. Sorry I don't touch those with a foot long pole. Playstation and Nitendo for me.

Second, how can anyone relate to those stupid card-board cut outs that square dumps on unsuspecting and shallow fan-boys? Wait, lets see.....

1. you have little social skills and see characters like cloud and Squall doing the whole 'im a bad-ass, keep to myself guy' and figure that you are simillar.

2. You are an utter wuss and cannot win in any situation and have to have stronger people bail you out and you see characters like Yuna and Areis go through the same thing but 'keep their independace' and you want to emulate that within yourself, so you draw a similarity there

3. you are a loud mouth idiot who people only tolerate to see what stupid and moronic thing you might do next and you see characters like Zell, Zidane and Tidus get away with the same ****, yet are seen as 'popular and well liked'. you, wishing for the same, again draw a similarity that does not exsist

Wrong there . I said I realited to them on some levels and didn't describe what levels they were. So please don't talk about what you don't know.

As for other games, I couldn't care less about any game coming out of Japan that doesn't have "nintendo" "Namco" "sega" "Konami" or "capcom" on the box, and my capcom and konami tolerance extend only to the castlevania, Resident Evil, Devil may cry, Contra and metal gear series.

Okage: Shadow King is not one of those so your right about there.
Onimushiu Warlords is one of the Most fun games ever.
Tekken is Namco, so I don't think you know what games Namco produces.

Fanboys, take note before you bash, this rant was only in respose to a huge pile of ignorance demonstrated from Cloudstriefer.

It wasn't a "bash" it was a flame on my values and my ideals. I am certainly not ignorant. It seems you are. I stated in my post that I haven't played many games, and showed you my level of knowledge, yet you see fit to flame me. Wow Oh how I fear your debating skills. Oh its CloudStrifer, if you want to know.
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Ahh, a X-Box game. Sorry I don't touch those with a foot long pole. Playstation and Nitendo for me.

Wrong there . I said I realited to them on some levels and didn't describe what levels they were. So please don't talk about what you don't know.

Okage: Shadow King is not one of those so your right about there.
Onimushiu Warlords is one of the Most fun games ever.
Tekken is Namco, so I don't think you know what games Namco produces.

It wasn't a "bash" it was a flame on my values and my ideals. I am certainly not ignorant. It seems you are. I stated in my post that I haven't played many games, and showed you my level of knowledge, yet you see fit to flame me. Wow Oh how I fear your debating skills. Oh its CloudStrifer, if you want to know.

First, while I might seem to be a hypocrite by saying this due to my unwavering hatred of square, judging a whole system on the merits of one companies name seems awfully ignorant and unintelligent on your part. Wait a minute, I am not a hypocrite, because I actually tried the product I spoke of before I bashed the heck out of it, unlike you as you demonstrated in your first post.

Second, I could honestly care less about your 'reasons and levels' pretaining to those characters, because in my opinion, they are still washed out carboard re-hacks of characters from previous FF games, with a fresh paint of coat on them with every new game released. New garbage, yes. But still garbage.

Okage, I have never played this game, and I probally never will. But I am not hating on it, I am hating on the FF series. So... why did you mention it again??

Omnimusha; a more drawn out and boring version of devil may cry, without any of the bad-assery, style or guns. For crying out loud, the next hero of this series is a Frenchman whos last previous big ticket work was the horrid big budget godzilla movie from the late 90's. Pass.....

Tekken; Tekken 2 and 3 dominated. Then it started seeing sega and capcom's sucess with the VF and marvel VS capcom series and screwed around with the formula too much to emulate those games. Tekken 4 and tekken tag = CRAPOLLA. But soul calibur 1 & 2 own ALL a$s, so namco is still worthy.

Finally, I could care less how to spell your name, because honestly you are a stupid FF fanboy, and the only fanboy that I consider worse than that are Trekkies.

Don't Hate on Halo within my presence, punk....

Originally posted by Blaster:
That said, Samus would own Master Chief.

Master Chief can hack a free-fall from orbit through a huge covenent blockade with nothing but cortana, His armor, his rifle and his balls......

Samus gets taken down and severly weaked by a bunch of mutated slime, and now wets her suit everytime she gets a bit chilly.......

Samus would get 0wNed
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/