Freddy vs Jason!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Freddy vs Jason!

Post by DrSpengler »

It had EVERYTHING!

I was first in line for the first showing on opening day. I made the right choice.

The kills were spectacular. Many were very original while others were remeniscant of previous kills from both franchises. Jason was strong. I mean STRONG. You forget all about Kane Hodder. He was sending the teens FLYING! And Freddy...

Get ready...

THE RETURN OF THE DARK AND EVIL FREDDY KRUEGER!

Yes, he had his typical one-liners and zingers for his victims but this was the original Freddy. No Super Freddy (part 5), no Wicked Witch Freddy (part 6), this Freddy was pure evil. But they didn't forget about his more comical days. They even had him alter a few of his infamous one-liners in the film (they used my FAVORITE one, too!).

The story was very good. I've read half a dozen awful rejected scripts that were almost accepted for the film. I was worried. But this script was perfect. Not only do we get equal shares of Freddy, Jason, Springwood and Crystal Lake, but we get CONTINUITY! It fits in perfectly after the events of Freddy's Dead and Jason Goes to Hell (making good use of the teaser at the end of JGTH). I must give applause to the writer. he did one HELL of a job.

On top of that, we get a Freddy montage at the beginning of the film, ala the Jason montages from parts 4 and 7. Now, it wasn't as good as the montage/music video from the end of Freddy's Dead, but it was perfect for the opening.

And the direction. Wow. Ronny Yu blew me away with his work on Bride of Chucky and now he's earned even more repsect with this film. The atmosphere was perfect. And the kills...they were simply awesome.

I want the score for this movie. The music is an awesome blend of both the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street themes. And they play recognizable music from both series throughout the movie. I swear I heard a version of the F13 disco theme from part 3 somewhere in this movie.

This is it. The movie that's been in production Hell since 1988!

Yeah, it took forever. But believe me, it was worth it!
Jim

Post by Jim »

I'm going to see it tonight - hopefully. :)

I'm glad to hear it didn't suck since I've been skimmin' reviews at work, and it seems like the critics are really raggin' the movie.

We shall see..
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Jim
I'm going to see it tonight - hopefully. :)

I'm glad to hear it didn't suck since I've been skimmin' reviews at work, and it seems like the critics are really raggin' the movie.

We shall see..

When it comes to horror movies, NEVER listen to the critics.

They always hate horror movies, good or bad.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I rather liked Jason X, can't wait to see this installment.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
I rather liked Jason X, can't wait to see this installment.

I liked Jason X up until the kickboxing android in leather. That made me want to shoot myself.
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

Just got in from this movie and I loved it! A perfect mixture of blood, breasts and belly-laughs if I do say so myself. Mind you, anyone see the total Jay rip-off in that stoner character? Kev should sue... Anyhow, Jason was neat even without Kane Hodder under the mask but kinda played second fiddle to Freddy the whole way. I kinda felt this was a Nightmare on Elm Street with a twist of lemon, if you will. "Little Jason" cowering in that hockey mask is a sight not soon forgotten and that "Dark meat" line...a curvball in these PC days, but an hilarious one at that.

Despite this post being incredibly poorly written, the sentiment reamains the same-see this movie!
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Well, if it gets the Spengs and Shraps seal of approval, I'm going to have to go see it. The reviewer in my local paper seemed to "get it" for the most part, and put up a fairly positive review. Check it out...

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stori ... 66503.html

I'll have to catch it some time this weekend. Sounds like I'll like it, especially if it's the Freddy show more than the Jason show. Always was more of a Freddy fan...
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Honestly, did anyone actually expect this movie to get anything but horrible review from the 'serious' critics?

But what did they know, they told me to go watch My big fat greek wedding over Blade 2......
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Jim

Post by Jim »

I wanted to see this movie, but the next showing was at 10:15 - 3 hours later .... Yea, got there at 7 ish. I went to see S.W.A.T instead. I'll have to see the movie tomorrow.
Bluebee
Protoform

Damn funny movie!

Post by Bluebee »

The ending may be predictible (SP?) but it doesn't take away from the fun. I found Jason more or less to be boring but funny, especially when that cheesy Friday the 13th music played (that wierd sound that was used almost everytime he would do something.) Jason fans should know it. The final battle was great, though a little drawn out. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
Reverend Shrapnel

Re: Damn funny movie!

Originally posted by Bluebee
I found Jason more or less to be boring but funny, especially when that cheesy Friday the 13th music played (that wierd sound that was used almost everytime he would do something.) Jason fans should know it.

"Chi! Chi Chi! Ka! Ka! Ka!"
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Actually its ki ki ki ma ma ma as in Killll her mommie kill her!!!
Reverend Shrapnel

That's never an 'm' sound. My bro bangs on about that origina of the whole sound too, but it's blatantly a 'ka' sound...Too harsh for a malooma 'M'..
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Shrapnel
That's never an 'm' sound. My bro bangs on about that origina of the whole sound too, but it's blatantly a 'ka' sound...Too harsh for a malooma 'M'..

ACTUALLY, Harry Manfredini (the compsoer of the original Friday's score) has stated in an interview that it IS "ki ki ki ma ma ma". But the recording effects made it sound like "Chi chi chi ha ha ha". So in all the sequels it was recorded as "Chi chi chi ha ha ha" although it was supposed to be "ki ki ki ma ma ma" as a reference to Pamela's quote "Kill her, Mommy! Kill her!"
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Here is a question for you.

For someone who has never seen a Nightmare on Elm Street or
Friday 13 th movie is there a need to see the 15 (or 16) films to get the plot.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Here is a question for you.

For someone who has never seen a Nightmare on Elm Street or
Friday 13 th movie is there a need to see the 15 (or 16) films to get the plot.

no...it explains it well enough in the beginning
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'll wait for the DVD unfortully since I can't afford to go to the theater anytime in the near future to see anything!
Matrix Reloaded has been all I seen at thaeters this year and that
was the first one in over a year!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Yep it is ki ki ki ma ma ma because Jason as we know loves his mama and if you still need more confirmation visit http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com and ask one of the experts lol
Reverend Shrapnel

My brother has tried to get me to accept this theory on so many occasions but it ain't happening. I'm only arguing for what it is that I hear!
Grendel
Protoform

Post by Grendel »

it was a kick-ass movie, jason and freddy beating the **** out of each other, and a bunch of people die spraying blood like a firehose along the way!, now THATS entertainment! :)
Beer is good.