Ever had a ball about...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster

Ever had a ball about...

Post by Blaster »

7 - 8 inches in diameter.... and 2 - 4 lbs in weight go up about 20 - 30 feet in the air then you intentionally get under the ball and use your forehead to direct the ball forward? I have.... it hurts.

My head is still ringing, and I don't care how badly we need the other team not to score, I will never ever use my head for that again. I feel like I have a concussion.

Anyways how did your day go?
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Yeah, I've been there. I've never taken sports seriously so whenever we played soccer in gym I'd be the clown and try to hit it with my head all the time. I've also taken a lacross ball to the nuts.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

I got tickets to sum 41 and swollen members....

woo00t!
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

During one of our soccer plays, I was standing in front of my team's goal, and guy from rival team shot very hard towards me and the goal. Between the two of us was like 1.5 metres of space.
I wasn't a goalkeeper and I didn't want to have a penalty kick against us, so I defended the goal by taking the ball on my forehead.
Well, it didn't hurt at all. :)
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Ozz
During one of our soccer plays, I was standing in front of my team's goal, and guy from rival team shot very hard towards me and the goal. Between the two of us was like 1.5 metres of space.
I wasn't a goalkeeper and I didn't want to have a penalty kick against us, so I defended the goal by taking the ball on my forehead.
Well, it didn't hurt at all. :)

I'd rather take a shot to the face then a goalie drop kick to the head quite honestly.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

heh heh heh ... in year 6 (good year) i was our goalie, back then i was an idiot, little has changed, anyway when one of the players would come out to me just them and me i would go out and dive at the ball even though they could kick it into my face. I would put my body on the line and i help us get inot the finals, to bad that on that match, one of the bets players in the league kicked it staight into my face, i had concusion but no broken bones ... i did however one time break a fracture a kids shin cause he was being smart, so when i went for the ball i rolled and i knocked him down from underneath ... it was good ...