Fave Legend of Zelda

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Fave Legend of Zelda

Post by Lambda prime »

Out of most video game series this one stands out the most. I always liked the Gameboy's first foray into Zelda - Links awakening it was the first i had played and took a week off my life. Since then ive played to death A Link to the Past, Ocarina Of time, Majoras Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and The Wind Waker but the first Gameboy one was the one that capturesd my imagination. Also Miyamoto has a strange idea for the series future after the end of The wind Waker he said at the end of Ocarina there were two timelines running paralell. One lead to Wind Waker the other to A Link to the past which one where? And if thats the case then Oracles can fit into this timeline...
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

A Link To The Past is ultra-badass...
Back for good... for Evil.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Zelda II, and Ocarina are my favorites.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

An eternal tie between

The Legend of Zelda-my favorite NES game of all time and tied as my favorite game of all time. I had my fondest memories playing it and for a game made almost twenty years ago it still stands strong in every way.

Ocarina of Time-best 3D action game I've ever played. No game has ever interested me nearly as much as this one. The characters, the environment, the controls, the graphics, everything was perfect. It's tied as my all time favorite game.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

I prefer all of them. Heck I am a Zelda-Fan boy! Go Zelda!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Re: Fave Legend of Zelda

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Out of most video game series this one stands out the most. I always liked the Gameboy's first foray into Zelda - Links awakening it was the first i had played and took a week off my life. Since then ive played to death A Link to the Past, Ocarina Of time, Majoras Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and The Wind Waker but the first Gameboy one was the one that capturesd my imagination.

Wow, that's great because that's the exact same way I started with Zelda. Link's Awakening was freakin' awesome, which then led me to play all the others although I have yet to play Oracle of Ages and Seasons. Are they any good?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

A Link to the Past is my favorite. It's just huge. And it rocks. I also like Link's Awakening a lot. I wasn't that impressed with Zelda II. Not played any others, but the first one on the N64 looked a little bit cartoony and silly to me.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
A Link to the Past is my favorite. It's just huge. And it rocks. I also like Link's Awakening a lot. I wasn't that impressed with Zelda II. Not played any others, but the first one on the N64 looked a little bit cartoony and silly to me.

-Ss

Far from it. There aren't any cartoony anime expressions (like in Windwaker). It's actually quite serious. The atmosphere starts out bright but as soon as you finish finding the three jewels it gets very very dark. An awesome game. You're hurting yourself by not playing it.

And I don't think anyone liked Adventure of Link. I remember being totally disappointed in it back in the day.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Orcana of Time.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

The cartoon graphics in The wind waker reflect the series humor, the N64 ones looked good at the time and they had to attract people to the console, the released game looks different to the earlier screenshots and was changed after Final Fantasy VII's release for obvious reasons.
I think if Wind Waker tried to be realistic in visuals we wouldnt have seen it till 2005 and needed to be simpler. The finished game works well and i'll bet Miyamoto is working on a new one for the next console starting well before its release.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Man the Windwaker was awesome! Sure, it's a little cartoony, but the gameplay and the story, not to mention the dungeons were awesome! If you have a gamecube, which by the way is now only $99.99 brand new, I highly recommend you get it!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'd say Wind Waker's the best, but it's just too short.

I don't like A Link to the Past that much because it's just non-linear to the point where you often don't know where you're supposed to go until you stumble upon it.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I remember reading EGM's 10 page or so article about the upcoming OoT. I was never really into Zelda before, but after looking at some of the pics and such I really wanted this game. I got it for Christmas and it was awesome, I really enjoyed it. Ive played the original Zelda, part 2 and Lttp, part 2 was ****, original was good, same with Lttp, but Oot was by far the best imo.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Snake
A Link To The Past is ultra-badass...

Hell yea!

Zelda II - that was so baaaaaaaaaad.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I'd say Wind Waker's the best, but it's just too short.

Not really. There's a crapload of side quests to do in that game. I had a good 50 hours on that bad boy.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Not really. There's a crapload of side quests to do in that game. I had a good 50 hours on that bad boy.

Yeah, but they should've just delayed it a little longer instead of cutting out the two dungeons. It just seems obvious that there's something missing from the game.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Yeah, but they should've just delayed it a little longer instead of cutting out the two dungeons. It just seems obvious that there's something missing from the game.

I don't think the fans would have been happy with a delay, and therefore they rushed it.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

I've always been a huge fan of Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon has massive 0wn4g3 for my uber cool phillips CD-i........

I can't believe you peons left this out...
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Prowl?
Zelda: Wand of Gamelon has massive 0wn4g3 for my uber cool phillips CD-i........

I can't believe you peons left this out...

Is that the one with sprites of real people and live action cut-scenes? Or was that one of the other crappy Phillips CD-i Zelda titles?

Eh. No matter how bad the Phillips titles got they were never as awful as Adventure of Link. Why did it have to suck so much? WHY(Chrystalis was so much better...)?!