The horror! The horror! AvP2 on the way...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

The horror! The horror! AvP2 on the way...

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

AVP was an OK dumb action film (which is about all we could have expected from Anderson...). Perhaps now Sir Ridley has succeded in pissing off just about everyone with his crusades flick he can be persuaded back?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

If done right a new AVP could rule. Just like how I think a good Jason Vs Freddy could be done. But anyway I can dream.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Please just keep Paul WS Anderson away from it...that's all I'm asking...
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

No, no, no, this is a terrible idea. Our hopes for seeing a good AVP film ended when the first one was released. Now we can only wait and pray that 30 years down the road, they remake AVP out of nostalgia and it's better than the original.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Oh dear God, by the sounds of it the new film is going to be full of plot pot-holes. on earth in modern times? so surely by the future they would have a record of the alien creatures and thus know what's going on by Alien :smokin:

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I'm not opposed to a sequel so long as they improve upon their mistakes. Alien vs Predator has the potential to be a good movie, it just needs to be handled right. So yeah, Paul Anderson should be kept away.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I liked AVP.

I just wanted a simple monster movie, and I was satisfied with it.

Methinks people take their entertainment too seriously...
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Originally posted by Clay
I liked AVP.

I just wanted a simple monster movie, and I was satisfied with it.

Methinks people take their entertainment too seriously...

The predator teams up with the woman and they ride a snowmachine away from an explosion.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by KillTheKids
The predator teams up with the woman and they ride a snowmachine away from an explosion.

Is that really less-likely to happen than the greater scenario of two different types of aliens having a foxhunt under Antarctica?

I think not.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
Oh dear God, by the sounds of it the new film is going to be full of plot pot-holes. on earth in modern times? so surely by the future they would have a record of the alien creatures and thus know what's going on by Alien :smokin:

Simple solution: The Aliens have Derren Brown working for them, he's weird/annoying enough to be from space anyway.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

AvP2?

Keep Sigorney Weaver and Paul Anderson away from this project and it could be really cool.....

Well, even if it tanks its a whole lot better than a new Star Trek movie......
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Simple solution: The Aliens have Derren Brown working for them, he's weird/annoying enough to be from space anyway.

Ahh true story...he did manage to make some poor guy think he was in a computer game killing zombies...:smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Prowl?
AvP2?

Keep Sigorney Weaver and Paul Anderson away from this project and it could be really cool.....

Well, even if it tanks its a whole lot better than a new Star Trek movie......

Holy **** its been like...centuries since Ive seen you post.

Also, **** all you badmouthing Paul I would gladly have his manbabies Anderson. AVP2 will ****ing rox your boxxers.

Seriously though I dont care that its being made, I will see it most likely, with the same attitude that I had going into the first one: dont expect greatness, just something fun that you can waste a few hours on.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Originally posted by Clay
Is that really less-likely to happen than the greater scenario of two different types of aliens having a foxhunt under Antarctica?

I think not.

Yes, it is. Because the backstory of AVP set up that scenario, and it does make sense with the suspension of disbelief required for a science fiction story. However, that last twenty minutes...Goddamn it. That was ridiculous.

Also, too-fast-to-see motion blur fights are really lame. That's just what makes a cool fight scene, overdone close ups and split second camera cuts. Several of the smaller battles in LOTR suffered from the same thing.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The ending to AvP was a mess. She had, to my understanding, no way out of there and was determined to kill the aliens so that they wouldn't travel to the mainland... but their only way to the mainland would have been to swim... so how does she kill it? She dunks it in the water.

Is it just me who finds that to be ridiculous?

"We can't run the risk it'll swim to the mainland! I'll stop it by forcing it into the water!"

What?
Originally posted by Prowl1984

Didn't they know about them anyway, though? Isn't that why Ash had them respond to the "distress call" -- because he knew about the aliens and was under instructions to bring one in?

Just because the crew didn't know doesn't mean Weyland-Yutani didn't.

Bear in mind that I'm working on foggy memories, so reserve the right to be wrong without fear of embarassment or anger.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

No dude that was Aliens, in alien they didnt know about them :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Didn't Ash have some secret mission that he hid from the others, though? Wasn't that it?

Actually sod it. I don't really care.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I'm just as foggy, haven't seen either film for a year or two, plus ive seen Aliens more than ive seen Alien so meh :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Ash's instructions were to bring the lifeform back, no matter the cost. Everyone was expendable in the process. This implies that the company had a pretty good idea what they were getting when they sent the crew to investigate the "distress" signal in Alien.

It's debatable what the company knew in Aliens since they did spend a lot of money to get the terraformers to colonize the planet. It wouldn't make sense to then let them all get killed off. I would think they knew what was up by the time they sent Hicks & Co. in, though.

Yes, I am a total dork for that movie series. My only hope for AVP2 not being horrifically average is for Paul WS Anderson to have absolutely nothing to do with it.