Thought Optimus Prime was bad?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Prowl?
That is quite possibly the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I mean, I am a Star Wars fan, but I would never bog my kid down with a name like Padme, Obi-Wan or Anakin (Luke, Ben or Han, maybe...but I could get away with those ;) ).

funny enough I quite like Anakin and Padme as names for kids. Both are acceptable enough as "real" IMO even though I generally hate names after characters or pop stars. Partly as their alway rotton kids to teach.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

My kid will be named Mr. Fantastic Maki.

But only if it's a girl.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
funny enough I quite like Anakin and Padme as names for kids. Both are acceptable enough as "real" IMO even though I generally hate names after characters or pop stars. Partly as their alway rotton kids to teach.

Strangely enough, during my brief stint on the PGCE course, I found this to be true as well. Kids with the more outlandish names tended to be harder work. Maybe it's because they have strange parents?

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
. Maybe it's because they have strange parents?

-Ss

Or s### parents who spend to much time concerned with their own lives to bother bringing up decent kids.

Strange parents tend to be quiet kids, good at Science, Lurks in dark corners and ocasionally walks with a warhammer briefcase (The Science lab I use doubles up as a War Hammer club after school on secret nights).
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Or s### parents who spend to much time concerned with their own lives to bother bringing up decent kids.

I was being tactful. This is what I meant... :)

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Kup1
Ah.

Well, then the parents should be publicly flogged with a talking Jar-Jar doll........

Get me a ticket for the show, will you? I´d like front row.
Originally posted by Osku
I hope the parents will give the child a second and third name so he at least can use those later in his life.

I´d say they should choose such names as second or third, but never as first name.

Seriously, why are parents allowed to give their kids (almost) any name they want? Are children property?
After that "finding nemo" movie, parents actually named their kids "Nemo".
This is sick.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

this is just lame...sephiroth is a tool. ok lame FF bosses aside Imposing your hobbies and likes upon your child is never cool and its worse if they arent even born yet.

I actually entertained naming my children "bruce" and "clark" (if i ever had any) but at least those are names and I dont think I would ever tell them where i got the names.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

At least my kids have 'normal' names, (Zachary and Sean).

I remember reading somewhere that you should always imagine yelling your kids name at the top of your lungs out the door. If you could do it and not embarass either yourself or them, then the name is okay.

Or something like that.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I had a customer at work who's name was "Zebulon". I noticed it when I checked his ID for a credit card transaction. Whacky.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

A friend of mine named her daughter Kitana, after the Mortal Kombat character
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cyberman
After that "finding nemo" movie, parents actually named their kids "Nemo".
Nemo is cool... though I'm thinking of the captain rather than some fish. It'd be a good excuse to stab people with a harpoon, at least...
Originally posted by Kup1
I remember reading somewhere that you should always imagine yelling your kids name at the top of your lungs out the door. If you could do it and not embarass either yourself or them, then the name is okay.
Next one's a toss-up between Rover and Spot, then?
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Denyer
Next one's a toss-up between Rover and Spot, then?

Urgh, no.

And there isn't going to be a "next one", trust me. ;)