The American Civil War Part II will start, surprisingly, in Texas.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

The American Civil War Part II will start, surprisingly, in Texas.

Post by Sir Auros »

Assuming this asshole is elected.

Seriously, if taxes like that were able to get past the courts, I would be down there with some bandoliers and a sombrero. Possibly a beret instead, I'm not sure which.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

A tax on softdrinks and abortion?

Jeez, what a nut.
"I take the position that the Founding Fathers took: that the power to tax is the power to destroy. So our concept is that we need to tax things we don't want and you want to not tax things that you want to encourage."
But what about people who WANT Kool-Aid and Doom and less rape-babies?
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

I might say revolution v2.0 instead... do you see any rape victims/video gamers/popaholics on the state legislature?

Taxation without representation!
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

How anyone (even Texans) could even consider electing someone called Star Locke is beyond me...

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

"I take the position that the Founding Fathers took: that the power to tax is the power to destroy. So our concept is that we need to tax things we don't want and you want to not tax things that you want to encourage."
Originally posted by homerbot
Taxation without representation!

Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't but the last time I watched a documentary about the American Revolution on the History Channel isn't that one of things our Founding Fathers fought for?

If he's talking about the Whiskey Rebellion (or whatever it was called) I got news for him high taxes on homemade moonshine haven't got rid of moonshiners, rumrunners, and bootleggers.

Hell history as proven that high taxes will only encourge the illeagl use of stuff. Lets face it we're cheap bastrads.

Originally posted by Sixswitch
How anyone (even Texans) could even consider electing someone called Star Locke is beyond me...

-Ss

Well Texans elected GW Bush governor and look what happened to him. :glance: :( :eek:
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

-Ss

We're talking about the great state of Texas here, where such great leaders as George Dubya started out. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, this guy will probably get all the young voters out there to vote no on him if they're smart enough to get off their video games and take the time to vote.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Ya know maybe it's time we nuke texas, i'm sure no one will care. Let's make sure Bush is on vacation at his home there when we do it though.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't but the last time I watched a documentary about the American Revolution on the History Channel isn't that one of things our Founding Fathers fought for?
I'm pretty sure that's what I meant with the "revolution v2.0" thing. Although if you want to be technical it should have been "Revolution" or "American Revolution"
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Everyone I know in Texas had never heard of the guy until that article. Trust me, there's no way he's winning the election.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It's actually a 100% tax on those things he opposes, not a mere 50%.

I do seriously doubt he'd be elected, but this is part of a larger picture involving a bunch of old bastards (and bitches) in the government who are actively persecuting something they don't understand.

I mean, it is a real problem that we have states that are trying to criminalize something that should be protected by the first ammendment while other forms of media that can include violent or obscene material are left unlegislated.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Oh my....

*shakes her head*:wtf: