Pirates of the Caribbean[now spoileriffic!...]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Bored...up until the final 20 minutes or so, I have to admit I was bored stiff...I was more bored than the last time I watched a WWE PPV!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
I was more bored than the last time I watched a WWE PPV!

I don't even pay for those anymore ... usually only WM. But gods am I ever glad I didn't pay for the last WM now.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by saysadie
And on another point- I've just read a few reviews and I'm a little bit irked. How exactly was the plot "hard to follow"? I had no trouble figuring out what was going on in it, and I'm hardly the most observant person ever. Pft.

well you have a weapon that is not an assest that most reviewers have. Intelligence is not often present in most reveiwers and critics
Master Mud
Protoform

Post by Master Mud »

Great movie! The ending was such a kick in the face, I loved it :D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've finnally seen the DVD I had for Christmas!

I'd agree the plot made perfect sense (though I'll pass on the point of the Island sequence in case they come back to it in the third one), and everyone absolutely rawked. And I love how they made an entire two and a half hour film out of a throwaway line in the first one about Bootstraps being sent down to Davey Jones (though it's said several times in the first film that Will Jr. is the absolute spitting image of his Dad, which clearly isn't the case here...).

I'd had the end spoiled for me by seeing pics from the third one, but as I was expecting him to show up earlier as one of Jone's crew it was actually became a suprise again as I'd forgotten by then.

Oh, and there's a bit after the end credits for this film as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

the dog sitting in the tribal chair?
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Ice Shard
the dog sitting in the tribal chair?

Not many people would describe Johhny Depp as a Dog.

The East India guy, was he Davenport's right hand man in the last film? It looks like him, and the reveal where he turns round is done as if we're ment to recognise him, but I missed how he got such a hugely insane promotion in less than a year...
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
The East India guy, was he Davenport's right hand man in the last film? It looks like him, and the reveal where he turns round is done as if we're ment to recognise him, but I missed how he got such a hugely insane promotion in less than a year...

It's a different bloke. The guy from the first film wasn't quite as short, I believe, and therefore lacked the evil credentials necessary for such a promotion.
inflatable dalek

Then why the big dramatic "OHHHH LOOK WHO IT IS!!!!" reveal when he first turns round?

Still a great film mind.