Y 2 J

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster_86

Y 2 J

Post by Blaster_86 »

YES FINALLY THE GUY GETS WHAT HE DESERVES. A push Image

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this beautiful sig
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I've posted this in a couple forums already, but I agree. He's worked hard to get this far and it's good to see the WWF reward him like this.
Just sucks that HHH was nowhere to be found.

Other winners:
Edge
Dudley Boyz
Trish Stratus
Undertaker
Scotty and Albert

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the winners of the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Austin got robbed...
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

RVD is the best he will/should be the next champ

------------------
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Austin has had the title alot him and the rock. Angle to Jericho deserved it. Y 2 J

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Galvatron91:
Austin got robbed...

my sentiments exactly...

------------------
...in beer we trust...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Blaster_86:
Austin has had the title alot him and the rock. Angle to Jericho deserved it. Y 2 J

Y2J only got the push cause Benoit got shelved...

benoit is still the man! Image
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Benoit wasn't in line to get a push. Jericho was now he has the title

------------------
Y 2 J. I am a Jerichoholic.
ThunderCracker84

Y2J sucks, he never shoulda been in line for a shot. I say RVD shoulda been in his spot, but since he wasn't I have to agree that Austin was robbed, and Benoit was a BA

------------------
------------------
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Benoit wasn't in line to get a push. Jericho was now he has the title

i beg to differ sir, before his injury several wwf sources stated that he was in line for a major push involving the world title...and the wcw title. his injury left the door open for Y2j to move up.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jericho was inline for a push to. Benoit was supposed to be back a while ago I thought.

------------------
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Jericho was inline for a push to. Benoit was supposed to be back a while ago I thought.

nope...he had the same surgery as Austin, so he will try to make it back by Wrestlemania...but nothing is for certain. As for the push, they were both going to get one, but Benoit's was supposed to be where Y2J is now.
ThunderCracker84

How do you figure he was in line? maybe at the end of the line. Jericho just stole Benoit's spot due to the injury

Benoit, back soon? not possible w/ the neck injury that he sustained

------------------
------------------
------------------
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Well I stopped watching wrestling for a while after Benoits injury I thought it was a knee injury.

------------------
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

I was right on the money, correctly picking all but one(Scotty II Hotty and Albert vs. Test and Christian, which wasn't in Redstreaks topic). As the whole Benoit and Jericho topic, I'm gonna have to side with Benoit's side. Before winning the WCW title, Jericho had been known to blow spots in big matches and stuff. On the other hand, Benoit can carry just about anybody to a good match. And plus Benoit is just better than Jericho. I mean, the guy wrestled 7 matches in 3 days, two of which where ladder matches and five matches in one night. But it is good to see Y2J get the title, as a change to it being bounced around by a select few(Last time a title was held by other than Rock/Austin/Angle was Triple H and that was last year in June). And it should add an interesting twist to the storylines hopefully.

------------------
Tell me what's on your mind. Or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!

Join TFW at www.transformerswrestling.homestead.com/tfw.html
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

The sources were correct about Benoit getting a push, as one of them was Jim Ross himself. I remember the Ross Report on WWF.com stating several times just before Benoit got hurt that he was going to get a push. If he hadn't been hurt in the triple threat with Austin, I think he would have emerged champ.
It's all about The Game. By Royal Rumble, he'll be back, and rumor has it tonight's the night. Cuz now ya got 3 major heels(Booker, Angle, Jericho) and 2 faces(Rock and Austin). If a 6-man tag is announced at any TV from now to RR, be on the lookout for The Game. He will be the uber face, so I've heard, and that'll kick arse. And expect him to win the title soon after his comeback.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the winners of the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Apparantly, the WWF is in serious negoiations with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall for a return in early 2002. Would it not be killer for an Outsiders reunion just in time for wrestlemania? (just as long as the nWo stays dead). Also, it is widley rumored that the only thing that is stopping Scott Steiner to a WWF contract is his health. Another rumor is that the WWF has put out some feelers towards Sting. However, at this time, Sting has stated that he would not consider a ring return anytime soon. But one can hope. As for other previous big-name talent from WCW, you can almost gaurantee that Goldberg is done with wrestling, as he has nearly three years left on his contract. Hulk Hogan is very interested in returning to wrestling, but the WWF is not interested in the Hulkster at all, and he will probally end up in the up-start organization down in florida.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

OK, yay for Y2J. Now if he'll just change his letters... It's out of date and annoying.

We'll see what he can do. Personaly, I don't care for him that much. He's a really good wrestler, but just not of say Stone Cold, or Angle's talent, IMO. I would prefer to watch Benoit (pronounced correctly with the "t") Look, he was a rival of Angle's for a while. I learned to hate the character.

RVD? I think he's the most overrated thing out there. He can be entertaining, but he'll be stuck in hardcore for a while. I hope he doesn't hurt himself. He has the potential to become a huge name inthe business if he stays healthy. However, he has to real character that I can tell. Where does his fan base come from?

Lastly. ANGLE! Still my Olymipc Hero. It's true, It's DAMN true!
________
Subaru Srd-1 History
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Prowl?:
Apparantly, the WWF is in serious negoiations with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall for a return in early 2002. .
why? they are overpaid ego-maniacs who even their own "friend" HHH said would be a bad deal to hire! I can only forsee some major friction in the back if these two has beens get signed!

Would it not be killer for an Outsiders reunion just in time for wrestlemania? .

no...no it wouldn't...sometimes the past is best being left there! As for the others, the only one who is really a genuine prospect is Steiner. Sting is in his early 40's, had a great career, but was treated like garbage by WCW at the end of it...I can see him being happy to be out. Goldberg...isn't a wrestler, he's an Austin rip-off. Hogan...is older than my grandma...and to call him a wrestler is almost an insult to the guys who actually know how to wrestle. Steiner is the one guy I would want cause he can flat out bring it when healthy and could play a monster heel. The only other guys I would want to see that you didn't mention...you know this is coming...Bret Hart...think of the feud! Bret v Vince part II!!! It could happen...especially if Bret gets that itch again and the doctors say his head is ok. Since most of the Hart family seems to be ok with McMahon, and that whole thing at Survivor Series 97 stinks of a work...maybe someday.

------------------
Galvaton91's Burned Couch Emporium: You buy it, I'll fry it, maybe do some marshmallows while I'm there too! Located on the Sixth Floor of the Archive. Also available get your official G91 "I am the GAME" T-Shirt! Only $20.99 or one slightly used couch made of highly combustible materials!
This sig has been brought to you today by Skywarp Proud Sponsor of the Emporium!
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

That'd be great if the Hitman came back. Then we could see him take on Triple H. Now that would be an awesome match. In fact, it'd be interesting to see Hart face a lot of the guys in the WWF right now, like Angle or The Rock. Maybe we could get Austin-Hart Submission Match II outta it.....I can see it now.....

Ross:Austin's going for the Sharpshoter!

Lawler:He's got it! The only thing for that coward Hart to do is tap out!

Ross:Wait a sec King, Hart's trying to reverse!

Just as Hart does so, we hear "Ring the f***ing bell!" in the backround.

Another good thing if Hart came back is that The Rock wouldn't use his crappy version of the Sharpshoter.

------------------
Tell me what's on your mind. Or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!

Join TFW at www.transformerswrestling.homestead.com/tfw.html

[This message has been edited by Blitzwing 2 (edited 12-12-2001).]