Well crap, I just found out I might lose my job in a month.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Clogs wrote: Somewhere in your youth or childhood, you must have done something good.
I doubt that very much... ;)

Seriously, congratulations mate. Hope it's a good job too. Is it contract work again? Or permanent this time?

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Civ

Post by Civ »

Thanks guys and gal.

It's a permanent position. So now, I can hopefully get rid of this so-called "job-hopper" assumption that employers kept making about me when I stay there for a few years (at least).
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Congrats!! I know what it's like being in between jobs.

Now...day one:

Ask for a raise. :up:
Civ

Post by Civ »

Status Update:

The new job is going well. It's actually proceeding the way a job is supposed to proceed with breaking the new guy in. Only thing I don't like is my hour long commute to work and the hour long commute back home. All of that driving, heavy traffic, wear on my Civic, and gas I'm burning is starting to wear on me. I'm actually bummed when I have to leave work because I know it's going to keep burning a hole in my wallet. Yeah, I know, the Brits have it far, far worse. What is it now? 12 pounds or so for petrol? I'll definitely be looking for a new apartment as soon as I know that my future looks rosey there.

Bad news is that I found out my brother will be losing his job because the company he works for is going out of business. His last day is Friday of next week. ****, ****, ****!!! As if my parents weren't worried enough about one son being unemployed, now they have to worry about the other.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Congratulations man! I feel your pain about the gas though, its $4.60 a gallon here right now and I have a 30 minute commute to work every morning as well. I spend about $260 a month on gas just driving to work and back 5 days a week.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Only $4.60? Wow, I thought it would be in the $6 range by now for CA. When I went to Anaheim back in 2005, we were shocked to see the cost of gas either in the mid $3 range or low $4. Gas at that time in NJ was around the $2.25 mark and now it's breaking into $4.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Civ wrote:Only $4.60? Wow, I thought it would be in the $6 range by now for CA. When I went to Anaheim back in 2005, we were shocked to see the cost of gas either in the mid $3 range or low $4. Gas at that time in NJ was around the $2.25 mark and now it's breaking into $4.
Well I'm in Central CA, I imagine it is quite a bit more expensive in L.A. County where Anaheim is. I haven't been down to L.A. in a couple of months, but its always been more expensive down there, everything is.