Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by Denyer »

Might still be worth looking on eBay US for Chinese sellers with a few warehouse boxes of figures and parts -- I got a variety of MOTUC figures that way. Focused on the Horde, the Rebellion and the Snakemen for the most part, with some Powers of Grayskull, New Adventures and traditional MOTU mixed in. Not completist, but got the ones I was after and some fillers, and only really paid way over the odds for Shadow Weaver. There still seem to be people parting out collections too, if you're okay with loose and don't necessarily have to have every accessory.

Cheers for the reminder about Multi-Bot, skipped him first time around due to MISB prices but scored a loose one the other day for sixteen fifty inc. Not 100% complete, but all of the parts and accs for the normal display option.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70428 Jack's Beach Buggy.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Bandai space marine -- https://storage.googleapis.com/spikeybi ... rine-1.jpg / https://spikeybits.com/2020/05/bandai-p ... irmed.html

Which is at least 50% marked up on reasonable price, based on design and build quality (so like virtually everything else 40K-related). Nice of Geedubs to get them out quickly without additional shipping charges for those of us who'd set the order to deliver to a local store last year though.

Thoroughly adjustable as long as you don't mind popping bits back on and having a relatively limited number of poses the weight can hold. You're going to want to get it out of packaging because despite having a window it's packed in multiple layers. Being able to disassemble things fairly easily will help repainters.

The Primaris proportions do work well and look natural, I've got to admit. You can easily imagine the figure moving with the same kind of rapid lethality as the marines in the Astartes fan-series; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bko5Gg ... n8qFcoENLO

Bottom line: nice if you managed to score one, and as a foray into high-end collectibles it's welcome, but the McFarlane one is probably going to be just as good for most people at a fraction of the price.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70427 Welcome to the Hidden Side.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Playmobil Back to the Future DeLorean - I've never intentionally bought Playmobil before, though I did pick up some skeleton figures at a thrift shop that I now know are Playmobil. I've seen Playmobil compared to LEGO and don't really get it. I guess the PM figs look like large LEGO minifigs.

The box says 64 pieces, but that's a bit misleading. Many of those are accessories for Doc and Marty, like a skateboard, suitcase full of plutonium, and remote. The DeLorean is mostly one piece, just add the wheels, vents, and tubing that goes around the sides.

Some parts don't attach permanently, like the hook used to grab the line and the plutonium canisters that fit in the back. My only complaint is that there's no Mr. Fusion. It could've fit in place of the Plutonium, and would've completed the end-of-BttF/BttF II look achieved with the folding down wheels. I'd much rather have that than Marty's video camera or Doc's tool pouch.
CharlizeBaker
Protoform

Post by CharlizeBaker »

Recently bought LEGO Star Wars: A New Hope 75244 Tantive IV Building Kit with 20% off on Amazon
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Overwatch 75973 D.Va & Reinhardt & 75977 Junkrat & Roadhog - Bought from EB Games with $10 off each.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Figure Complex Amazing Yamaguchi Powered by Revoltech Series #15 Harley Quinn: -wheeze- I’ve never ordered one of these types of figures before. The closest was a Suicide Squad Harley KO that’s a really nice hyperposable figure... but high heeled Adidas’ make for really poor balance. This one came with a stand and is really great. Different hands, different faces, you can even move the eyes around for different poses and looks. Not entirely sold on the Revoltech joints, though. I remember hearing that they’re all ratchet joints, but these are all friction.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Lego Speed Champions! How did I not know this line existed?

My son bought the 75891 Chevy Camaro (like a stock car), which I thought was rather solid and great looking. So in order to race him, I picked up the 75890 Ferrari F40. Both cars are really slick, and fun to build. To increase our garage, we got the 75893 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon vs 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. That set is great and comes with a small drag strip light set that has a fantastic mechanism to move the lights. Both cars are really unique and I love the boxy look of the 1970 and the supercharger in the hood. There's some smart building in there to nail the front grill as well. On order we also have the 75892 McLaren Senna, which I can't wait to arrive.

Overall, these cars are great and a great value for the price.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Gold Zeo Ranger - Bought during Big W's Toy Sale.

Lego Overwatch 75970 Tracer vs. Widowmaker & 75971 Hanzo vs. Genji - Target had them on discount and they will likely be retired soon.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Legends Black Widow Black Widow
It's the version from the new film which has been delayed due to the plague. For something I only bought to get free shipping on an order, she's pretty awesome. The face sculpt is neat (although I think the Infinity War figure looks slightly better in this regard) and the detailing is nice. I'm particularly impressed with the two small handguns she can holster. Less good are the two batons that are supposed to slot in her backpack, which don't go all the way through and get kind of bent.

Batman Hush Huntress
I've been buying a bunch of second hand graphic novels lately and picked up Hush and a Huntress one (Crossbow at the Crossroads or something, I think it's called) and enjoyed the character. Remember thinking she was pretty cool in Batman vs Predator II but then never bothered to track down any of her comics. Yay me. Anyway, the Hush figure of Huntress looked pretty neat, based as it was on Jim Lee's artwork. Has all the hallmarks of an action figure from 2003. Nice post-Mcfarlane sculpt and detail and the same sort of naffo articulation of Todd's 'action statues'. Still, it's not like I'm going to play with her much and she'll just be stood on a shelf (she's doing it right now), so that's alright.

Total Justice Huntress
I remember these being on the shelves back in 1997! They're about 4.5" tall and nicely detailed figures with lurid paint jobs and massive gimmick weapons. Huntress seems to have come through this design ethos with little more than a clip on purple bustier. She has a ridiculous crossbow launcher which is about the same size she is, but she does come with a sensible sized one she can actually hold. Hooray! The sculpt is a little weird, as she's stood in a pose and only has 5 points of articulation, so looks weird when you move her legs. See above.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:43 pmBatman Hush Huntress
Yeah, it's a terrible costume but fits with the era of BoP I was going for -- had to get a base though, the balance is terrible. The more recent two pack with Peej is pretty good too... in fact a lot of the New 52 line are decent. Shame about the comics.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Neat! I'll keep an eye out for one of those :)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Picked up the Age of Apocalypse Marvel Legends, because I'm a sucker for that story. I really like having a Wild Child to go with Sabretooth, but I must confess the Morph figure is a massive disappointment.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Ranger Slayer.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Magna Defender.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70432 Haunted Fairground.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

G. I. Joe Classified Snake-Eyes:

Do you like G.I. Joe? Do you like Marvel Legends? Have you always wanted a series of G.I. Joe figures that look like they were kitbashed from Legends parts? Then this toy is for you!

I kid, but only a little. The Classified series is something that seems both controversial and inevitable -- Joe is a great property with a depth of great designs and lore, but it's one that they've struggled to move at retail for a decade or more. I'm surprised it took Hasbro this long to decide to make a six-inch line to take advantage of the IP. I'm not at all certain that it will succeed, though. Most hard-core Joe toy fans seem to be in it for the vehicles and accessories and ridiculously large army-building, none of which are going to be a thing in six-inch scale. Casual fans like me are going to love having Snake-Eyes and Destro and the Baroness in the same scale as other action-figure lines, but I don't know how well the various "generic army-man" characters are going to sell. Will people like me snap up Roadblock and Dusty and Rock'n'Roll? Probably not. Will the sort of people who just want 1/12 army figures be interested when they come with wacky sci-fi weapons? Probably not. Will the actual fanbase get over their seeming horror at the scale and support it? That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

I hope they do! Because if Snake-Eyes is any indication, it's definitely a line that's worth supporting. I joked about it feeling like a Legends kitbash, but Snake-Eyes here would be a top 5% Legends figure easily. He's got all the joints you'd expect from Hasbro 6-inch stuff and some you wouldn't (Shoulder butterfly joints! "Dropping" hips for better crouch poses! Wrists that articulate in the write direction for using guns and swords!). The sculpt is a killer and there is a crazy amount of painted detail considering the toy is almost all black (red callouts all over, silver buckles and clasps, gloss black on certain parts and matte on others...) He also comes with an impressive accessory count for a Hasbro figure: a SPACE rifle and pistol, a silencer, a knife, a sword and sheath and the obligatory Joe backpack. I can't expect that every Joe is going to be this good, but Snake-Eyes is right up there with the very best Marvel figures Hasbro's made. I'm looking forward to the Destro and Ninja Force Storm Shadow I have on preorder a lot more now than I was a day ago, that's for sure.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

G.I. Joe Classified Destro

Not as superlative as Snake-Eyes, but still a very good quality six-inch figure. Great sculpt, great articulation, good accessories...basically all the stuff I said about Snake-Eyes is true here. The difference is that one is a badass silent ninja and the other is a morally ambiguous businesman, so it's pretty obvious which one has more fun potential. He's definitely way cooler than a guy with a briefcase has any right to be, though.

He kinda feels incomplete without a Baroness to consort with, though. Hopefully Hasbro does something about that sooner than later.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Turbo deluxe Turbo Megazord - I bought this fairly cheaply on eBay compared to eBay prices, however it is missing it's shield.