Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by HeavyArms »

Halo: The Spartan Collection Master Chief - Didn't know that these were coming out but I guess they had to be on the shelf regardless of the the games re-scheduled release date.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70433 J.B.'s Submarine - Bought from local retail.

Lego Harry Potter 75966 Hogwarts Room of Requirement - Bought from local retail.

Lego Castle 6089 Ninja Stone Tower Bridge - Bought from eBay.

Lego Aquazone 6145 Crystal Crawler & 6160 Sea Scorpion - Bought from a seller eBay, wanted a fewof the other Aquazone sets but was outbid at the last second.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Lego SW 75286 Grievous's Starfighter

A Christmas gift from the wife and kids, and something I really didn't expect. Ep III is one of my favorite SW movies, so this is a nice set to have. I would have never bought it myself since it is really overpriced, but I can't say no to a great gift. The starfighter is pretty awesome all around; very hefty and solidly built. It doesn't look like any of the other ships on my shelf, and I love it that way! The cockpit functions just like in the movie and looks great too, with Grievous's face nicely viewable from the outside. The tiny little Grievous is great since I've never owned one. It's a bit sad they reused the same Obi-Wan from the Mustafar set, just like they did with the Anakin that came with his starfighter. Seems like Lego really mailed it in with these. The clone trooper that came with it is pretty bad ass though!!!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Hidden Side 70430 Newbury Subway - Bought this during Amazons Boxing Day sale, it's also the last retail set I need for the Hidden Side theme.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Legends White Rabbit
Not familiar with this character at all. One of those daft legacy characters Marvel have resurrected in recent years, like Squirrel Girl, I'm guessing. Anyway, I loved how silly the figure looked and Forbidden Planet were clearing her out for £11 so I thought 'why not?'. She's fun! Dressed up like the rabbit from Alice In Wonderland for reasons with an Umbrella that does shooty things. Excellent!

Marvel Infinite Series Emma Frost
Bought to replace the one I had, which a long with a lot of my female action figures, had curiously gone missing since I split with my ex. I like the Infinite series. It has some good wee sculpts and designs on the go. Emma has a nice pearly sheen to her white costume and I like her glowering eyes and blue lipstick. And she was £3 from The Entertainer! Hooray!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego City 60264 Ocean Exploration Submarine.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Ball Dragon Stars Vegeta Super Saiyan (Version 2) & Bardock - I've decided to get into Dragon Stars action figures and to start I've bought these two as they were half-price and available in-store.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Vegeta (DB Super Whis/Beerus Training), Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue (DB Super Whis/Beerus Training), Goku Blue Kaioken x20, Goku (Version 1?) from one seller on eBay.

Piccolo, Broly Legendary Super Saiyan (Super) & Krillin - Bought from eBay from a different seller.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Super Saiyan Bardock from EB Games.

Golden Frieza and Super Saiyan 3 gotenks from a seller on facebook Marketplace.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Halo Infinite: The Spartan Collection Spartan MK VII - Bought from Big W.

Lego Harry Potter 75967 Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter & Marvel Super Heroes 76151 Venomosaurus Ambush - A lay-by I paid off.

Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars - Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars - Instinct Goku
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars - Super Saiyan Gogeta
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars - Super Saiyan Gohan
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars (Season 7) - Piccolo Ver. 2
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars (Season 7) - Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars (Season 7) - Super Saiyan Goku Ver. 2
Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Stars (Season 6) - Android 18

All of the Dragon Ball Dragon Stars action figures were bought from Madman for half off or thereabouts.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Ball Dragon Stars Goku Super Saiyan 4 - Bought from EB Games just seconds before Victoria was going into a five-day shutdown mode in response to a potential COVID-19 outbreak.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Ball Dragon Stars Super Saiyan Vegito - Bought from EB Games, may have grabbed seconds before a couple of kids were going to.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Golder (Wingless), Mighty Morphin White Ranger & In Space Psycho Green Ranger - I was able to get these with the help of the TCCA freight forwarding service.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Red, Black and Yellow Rangers - The guy trying to sell the figures was definitely trying to sell these as they kept changing the listing, making it cheaper every couple of days.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger - I'm getting really close to finishing up my Mighty Morphin LC group, just need Pink and Green.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Marvel Super heroes 76173 Spider-Man and Ghost Rider vs. Carnage.

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Fighting Spirit Green Ranger VS Mighty Morphin S1 Putty - Got this pack really cheap from the same guy I got the other three Mighty Morphin Rangers from.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Lord Zedd - Bought from a guy who lived very close to me.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

DC Multiverse Wonder Woman 1984 Wonder Woman.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Bandai Minipla Voltron - I found this at Barnes & Noble last night for $63, not the $119 Amazon has. It's much more articulated than my current Lion Voltrons (LEGO Ideas, LEGO MOC, plastic set from 20-ish years ago with no elbows). Other than screwing up the eye stickers on the Yellow lion head/foot, I'm satisfied.

I didn't know how much part swapping there'd be to combine the lions. All 16 legs of the limb lions come off, and are replaced by round caps, rather than folding up. The forelegs of the Black lion detach. One the hind legs of the Black lion remain, sliding into the Yellow and Blue lions as expected.

The 4 limb lion heads also come off, replaced by squarer versions to better suit the combined form. Technically, swapping these is optional. You could leave the smaller individual lion heads attached when combining them, or leave the larger square heads attached then they're separated.

So, when you've got 5 lions, you also have 16 cylindrical caps. When you have Voltron, you also have a pile of legs. Either way, you've also got 4 heads.

This is the only Voltron I own that comes with the individual lion weapons, both mouth held and shoulder mounted. The instructions show how to combine these into a large weapon for Voltron, but it looks pretty bad. I just leave them attached to their respective shoulders, or in their respective mouths. The weapons have pegs and the mouths have holes to hold them in place.

I still don't own a Yellow lion than has the cannons fold out of the side of the head like the original. I don't own a Blue lion with an elevating red thingy, either, but that wasn't as cool.

Articulation is great, though the legs are a bit limited due to the width of the Blue and Yellow lions relative to the hips, requiring a wide stance. The Red and Green lions can extend slightly, revealing a 2nd elbow joint for a tighter arm curl.

He's just under 7 inches from toe to wingtip. His eyeline is just a tiny bit higher than a Siege Seeker. I'd've like a slightly larger Black lion. The rear legs are fine. But, Voltron's torso and head seem slightly undersized compared to the rest of him.

Edit: I just noticed the box says "No Candy/Gum Included." (emphasis in original). I assume this is because the url for the survey listed on the box contains the word candy, and they worried this might be misleading. But, the survey is only about this kit and a Megazord kit. So why does the url contain candy? I tried taking the survey, looking for answers, but it crashed after I selected what product I'd bought.
Last edited by Tantrum on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Power Rangers Lightning Collection Lord Drakkon - Bought as a lot with some Transformers figures from the TCCA freight forwarding service.