What is your job title?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Ackula wrote:Simple concept in the hopes of getting to know everyone a little better [...] and if you want to tell a little bit about what your job role entails and what your functions are within the job, go for it. [...] Please also refrain from any fictional job titles or attempts at being clever ;)
As far as real jobs go, I say: "Woe to me, or 'would that this', that I had listened to my family and my uncles and continued with Electrical Engineering (at Illinois Tech). Well, I am able to provide a sample of my working on Gnosticweb (public forum) posts. I am exerting to carry out the "dang hard" role below (which entails many duties), trying to keep hypocricy in check:

3:110. Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for (the good of) mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah.

The criticism I mentioned to Zeeks (http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... hp?t=46332) was aimed at Christians, so in the mood to compensate/balance I wrote:

[wrote]

I am able to provide a harsh critique of today's Muslim. The prophet (PBUH) told his people that they would fall into the same errors as the Children of Isreal. Today many, [...] have fallen into pure formalism, caring only for the letter of the Law, and [some] even think to themselves "We are the beloved followers of Muhammad, the Fire might only touch us for a few days at the very maximum." "Jew" has become a swear word, while they are unaware of what their own scripture says regarding the claim of the Jews as "the chosen people" or even "gods":

2:122. O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures.

The Muslims are oblivious of the responsibility of being God's representatives, that if they don't care about doing their job well, they are in danger of turning into devilish rather than godly people. Misrepresentation is only short of full blown hypocricy:

Those engaged in misrepresentation will be given (Quran) "ignominy in the life of the world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be consigned to the most grievous doom."

4:145. Lo! the hypocrites (will be) in the lowest deep of the Fire, and thou wilt find no helper for them;

[/wrote]

A few days ago I wrote on hypocrisy:

I feel I'm fortunate and not thankful enough for seeing Dr. Israr Ahmed's talk on shirk. Major shirk, [... something like solipsistic thinking], is easy to amend from (before the death bed), as compared to the deep sicknesses that generate from minor shirk, which includes showing off. A person can become such that he gives alms only seeking the praises and glorification of men, making only paltry exertion for the good of mankind (on account of his developed selectiveness in dispensation: prefering to spend on professional (praising) beggars over the need of a relative much disliked by him.), worshipping the praising people (on the level of or) above worshipping God*, and generating ill feelings in himself for all Charitable people with good hearts.

*John 5:44 or The New World of Politics: Socrates's Choice, pg 22, bottom lhs ("Men of Athens, [...]")

Peace

http://www.gnosticweb.com

http://www.irf.net
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Well done Axe. You've written the longest post on the thread so far, but as near as I can tell, you haven't answered the question... :confused:

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, he is saying his job is to edit posts on a message board about esoteric Christianity. :glance:
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Ackula wrote:I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, he is saying his job is to edit posts on a message board about esoteric Christianity. :glance:
I'm occupied with receiving from Peace TV and Dr. Israr Ahmed's organization, trying to implement, and once in a (long) while, posting (long/pithy posts) at the Gnosticweb forums (making use of http://www.irf.net). Other than this, (on account of shame/privacy you could say; I'll only say this that) I'm a failure at life.

Oh, and I do invite you all to watch Peace TV. Dr. Israr Ahmed's talks (Urdu) tell the Muslims:

3:103. And hold fast, all of you together, to the rope of Allah (this Quran), and be not divided among yourselves. And remember Allah's favour unto you: How ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of the pit of Fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided,

Dr. Zakir Naik's flagship program, Truth Exposed starts with:

Scientists are not eliminating God, they are eliminating models of God. You learn Sanskrit! Go back to your Scripture, go back to your Vedas, and realize, that God is One. Any division in Islam is prohibited! [...]

peace and mercy
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hate to follow that up... but, I work in a call centre for a well-known global company. I hate it, but at least it pays the bills. We're [the bf and I]are opening our own gaming/hobby/collectibles etc shop in a few months, however.

[edit] is that a long-winded way of saying you're unemployed? Just asking...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sades wrote:We're [the bf and I]are opening our own gaming/hobby/collectibles etc shop in a few months, however.
Ace!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sades wrote:I hate it, but at least it pays the bills. We're [the bf and I]are opening our own gaming/hobby/collectibles etc shop in a few months, however.
Can we all have a discount?
[edit] is that a long-winded way of saying you're unemployed? Just asking...
I suspect any job application forms Axe may have filled in over the years would make a awesome read.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:Can we all have a discount?
Erm, sure?
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Sades wrote:you're unemployed?
Family is wont to boast/exaggerate about what I've done/am doing. :lips sealed: :) perchance any exaggerated to'un may come to know (through conveyance) from here (over time)
Sades wrote:[edit] is that a long-winded way of saying you're unemployed? Just asking...
I found this to be a great way to tell everyone what Peace TV is teaching. It's the only Islamic channel that goes deep into matters of faith (like Dr. Israr's talk on shirk) while also having programs like Qur'an and Modern Science-Conflict or Concilation (Truth Exposed), and Is Religious Fundamentalism a Stumbling Block to the Freedom of Expression* (Crossfire).

*Title of the VCDs in circulation in India: Press Debate: Debate after Taslima Nasrin's book Lajja. (Haven't seen the whole of it myself: 4 debaters, including the person who translated the book; and the question and answer session (there in almost all the programs) is always fun and interesting.) :)

Although the channel's focus is on the comman man, it has attractions for gnostics typified below (even though it grounds itself in Quran and Sahih Hadith):

[jahfonde: Topic Title:] would you ridicule me if i was to say, i dont agree with the bible, and religion.

yeah, would you?
the question isnt really literal, its just there as a heading, if you get me.

like, i believe there is the highest conscience, thy creator [he probably meant to say consciousness], so i do believe in god. (although i'd rather call it something else

[...]

[Apakhana:]I think I agree with you.

[...]

There's beleivers and there are knowers. If anyone is going to make that tranisiton into gnosis they MUST dissolve any belief whatsoever. That includes their belief in things like God (it's obvious there is a creator but...) and what they've been told about it, because that still limits you towards coming to know what it (God) really is, the verb of Being. You can't realize you're own "I am" until you let go of even believing you understand what that means, because it is something you experience.

All those religions atart out talking about the same thing but in their own way through their own archetypes. Sooner or later, no one know what they are talking about because they start believing instead of knowing.

Peace TV (watch live link: top right)
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Overnight Assistant Manager at Walmart*.

Basically I walk around the store all night long making sure all my minions are stocking the freight we got in earlier that evening. And I enter their schedules in the out dated computer system.

All in the hope that we finish and get the store spic and span before the Shift Manager and Store Manager arrive at 7 when I have to walk around with them and answer questions about why we didn't get this or that done the night before.

Plus I get little projects to accomplish at random times by the Overnight Shift Manager.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Baxter wrote:Overnight Assistant Manager at Walmart*.
inflatable dalek wrote:Can we all have a discount
on any of those exclusives that never make it to Britland?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm sure Bax can provide us all with those special "fell off the truck" discounts. In fact, if he doesn't he's banned!*

*from wearing fluffy pink tutus.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

My business card says "Shuttle Flight Planning Engineering Staff" which is a long way of saying flight controller for the space shuttle.

Which is another way of saying "unemployed in a year and a half." :|
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Sades wrote:I'm sure Bax can provide us all with those special "fell off the truck" discounts. In fact, if he doesn't he's banned!*

*from wearing fluffy pink tutus.
If I do, then I'm banned from going back to work.

Fell of the truck discounts for everbody!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Brimstone wrote:My business card says "Shuttle Flight Planning Engineering Staff" which is a long way of saying flight controller for the space shuttle.

Which is another way of saying "unemployed in a year and a half." :|
That is very, very cool.
Wreck and Rule!
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Seconded :up:

Well, the first part is cool, that is :\
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

It has its moments. But, I suppose like any job, it has its incredibly frustrating moments, too. Today was a prime example of that....
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

I'm a game designer.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

ismellicecream wrote:I'm a game designer.
Bastard

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Right. Leaving aside notabot and (potentially) Axe, who have real jobs, where does that leave the rest of us, um?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]