Wht do you think is the most un-watchable film?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

Wht do you think is the most un-watchable film?

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Name a movie that you just hate and cannot stand to watch, that makes you want to burn your eyeballs out of their sockets?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Secretcode The Movie.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Uh just so everyone knows I put an "A" in the title of this thread but it sorta went,.....well it went by by:wtf:. Don't know how, but it was there untill Secret code post a reply. not blameing you just saying when it happened. can't fix it so sorry.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

secretcode wrote:Secretcode The Movie.
(Tommy Chong)"I say the same thing they got his backstory all wrong, it didn't even look like him man. I call a BS flag on this movie man.
like that part when he was gonna save the world but did his paperwork instead, know what i'm saying man. Secretcode whouldn't do that man, he'd walk up to purple poper, hammer smasher, whatever his name was and say hey you can't do that man." :lol:

God i've got a messed up head, sad part is I can do the voice too.:lol::):|:(
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

There was a Robin Williams film a few years ago called 'The Night Listener', which was awful in that it had the most godawful plot holes. I'd also lump 'The Number 23' in there too for the same reasons.

How these things get put out and the people involved not cringe for their very souls is beyond me.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Auntie Slag wrote:There was a Robin Williams film a few years ago called 'The Night Listener', which was awful in that it had the most godawful plot holes. I'd also lump 'The Number 23' in there too for the same reasons.

How these things get put out and the people involved not cringe for their very souls is beyond me.
I think williams and carrey need to stick to comedy. As Spock whould say "Logic dictates that a funny man should stick to funny stuff."
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yes, but what about Robin Williams and Jim Carrey?

In terms of films I found it hard to watch, two that spring to mind are Straw Dogs and Last House on the Left, oddly both movies concerned with rape. In the first I found it uncomfortable watching because of the feeling you were supposed to think the wife was asking for it, not helped by the fact she's just cheatig on her husband to start with and it doesn't become a rape till the second bloke joins in. For more plot based reasons I also think the end sequence would be more interesting if you didn't know if David Warner had murdered the little girl or not. With Last House the constant switching between really dark, nasty stuff and wacky Benny Hill moments was a bit to disconcerting.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

inflatable dalek wrote:Yes, but what about Robin Williams and Jim Carrey?

In terms of films I found it hard to watch, two that spring to mind are Straw Dogs and Last House on the Left, oddly both movies concerned with rape. In the first I found it uncomfortable watching because of the feeling you were supposed to think the wife was asking for it, not helped by the fact she's just cheatig on her husband to start with and it doesn't become a rape till the second bloke joins in. For more plot based reasons I also think the end sequence would be more interesting if you didn't know if David Warner had murdered the little girl or not. With Last House the constant switching between really dark, nasty stuff and wacky Benny Hill moments was a bit to disconcerting.
Glad I never saw either one.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Straw Dogs is overrated, I agree, and generally pretty dull. Peckinpah post-Wild Bunch is a very mixed bag - The Getaway, for example, would be a lot more enjoyable without the overdirected action scenes (which are unnecessary when you consider than McQueen just radiates danger anyway), while Pat Garrett is trying far too hard to be an Epic Western. Cross of Iron's much better, though, and I did enjoy The Osterman Weekend, even if I couldn't tell you the plot. Straw Dogs, like the Exorcist, got a load of hype with the ban that obscures that it's a largely dull film that hasn't aged well.

Unwatchable? Heaven's Gate, because it's so physically difficult to watch; Cruising, because it made me want to kill Al Pacino and everyone else involved; Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, because it seemed to be written by an eight year old with ADD.
The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Uh just so everyone knows I put an "A" in the title of this thread but it sorta went,.....well it went by by:wtf:. Don't know how, but it was there untill Secret code post a reply. not blameing you just saying when it happened. can't fix it so sorry.
Yeh, sounds like the old vBulletin "disappearing a" software glitch has struck again.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Beloved by Oprah Winfrey....was invited to go see this in theatres...was the worst movie I ever sat through.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini was pretty grim. I didn't get chance to watch it all the way through but I doubt I was issing much. Are ther any A.I.P fils that are actually any good?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Grandma's Boy -- I couldn't stomach that shit for 15 minutes before I had to turn it off.
inflatable dalek

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Michale Ghay once again ruins my childhood.

The Exorcist is one I've never managed more than bits of, it just came over as hugely dull. In terms of "banned" films that actually work in their own right I've always enjoyed A Clockwork Orange.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, very, very good. In a similar-ish vein, watch if... and weep when you see McDowell's mainly been restricted to shit for the past 35 years.
inflatable dalek

That's the school violence one isn't it?

I always got the feeling that McDowell, David Warner and Michael York all had the same agent for most of the 90's.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"No, Malcolm, American made-for-TV movies are where all the best stuff is now..."

Did always think Michael York was a bit rubbish, myself, Musketeers aside (where he's basically required to smile and look young compared to the other three).

Damn, I'm going to have to watch the Musketeer films now I've thought of them.
inflatable dalek

The strange thing about McDowell is that in everything he made in the 90's he wearing the same black outfit. It's like his main selling point as an actor was he'd bring his own costume.

It's impossible to tell if York can act or not because he's never had to do anything but be a bit posh and English. I remember a week where he showed up as King Arthur in three different terrible episodes of American shows (B5, Sliders and a award winningly bad TV movie based on a William Shatner book where it turns out Britain is governed by whoever has Excalibur).

I've actually been tempted to pick up the Three Musketeers book this week, apparently the recentish translation is very good.

Actually, might as well ask this here as anywhere- How good is The Saint TV show? The two mega boxsets (one for B&W and one for colour) are decently cheap on Amazon now- especially compared to the £100 I've seen the former for in HMV- and I'm terribly tempted, especially as I've been on a ITC junket this week.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Saint is ITC to the Nth degree. The plot is identical, episode after episode, and IMO it isn't as fast-paced, well-made or as colourful as later series (something the underrated Ogilvy series rectified to a certain degree). There aren't even as many fun guest stars or mad villains (it's usually just some guy doing something with stolen diamonds), but at the same time it doesn't have the edge that Dangerman has (or the star) - ITC generally benefitted from Avengers showing the way, resulting in the more memorable late sixties stuff like Department S, Man in a Suitcase, The Persuaders! and so on.
inflatable dalek

Department S is actually good is it? I might give that a try as well at some point. Man In A Suitcase seems to have a very wooden lead based on the clips/trailers I've seen which has always put me off a bit. I'm hugely enjoying the repeats of Randell and Hopkirk and The Champions on ITV4 at the moment as well (the former even has the advantage of different plots most episodes). The Persuaders is basically Moore and Curtis hamming it up for 50 minuets a week, right?

I've alaways had a soft spot for Ian Ogilvy simply because he's so good in the Avengers episode he did, if they had to decentralise Tara/the female lead by trying out male assistants he worked much better than Gambit did.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, Ogivly is class... Very underrated actor (he does well as the unsung hero in Witchfinder General too). That's one of the few Taras I can watch, actually, what with Macnee's weird ability to not look quite the same when he's a duplicate, the dollybirds and so on...

The four Department S's I saw on VHS were pretty decent... It'll depend on how much of Wyngarde's schtick you can actually take at any one time. The Persuaders! is great fun, near film quality and just the pair of them making quips for 50 minutes - plus the judge chap who gives them missions has the basic plan of eradicating crime from the world (though, seemingly, glamorous locations have priority).