What FPS are you playing?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Savannahtron

What FPS are you playing?

Post by Savannahtron »

I'm looking for a decent FPS to play online (pc). The new Wolfenstein game looks good, and there is another game called Singularity that looks cool.

I still have HL2 and Team Fortress 2, but I don't play those much. CS Source is pretty cool, but I don't get online with it much. I might go check it out again, but wanted to see what other ppl are playing.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm assuming FPS stands for First Person Shooter. I don't play online anymore; however, I am playing Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and I tend to like the World War II shooters such as Medal of Honor and Call of Duty.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, I am also playing Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'm assuming you're playing on PC, so have you tried Left 4 Dead yet? I occasionally play some Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 on Live, but I haven't played a PC game online in years.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Sir Auros wrote:I'm assuming you're playing on PC, so have you tried Left 4 Dead yet? I occasionally play some Halo 3 or Gears of War 2 on Live, but I haven't played a PC game online in years.
Neither have I. Most of my gaming online is on the X-Box 360. Modern Warfare 2 is coming out in November and looks freakin' great!

BTW, how do you like Ghostbusters?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, I have pretty much always played on a pc, although I do have a Wii. I have a lot of friends who like playing online with the Xbox, but I have never tried it. Probably would be more fun.

The PC platform has shrunk over the last 10 years compared to console games. I think a lot of this has to do with gaming companies and proprietary systems. When you can make more money on a console where people want to play a new game more often, of course you are going to change. From my experience, people that purchase a PC game play and join gaming groups, leading to less purchasing of new software.

I see new games from time to time on PC, but definitely not as many as console games.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Fallout 3, here.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote: BTW, how do you like Ghostbusters?
Bustin' makes me feel good.

It's a good game, great dialogue, all the gameplay mechanics work, and there's a thick layer of polish on most of the game. However, dying in the game sucks because you have a 20 second loadtime to respawn, and the checkpoints are not spaced very well. Also, dying will happen more than you feel is fair because there aren't a lot of options for blocking or evasive maneuvers. I like it a lot overall, but it's a shame that it had to have those problems that are pretty glaring considering the level of digital craftsmanship that went into the rest of the game.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

So all in all you would say its worth a buy Auros? As for FPS, I switch between Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 mainly. However in november....all freetime will go to Modern Warfare 2, guranteed
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

The only FPS I play regularly is Halo 3. I'll probably get Modern Warfare 2 as well. I like Fallout 3, but I'm going to need a bigger hard drive to get all the dlc. Oh, yeah, Half Life 2 is pretty fun.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I was playing Fallout 3 (not exactly what you're asking about though), but I finished it. Haven't been playing much lately. Hoping I get in the Starcraft II beta (again, not an fps).
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Thanks to the DOSbox emulator, I've been playing Blood, although I doubt it's online component is still valid.

My favorite online FPS is War Rock, but I don't know if this laptop can handle it.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I just got around to installing DOSbox to scratch my Eye of the Beholder itch, and I've been having some fun with it. Anyone know of a place to get patches to remove copy protection on old games? Remember that crap where you had to have the ****ing manual to be able to start the game, save the game, go to the next level, etc? It kind of sucks when you have the actual CD, but not the manual.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Sir Auros wrote:I just got around to installing DOSbox to scratch my Eye of the Beholder itch, and I've been having some fun with it. Anyone know of a place to get patches to remove copy protection on old games? Remember that crap where you had to have the ****ing manual to be able to start the game, save the game, go to the next level, etc? It kind of sucks when you have the actual CD, but not the manual.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7219688/Eye-o ... r-1-Manual

That help?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

*looks down* I swear to God, my gamerscore would be higher if I didn't come back to Halo over and over again.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I mostly play Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Gears of War on my xbox.
I don't play FPS on PC, I tend to suck at them... except for Unreal tourny 2004 I was a God in dogfights, of course that wasn't the FP aspect of it...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Only play FPSes on the Playstation. And then only Quake II. I still can't do that ****ing footbridge over the lava either. I am, however, the Undefeated Champion of Forever on multiplayer.