[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Does a DS Lite count?

After 5 years with an original DS, I finally got a Lite. In Crimson/Black.

They're supposedly no longer produced, but stores around here still have tons of them.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

To Heinrad, maybe playasia, there's another but I can't think of it at the moment.
Destruction is my specialty
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Does a DS Lite count?

After 5 years with an original DS, I finally got a Lite. In Crimson/Black.

They're supposedly no longer produced, but stores around here still have tons of them.
I'm keeping the faith with my original chunky DS because it has that well used charm about it/I'm unemployed. I still think it's a smashing console and still have alomost all the games I originally purchased.

Yesterday I bought some nostalgia in the shape of Snoopy Tennis on GBC (not great I just like Snoopy) and Lego Racers on PS1.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I picked up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Last night and basically played it untill the wee hours of this morning.

Also upgraded my WOW account to Wraith of the Lich King finally.
Made my first Death Knight!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

I was thinking about picking up Dante's Inferno today but all the reviews I read say it's mediocre at best.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Street Fighter 4 on PS3. Just planning and it is $29.99 now.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Paul053 wrote:Street Fighter 4 on PS3. Just planning and it is $29.99 now.
:up:

Will be getting Super SF4 for PS3 when it comes out.

Been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC mostly. Havent turned on ps3 in a while. Waiting for Yakuza 3.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

It's been a long time since I bought a new game and Aliens vs. Predator is the reason why. I had to save my money up because I HAVE to get the HUNTER EDITION for XBOX 360, It comes with a facehugger! What Alien fan doesn't want that. Sure I could have waited a week to post, but a buddy of mine works at gamestop and he sent me a photo of my copy in the box so i guessed since it's here and paid for I might as well. I can't believe he had his hands on it! Anyway, Is anyone else going to get this game? and is anyone else going to get the hunter edition?

Oh and a quick random question does anyone know how many discs FF XIII is going to be? I really want that game and I just want to know that info, I can't find it anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Singstar 80's and Singstar 90's. I'm a drunken Singstar freak (when I'm drunk), it's so much fun screaming your lungs out to hit the high notes because it's right at that point you need to fight back the vomit reflex.

And on eBay I just won Super Mario Advance 2 (basically Mario World on GBA) to play on the DS. Happy days.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:
Oh and a quick random question does anyone know how many discs FF XIII is going to be? I really want that game and I just want to know that info, I can't find it anywhere.
There was a preview of it in 'Empire' magazine, basically praising the bluray capabilities of the PS3 and stating the Xbob 360 version would be a minimum 6 disc buy.

Old school, just like FFVII on the playstation, although I still have nightmares about getting all the cards on FFVIII in that sub-game, addictive and annoying in a way dross like Fable can only hope to emulate.

Anyways on topic, randomly picked up 'Batman : Arkham Asylum' on the Xbox 360, immensley entertaining combat system, enjoying clobbering **** out of generic goons and collecting random crap.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I became addicted to the combat challenges on Arkham Asylum, so entertaining! especially when you've maxed out the upgrades! FFXIII is out march 9th i think, at least that's what the pre-order on amazon says. gonna pick up the shiny collectors ed. Just bought Mass Effect 2...should be here any day now...

Also picked up Tekken 6 last week, pretty good fun as always, but the fact that the story mode is based around the annoying "Tekken Force" mode really pisses me off

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Sades

Post by Sades »

I didn't buy it but I've been playing a rented copy of Harvest Moon DS Cute so much that I may as well just go out and buy a used copy.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Wildrider wrote:There was a preview of it in 'Empire' magazine, basically praising the bluray capabilities of the PS3 and stating the Xbox 360 version would be a minimum 6 disc buy..
Thanks for the info. WOW 6discs? Really? I was thinking around 5 so I was close. I really like mulit-disc games It seams you get more for your money. Games like Blue Dragon and Mass Effect 2 to name a few. But 6 thats double Blue Dragon! Thats massive, game glad it comes out on my birthday.:lol:

Also does anybody know where I can get a copy of the 1st Aliens vs. Predator (1999) for pc, that's not ebay. like an online game store of some sort?
Wildrider

oops

Post by Wildrider »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Thanks for the info. WOW 6discs? Really??
Ah my bad, I found the offending article again and it states it will be four discs. not six. My subconscious must have embellished it, I just wanted to look like a big shot...

:(
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

To HeavyArms:

Thanks for the info. PlayAsia's got it. I'm not liking their price, though. And they've apparently only got 3 copies.

Pricey place, isn't it.....

In other gaming-type news, this isn't a recent buy, but after talking to a friend of mine, I was worried that my PS3 wouldn't handle PS1 discs. So last night, for a test run, I put in my battered copy of "Evil Dead: Hail to the King", which works fine. So either the dropping of the backward compatibility is a new thing, or there's another Evil Dead game on the way(he said hopefully)......

I should give my PS2 discs a shot. Maybe they work as well.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Not this week, but Pokemon SoulSilver as soon as it comes out and I can get to the Game Stop to buy it.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Oh man, the Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition is the highest quality collector's edition I've ever had the pleasure of opening. So much great stuff and so perfectly packed.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Wildrider wrote:Ah my bad, I found the offending article again and it states it will be four discs. not six. My subconscious must have embellished it, I just wanted to look like a big shot...

:(
That's ok 4 discs is still a big game, and well worth the $60.
Sir Auros wrote:Oh man, the Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition is the highest quality collector's edition I've ever had the pleasure of opening. So much great stuff and so perfectly packed.
Does it really come with a copy of the sountrack on a record and on a cd?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It comes with the soundtrack to the first game on a record, and the soundtrack to the sequel on a CD. It also has a spiffy hardcover art book, three prints of Rapture propaganda, and the packaging is just super classy.

Unboxing videos are ridiculously lame, but this one is cringe-worthy. Still, it does show how cool the stuff in the box is.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUVPK_z8vfk[/youtube]

EDIT - So...how do I use the damn youtube tags? I copied the link and put the tags around it, is that not how it's supposed to work?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

EDIT - So...how do I use the damn youtube tags? I copied the link and put the tags around it, is that not how it's supposed to work?
Nope - Just put the bit after the v= (gUVPK_z8vfk) between the tags.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"