[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Yep, got Infamous 2 last Sunday, and Portal 2 (X360) came in the mail yesterday.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up Duke Nukem Forever and the Tomb Raider Trilogy.

As glad as I am that they've released the Tomb Raider Trilogy, I'm not completely sure what I was expecting. Legend still looks beautiful(though playing it when half asleep won't get you anywhere), but all the remastering seems to have done is bring the console version up to the look of the PC version. That being said, there's also the fact that I'm not having to fiddle with settings to get a smooth frame rate while playing.

Duke Nukem is fun, so far(although it took them forever to get me an actual gun, I'm playing Duke Nukem for pity's sake, not Solid Snake. Duke is anything but stealthy), but after looking at some of the reviews, I'm not sure if that's going to change......

And once you sign up with Steam, they never forget you.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

This week I picked up Zuma, Feeding Frenzy, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies, Mortal Kombat, and two MK DLC packs to get the klassic costumes and Skarlet. The pop cap games were all 50% off this week and my kids wanted them, but they are all actually pretty awesome, especially Peggle.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up FEAR 3 Collector's Edition (X360) on Wednesday, and depending on how Sunday goes I'll probably pick up Transformers: Dark Of The Moon because it'll be cheap.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up FEAR 3 Collector's Edition (X360) on Wednesday, and depending on how Sunday goes I'll probably pick up Transformers: Dark Of The Moon because it'll be cheap.
I also downloaded the Severed DLC for Dead Space 2.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Double post!

Nothing new here. I'm waiting for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I have started a new playthrough of Mass Effect 2 - a new game without an imported save file. My only save file from ME1 is my perfect Paragon save and I wanted to see what the world would be like if Shepard hadn't been quite as awesome in the first one. This time also, he's an Engineer, which is quite a cool class indeed.

In fact, I think I've had slightly more fun gameplay wise with my Engineer and Adept playthroughs than my 'real' soldier one. Interesting...
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I got 'Excite Truck' via eBay yesterday. That's a mental little game, good fun too (on Wii).
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Gamers Gate had Civilization V for $17 yesterday! I'm on vacation, but got into a hotel in time to get the notice about it with 2 hours to spare. Haven't downloaded or played it yet, but I'm stoked to have it at that price!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Yep, got Transformers: Dark Of The Moon sort of cheap, I will probably play it next after I'm finished with Mortal Kombat and after I see the movie.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

HeavyArms wrote:Yep, got Transformers: Dark Of The Moon sort of cheap, I will probably play it next after I'm finished with Mortal Kombat and after I see the movie.
How is MK? I was a big fan back around MK2, and haven't really been staying with it since. I enjoyed MK: Deception & Armageddon though. I thought it would be nice for them to return to a 2D fighting field, so I'm interested to see how people like this one...
walsh_Fever
Protoform

Post by walsh_Fever »

I plan on reserving a copy of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The game should be incredible.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Going Nintendo happy at the moment. Last Saturday I got Mario Kart Wii and Okami from Cash Converters, and today I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii for a tenner off Gumtree.

I love all the Mario Karts, me.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Best Buy had Chicken Blaster with an orange rifle zapper for $4.99 last week, so I picked up two, planning on selling the second game and keeping two zappers. I went into Toys R Us today, and the manager started doing a return instead of a trade-in. I stopped him, and he said that I'd get a lot more with a return since the game was unopened. I checked several times if that was kosher, and he insisted. So I got about $12 back! Free rifle zappers, and a game the kids enjoy, plus a psychological encouragement to buy more TFs. It's a win-win-win!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

ganon578 wrote:How is MK? I was a big fan back around MK2, and haven't really been staying with it since. I enjoyed MK: Deception & Armageddon though. I thought it would be nice for them to return to a 2D fighting field, so I'm interested to see how people like this one...
It is the best MK yet. It is a re-imagining of MK 1-3 so it has all the characters with an alternate storyline that changes a few things in the continuity. It has an awesome 1 player story mode that rivals some movies, with a story that actually makes sense.

Gameplay wise it is a true 2D field, and it plays like Ultimate MK 3 on steroids. Tons of really fun juggle combos and neat set ups for combos. It is also more dark and edgy than any MK before it.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Has anyone played the new Alice game yet? I'm trying to decide between it and Castlevania LoS....
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

If you're UK based and own a Wii, you might be interested in Resident Evil 4 for £3.99!

What a bargain, eh?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Clearly I didn't buy it this week, but as I was straightening up my games, I came across Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the Gamecube. I had completely forgotten that I had bought it at a thrift shop a while back for a couple bucks, so it's like a free game for me now!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Ackula wrote:It is the best MK yet. It is a re-imagining of MK 1-3 so it has all the characters with an alternate storyline that changes a few things in the continuity. It has an awesome 1 player story mode that rivals some movies, with a story that actually makes sense.

Gameplay wise it is a true 2D field, and it plays like Ultimate MK 3 on steroids. Tons of really fun juggle combos and neat set ups for combos. It is also more dark and edgy than any MK before it.
Thanks! I look forward to it. It'll be a while before I get to it though; first off I have no money anyways, second I have Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Goblin Commander to get through first. All in due time!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I love Super Mario Sunshine, I've never seen it as the weakest of the Mario games... for me the island analogy as a hub world works much better than that in Mario Galaxy, even though its exactly the same premise darbed in different clothes.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
How is MK? I was a big fan back around MK2, and haven't really been staying with it since. I enjoyed MK: Deception & Armageddon though. I thought it would be nice for them to return to a 2D fighting field, so I'm interested to see how people like this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
It is the best MK yet. It is a re-imagining of MK 1-3 so it has all the characters with an alternate storyline that changes a few things in the continuity. It has an awesome 1 player story mode that rivals some movies, with a story that actually makes sense.

Agreed with what Ackula said, with the awesome story mode, the at times difficult Challenge Tower, the awesome X-Ray moves and the Fatalities.
I highly recommend it.