[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:The WiiU really does have a solid set of games now eh? With more brilliance guaranteed in the next year. If only they would start packaging the WiiU with the new official battery that gives much extended life to the gamepad.
Even though I still have MUCH gaming left to do on my PS3 and 360, I have been mulling over which of the new systems to get (PS4 or XBO, Wii U hasn't even been much of a thought). I've left my Wii in the dust, as it's been 'dead' for quite some time (but I will still never get rid of it). I've never had much interest in the Wii U until this year's E3. I knew a new Zelda would hook me in, and Smash Bros. is a definite. If the Big N drops in a new Metroid Prime (Dear God, let it NOT be HD versions of the first 3), I am 100% sold on a Wii U. And it will be far cheaper than the other two systems.

The library of 'evergreen' Nintendo titles for the Wii U is definitely growing!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

As it happens just today in the news Shigeru Miyamoto and others at Nintendo have expressed a preference for a Metroid Prime 4 for WiiU. Its not a solid definite, but Miyamoto hasn't had anything to do with Metroid in the past and even he would like there to be a new Prime title.

A proper WiiU next gen open-world Zelda AND a totally expansive, immersive Metroid Prime game to cater for your past and futuristic-themed gaming needs.

How cool is that!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I been using my brother's 3DS recently and just bought FE: Awakening for it. Not sure I made mention of that at all. It's pretty fun, but some missions are pretty stupid without the DLC which I plan to get eventually (I didn't survive a single attempt to recruit Priam; it's ridiculous).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:As it happens just today in the news Shigeru Miyamoto and others at Nintendo have expressed a preference for a Metroid Prime 4 for WiiU. Its not a solid definite, but Miyamoto hasn't had anything to do with Metroid in the past and even he would like there to be a new Prime title.

A proper WiiU next gen open-world Zelda AND a totally expansive, immersive Metroid Prime game to cater for your past and futuristic-themed gaming needs.

How cool is that!
That's fantastic! Add those in to Mario 3D World, MK8, Smash Bros., and Pikmin 3. This is making my future choice easier by the month. I wish it wasn't such a slow burn to get new games, but at least when they do come out, they're highly polished.

Oh, and on topic, I downloaded Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition on the 360 via Games with Gold. And tonight I will also get Charlie Murder since it's free too.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

What's up everyone!

Been awhile sine I last visited. Can't believe I remembered my login credentials after all this time! Good to still see some familiar faces still posting!

Anyways I'm trying to decide whether to get a PS4 or XBOne later this fall. I've been real happy with my 360 library and have developed a liking to their exclusives, however after comparing the two I keep leaning towards PS4. Please help me with identifying the positives/negatives of both consoles. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote:What's up everyone!

Been awhile sine I last visited. Can't believe I remembered my login credentials after all this time! Good to still see some familiar faces still posting!

Anyways I'm trying to decide whether to get a PS4 or XBOne later this fall. I've been real happy with my 360 library and have developed a liking to their exclusives, however after comparing the two I keep leaning towards PS4. Please help me with identifying the positives/negatives of both consoles. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Ok I own both and love them both so this is a hard choice. Tell me what you like/hate, what matters to you most, and what would sway you one way or the other.

Here are a few positives for PS4.

*inFAMOUS is effin bonkers!

*The Dual Shock 4 feels pretty damn good

*1080p on most games is pretty nice.

*it's pretty small.

*The Last of Us Remastered

*The Share button is really useful for tweeting out screenshots

Here are a few positives for Xbox One

* larger number of retail exclusives, especially for the next 6-12 months

* The controller is the BEST controller I have ever held in my life

*Kinect is a useful piece of kit, I use the voice commands daily.

* Personally I love all the exclusives: Ryse, Deadrising 3, and Forza 5 are great.

*Sunset Overdrive looks like the most amazing a colorful pure shot of unfiltered fun I've seen in awhile.

*The "Xbox Record" that feature is so handy and a major reason to own kinect, and you can upload all your recorded clips directly from your console via the YouTube app which is cool.

*The system NEVER makes a sound, and is always whisper quiet.

*Halo... nuff said.

Negatives for PS4

* Lack of retail exclusives means the library feels a bit dry atm, especially since the big exclusives this year are an HD remake ans a Racing game that only has 50 cars...

* Mine gets super hot and super loud, you HAVE to keep it in an open area and entertainment center will cause it to overheat, at least mine did.

* 80% of the controllers have something wrong with them. You may not have any issues now but when me and 2 friends bought ours we all had problems with controllers like this.

* The headset SUCKS! I sold mine to gamestop for $3.22 and don't regret it it is a POS... you'll need a 3rd party headset.

* Controller battery life is piss poor, lasts 10 hours at best for me.

Xbox One Negatives

* The UI is a PAIN to navigate without the use of Kinect voice commands so if you're getting one without kinect, prepare to dig for what you want until they update it.

* The system is HUGE! I swear i could to hunting for Elephants and just chuck the darn thing at it and one shot it.

* 720p-900p is a bit of a let down. It doesn't really matter though so long as you don't know what you're missing. I mean it doesn't make or break a game, but it is a negative and one that is even more present if you own both like I do.

Hopefully that helps you, if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :) Both of these systems are great and I recommend both but if i had to pick it'd be the one I bought first... the Xbox One. it's just more well rounded system and while it's not as powerful it's offers enough to make up for it imo and that controller is so damn good!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Depends how much DLC you got and whether or not the xBox 1 is backwards compatible. Otherwise I'd just go for the PS4 because I don't know whether or not you still gotta pay for Live.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:Depends how much DLC you got and whether or not the xBox 1 is backwards compatible. Otherwise I'd just go for the PS4 because I don't know whether or not you still gotta pay for Live.
Neither Next gen console is backwards compatible this time around. PS4 will have PS now soon... but you have to pay for it so pass from me.

Also Yes you still have to pay for live, you also have to buy PS PLUS now on PS4. So either way it's a tacked on expense, and personally Xbox Live if worth the money more than Plus. Both are pretty equal in terms of free games now and Live is far more reliable than PSN.

It all comes down to the games really. What do you like most, that should make the choice for you more than anything.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

As part of the EB Games mid-year sale I bought Deadpool on X360 as well as a Watch_Dogs beanie.
Destruction is my specialty
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Goldeneye on Wii, for £2 in a charity shop.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Thinned out my game collection by 5, traded it for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which I have long coveted but never bought. Maybe it's because I have played and finished the N64 version a handful of times, so it's not like I would miss out on much by holding out. The game was the reason I bought an N64 though, much like the new Zelda will be a Wii U seller for me.

After playing the title through the first dungeon, I must say I am impressed. For such an old title, the facelift (which is considerable) somehow makes things feel incredibly new. Same story, same music, same game. But it all feels somehow different. The 3D is well done, and doesn't necessarily feel tacked on (plus you can turn it off anyways). The little things, like small bugs and raindrops that pass by close to your eye is really well done in 3D. I'm looking forward to enjoying this game all over again.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up Transformers: Rise of the Darkspark for the 3DS. I've liked all of the games by WayForward that I've played so far, and this one is fun. It's also a lot like the iOS G1 Awakening game., the main difference so far being movie designs and characters. According to the box, the designs for Fall of Cybertron are in there as well.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got myself a PS2 slim the other day when the Playstation broke. Enjoying so far; having to basically relearn GTA and FIFA 06 is a lot more complicated than 98. Very much enjoying the Armada TF game, though.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Its a sleek little unit eh? Also doubles up as a neat DVD player, especially if you get hold of the official remote control for it (£1 at CeX stores).

All PSOne games can be played on PS2 with some optional graphical smoothing selected in the PS2's options screen (though I've never noticed the difference). You'll need to use your PSOne memory card in the PS2 in order to save progress on your PSOne games, though I'm sure you already know that.

Its great, you can pick up some stonking games for next to nothing, e.g.

- Black: An ace FPS in a Call of Duty style.
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Mashed: Brilliant Micro Machines style fun.
- Compilations discs of old arcade games
- Resident Evil 4

Oh and Singstar. I've done this; two Singstar mics for seven quid, and stacks of Singstar discs for a few quid a piece and you've got a kick-ass karaoke machine that can save your warbling to memory card, and record your performances with Eye Toy (which is usually 50p to £1 down Gamestation).
verytired

Post by verytired »

Bloody Portal if I can find it outside of Online...
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Don't think the original portal came out as a standalone game for xbox 360, so you need to look for The Orange Box, should be able to pick up for under a tenner on eBay...
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, finished the remainder of Dragon Age: Origins and the DLC and now moving on to Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger, which I have done a play through of and will do another, started Medal Of Honor: Frontline.
Destruction is my specialty
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Is shattered dimensions any good? I love spidey but haven't played any of his games since Spider-Man 2 on GameCube.

I'm currently thoroughly enjoying Mario kart 8 while playing various other games on my PS3 and Wii u. Just now; shadow of the collossus.
I like bears.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Working my way through Rise of the Darkspark. Also playing, once again after many years, Castlvania III: Dracula's Curse, which is finally available for the 3DS Virtual Console.

And becoming strangely addicted to Words with Friends.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Just finished Mass Effect 3 on Xbox 360 for the zillionth time. I'm not sure what I'll play next.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.