[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades
Articles: 0
Location: I just took a DNA test turns out I'm 100% 40 flupping years old. What?

Re: [The video game thread]

Post by Sades » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:48 am

Hound wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 pm
My 8 year old has warned me that it's too hard with the motion controls though, so perhaps I won't. ;)
Don't do it homes, we spent the better part of an hour trying to fly the bird-thing in the race at the beginning. it was dumb.

... I mean it probably didn't help that I hopped into it without knowing how it all worked and said 8 yo is her mother's child and didn't bother to read the damn instructions beforehand. But, y'know. Motion controls are gimmicky and stupid and I hate them. It has nothing to do with the fact that I suck at them and everything to do with them being bad no-good etc. :glance:

ASIDES from being a terrible role model, I've been playing Dawn of Man in between bouts of being busy/not. It's a decent sim, but it's very... automated. in some respects it's nice but I wish it gave the player more ability to tweak some of the smaller aspects.

I haven't looked into mods yet, maybe there's something that allows for a bit more micromanagement.

Unicron

Post by Unicron » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:48 pm

Been playing through Control again, because someone I occasionally watch was streaming it and because I never got around to the DLC when they came out. I need to clean up a few trophies for the Foundation DLC and then I'm going to start the Alan Wake DLC.

awful_gollum

Post by awful_gollum » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:16 pm

I don't have much time for gaming anymore. I did try playing GOG's version of Zombies Ate my Neighbor (which I loved as a child) back in June. However, the audio wouldn't work! :(

mesonarin
Protoform

Post by mesonarin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:34 pm

In video games, the most critical aspect is finding a quality platform that will be exciting gameplay and ease of use. I was lucky to find something similar because I did not start playing the usual fighting games and races, but a little different side
The gaming industry is very developed, and you can find absolutely anything. In this respect, I was lucky because my computer is not very powerful to pull big games. That's why for me, farmingless.com is the most suitable option.
Last edited by mesonarin on Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Because I can't read kanji to save my lifeI shall have to resort to the eBay listing.

Kantai Collection KanColle Kai Regular Edition for the PS Vita. Cute anime girls dressed up as World War 2 era battleships. It's a Vita version of the mobile game. No clue if it's any good yet, but it looks like fun. And it was a sealed copy, complete with instruction manual.

I miss instruction manuals......

Workbeetle
Protoform
Custom Title: Workbeetle

Post by Workbeetle » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:02 am

Unfortunately while I'm playing on a weak laptop, I've already got a whole list of things I'd like to get through. Now I've finally started saving up for something with at least a medium budget. Meanwhile, I'm passing old games such as C&C Red Alert 2-3, as well as once again passing the old Mass Effect trilogy. Well, if I'm on the road, I use my phone for a vulkanvegas bonus and play slots. It's a dubious pastime, though. So far so good.