[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Dang that's good.

What was the PSOne stuff? I've got a weird habit of collecting PSOne games at the moment. My most recent finds are:

- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Grandia
- Destruction Derby 2
- Worms
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Ape Escape
- Colin McCrae 2
- Street Fighter EX
- G Police
- Ridge Racer Type 4

All for a pound each. Love the PSOne (slim version). My favourite looking console. (the Gamecube runs a close second).

[Edit] Sonic Adventure 2 has got some dodgy as hell camera angles, but it's very bright, colourful and fast. And worth it if you're a bit of a sonic fan, though I would imagine that Sonic and the Black Knight or Sonic & the Secret Rings are far better games. You can probably get them for less than a tenner each on Wii in most shops.

And you can get Madworld on Wii for £3-4 quid at most places too. Stacks of great Wii games for a fiver or less available.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got my PS1 (the slim one) for just £1 at a car boot so good on me there. Because I got it cheap I used it in an art exhibit without having to worry about having something expensive broken.

Games I have are...
NHL 99 £2
Tony Hawks PS2 £3
Micro Machines V3 £2
Fifa 01 £1 (people look at me funny when I say the last Fifa I played has Paul Scholes on the front)
The Simpsons Wrestleing £3
South Park £3
GTA 2 £5
Lego Racers £3
Tony Hawks PS £4
Beast Wars £2
Spider-man 2 Enter: Electro £2

They're just easy to pick up on lunch breaks with just loose change. I buy whatever takes my fancy or stuff I owened as a kid.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Spider Man: Enter Electro is a good game. I think its that I love most Spider Man games in general. Spider Man 2 on the Gamecube is one of the few movie games I've ever bothered to complete.

It's probably the link to Bionic Commandos, but its also one of those games that realises how fun video games can be; when you get to swing through New York like a mad bastard superhero at breakneck speed.

I always wondered what the Beast Wars game was like. Is it basically Street Fighter with less moves? Presumably a bit better than Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi, or Rise if the Robots (going back a bit there).
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

The Beast Wars game is terrible, really terrible. It's not a fighting game (the gameboy colour one is but that might be Japan only) it's a 3rd person shooter type thing involving switching to beast mode to avoid energon overload. It plays in the most rigid and aweful fashion and I only bought it because it was Beast Wars memrobilia and I naively thought that it can't be as bad as everyone says it is. I was wrong.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Perhaps he means Beast Wars: Transmetals. It's like... OK it's not like Street Fighter or any other fighting game I can think of. Kind of a top down arena fighting... thing? :o Not a drastic improvement, anyway.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ah ok, I didn't know there were two Beast Wars games! Good on them for trying two different styles. I didn't know Beast Wars was popular enough, even at it's height to warrant two games.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Die! Die! Die!

:D
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Bought StarCraft 2 today. Not a bad game :)
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Savannahtron wrote:Bought StarCraft 2 today. Not a bad game :)
You wanna piece a' me, boy?!

Name: Deadpool

Friendcode: 479

=D
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Contemplating getting "Dragon Age: Origins" this week, waiting for war for cybertron to go down in price...

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I just got a note from my brother that my copy of Starcraft has arrived at my parents house. Won't be able to pick it up before the weekend though...

WE CAN NOT HOLD!
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Shrapnel Clone wrote: WE CAN NOT HOLD!
GET SOME!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

A bit of a game haul this week with Starcraft 2 CE (I love the USB dog tag), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Pokemon Soulsilver.
Destruction is my specialty
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Prowl1984 wrote:waiting for war for cybertron to go down in price...
Best Buy has got it for $40 this week. If that doesn't tempt you then you're gonna have to wait for a long time.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Iron Man 2 (X360) on sale and Mega Man Zero Collection (DS) also really cheap, although Iron Man 2 probably isn't a very good buy regardless of if it was cheap or not.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote:Best Buy has got it for $40 this week. If that doesn't tempt you then you're gonna have to wait for a long time.
Prowl's in the UK. I'm planning on getting that when it goes down in price too.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Just scored an ebay lot that I'm pretty excited about. Got Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime Trilogy (all for Wii), as well as a Wii system for $150 and free shipping. I figure I can sell the Wii and wind up with each game for less than $15!
On a related note, anyone looking to buy a Wii? :)
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Save the date: August 31

Metroid: Other M

Oh hell yes! I've been waiting for this one for awhile!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Currently downloading DeathSpank and am looking forward to the sequel, also wondering if I should download the full versions of Earthworm Jim HD, Duke Nukem Manhatten Project and Duke Nukem 3D.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Currently biding time until Reach by sludging through Fallout 3 and Forza Motorsport 3.