[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Nice! The accordion is one of those instruments that you just have to be either totally awesome or totally horrible at to be cool. There's a big donut hole in the middle. Mediocre accordionists are just awful.

I don't play ukulele, but I respect those who do. I'm starting to dabble in guitar, but I'm pretty bad so far. My son (age 8) taught himself several Zelda and Metroid songs on his violin and piano. He's so good!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Notabot wrote:Nice! The accordion is one of those instruments that you just have to be either totally awesome or totally horrible at to be cool. There's a big donut hole in the middle. Mediocre accordionists are just awful.

I don't play ukulele, but I respect those who do. I'm starting to dabble in guitar, but I'm pretty bad so far. My son (age 8) taught himself several Zelda and Metroid songs on his violin and piano. He's so good!
Young age multi instrumentalists are the future! If not profesionally then for attracting ladies lol.

There is a pawn shop near me that sells accordions fairly cheap but as you say you are either good or just plain bad so I'm put off in favour of a stylaphone or something similar.

I've had my ukulele since the christmas before last but didnb't get properly into it until I started university in september and joined the uke orchestra there. It's loads of fun though.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Awwww no one carfs for Elder Scrolls :,(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Iron Warrior

Post by Iron Warrior »

Gonna be Pokemon Black for me on friday. Been looking forward to this for a While now.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Selkadoom wrote:Awwww no one carfs for Elder Scrolls :,(
That's not true, I carf for Elder Scrolls. I picked it up a few weeks back but haven't been able to delve into it yet since I'm trying to tackle my other games that aren't so demanding. What I have played of it, I have thoroughly enjoyed. Looking forward to this one when I get back to it!

That said, I just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum this past weekend. Phenomenal game, though I imagined the final battle would be harder than it was. I'm not disappointed, just surprised.

I've started in on Halo 3 now. Pretty decent game, and I'm not too far in. Hasn't quite hooked me yet, but hopefully that will come in time. After that I'll be working on Resident Evil 5. Then I can turn my attention to Oblivion...
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Kay,.... Whats your Oblivion set up

(Race,Birthsign,Class)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'm just inserting Pokemon Black into my DS right now.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Dragon Age 2 next week... looking forward to it!
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I know this has been released long but I just got some time now. PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum. Is it really that good? I'm thinking about getting it in the next few weeks.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Selkadoom wrote:Kay,.... Whats your Oblivion set up

(Race,Birthsign,Class)
I'll check for sure later tonight when I'm home (haven't played in about a month, only played a couple hours) but I believe this is what I had going:

Race: Nord (switched from Dunmer before leaving the sewer)
Birthsign: The Mage
Class: Spellsword

You?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Race Argonian

Birthsign The Thief

Class (Shroud) custom

Lvl 21 in one week
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Traded in my limited edition Dead Space 2 for the collector's edition on PS2 and also got Bulletstorm for X360.
Destruction is my specialty
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Paul053 wrote:I know this has been released long but I just got some time now. PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum. Is it really that good? I'm thinking about getting it in the next few weeks.
Yes, yes and yes again. It is brilliant.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed Pokemon White on Wednesday.
Destruction is my specialty
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Just picked up Homefront on release day. Multiplayer is great so far as it mixes vehicles in with the gameplay. Reminds me of Battlefield.

The single player campaign has some pretty serious and crazy elements that occur within the story. Some of it will make you cringe.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Paul053 wrote:I know this has been released long but I just got some time now. PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum. Is it really that good? I'm thinking about getting it in the next few weeks.
Definitely. I have it for the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, I picked up Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii since they did a second run of it and was lucky enough to have preordered it. Nice little set, though I'm a bit bummed that Nintendo did NOTHING with the game outside of port it directly from the Super Nintendo. There's got to be a veritable crap-ton of space left on that disc that they could have put to good use. The included soundtrack CD is nice, but 10 of the 20 songs are sound effects, and there is a bunch of great Mario music that could have gone on that thing. :wtf: Especially since the runtime is only ~30 minutes. Again, wasted disc space. Thankfully it's only $30, but I would have felt better about it at $20.

The only redeeming quality is that it contains 4 of the best platformers ever made. :up:
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Sixswitch wrote:Yes, yes and yes again. It is brilliant.
ganon578 wrote:Definitely. I have it for the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely give it a try when I have time. Wife and kids trip through Japan has been postponed (actually feel relax about this), so I have couple more months to wait to play it.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

A buddy of mine at work gave me a copy of PGR4 for the 360 since he doesn't have an Xbox. Looking forward to taking it for a spin tonight after work. He also gave me a mic headset and chatpad keyboard for the controller. Not too shabby...
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Today I got a Playstation for £3